It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Rep Rangel wins primary, despite ethics charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow, so the guys a criminal, a racist, a thief and a race baiter and the people still vote for him? Seems they get what they deserve I guess, just more of the same. He's been in office 40 years, and is 80 yearrs old......I can't really see the wisdom in voting for him if the other things didnt even exist. So we have a man who is touting a win for his community.......I bet they are proud, they must be they put him there how many times before........another perfect example for term limits.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AiHI.ukpJZpxbsR8t0CmuVeyFz4D;_ylu=X3o'___'JmMGUyanVkBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwOTE1L3VzX3ByaW1hcnlfcmRwBGNwb3 MDMQRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNueXJlcHJhbmdlbHc-

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You forgot that this is a conspiracy website.

You think politicians are actually voted into office?

Spare me.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

As Mayor of Washington D.C., Barry was the target of a high-profile 1990 arrest on drug charges, which precluded him from seeking reelection that year. After he was convicted of the charges, Barry served six months in a federal prison, but was elected to the D.C. city council in 1992 and ultimately returned to the mayoralty in 1994, serving from 1995 to 1999. Today, Barry again serves on the city council, representing Ward 8, which comprises Anacostia, Congress Heights, Washington Highlands, and other neighborhoods.

Wikipedia

They still love him in DC.

edit on 15-9-2010 by VAPatriot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

They still love him in DC.

Haha, that's because every living creature in DC has a heart blackened by corruption...even the little squirrels.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think all in all it's more indicative of the state of politics and race in this country. Never is going to chnage as long as people like this exist....unfortunately, when he expires, another with the same values will step in and fill his shoes......

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What could the voters in NY have been thinking?

"Rangel may be a criminal, but at least he's our criminal?"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wait, not so fast.
It's only the primaries and this may not be such a bad thing afterall because, as it looks now, he may be on trial just in time for the general election.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To me Rangel's most serious offense is the ethics charges that are being brought against him. I will make up my mind on those when I hear more of the evidence.

As far as him being a "racist" a "race baiter" etc. etc. I don't pay much attention. That is just what the right is calling every black person who has any power, unless he or she is a Republican or Tea Party candidate.

IMO he has served the people of New York well, and it would be a shame if the charges are true and he has to leave in disgrace. He has a history of remarkable accomplishments.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You seriously think good old Charlie isn't a racist........wow. What exactly does one have to do, if black, to be labeled a racist in your estimate?

top topics

join