It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bowling for Columbine"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I can oly give my view two items. The high gun deaths and the modern music one.

With the gun deaths its pretty simple, the USA has less gun laws than other naitons and it is easier to get a gun than say Spain.

With modern music. I blame it on creating more violent and abusive kids. Marylin Manson should be shot. His crap that he puts out is so sicking and violent its no wonder why he has'nt killde anyone yet. But not many kids listen to Manson (Thank God!). More kids listen to rap. Eminem is a prime example of creating more angry kids. Eminem's music should be banned from the airways and his albums should be restricted from stores nation wide. Why? The music he puts out is garbage.

Because of him children as young as 9 are calling other children "bitches and 'hos". Why? Its the music they listen to! Eminem's message in his music is simple. He's saying he hates his mom he wants to kill her, which I might add he does graphicly in his songs. He saying he hates his wife she's a 'ho. He sings about rape and killing homosexuals at kinife point. Any more infoor if you disgree please U2U me with you response.

"THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE"

EXACTLY! there are kids out there today that are saying words that i didnt even know existed when i was that age 10 years ago. something needs to be done. im scared of the next generation of americans. they will be looked at as hatefilled and intolerant of anything. plus they'll probally kill someone for looking at them funny.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

With modern music. I blame it on creating more violent and abusive kids. Marylin Manson should be shot.

oh the irony of this.

hey, take to take out the problem you must eliminate the source of it

i had quite the chuckle reading this. thank you for making my day.

"this music today makes people too violent, shoot the performers!!!"

lmao

its the only way

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
People thought Elvis was crude and obscene back when he was famous.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
The blame of music and video games on violence is sheer ignorance. I've listened to all the "devil" music and I've played all the violent video games. Have you ever seen what people in Japan watch or play. Anime is some of the most violent stuff I've ever seen, they even have little girls getting raped but it's perfectly fine since it is a cartoon. I remember a while back reading articles saying that some company's won't release games stateside because of their fear of how the public will handle it.

Using music as an excuse is just a scapegoat for society. Society has been blaming problems on musicians since The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc etc etc. Marilyn Manson is a shock artist, he is just like eminem in the fact that he likes to raise controversy. They both exceed because people buy into their facade. Frankly, it's a personal choice of what you listen to or watch or play, but in no way should I be told what to do as far as that goes.

[sarcasm]
Now excuse me I'm gonna go slit some throats while listening to some Slipknot.
[/sarcasm]

I have to say I agree with everything you said. I've played videogames since 1982 and Ive been listening to music all my life. Ive played all the violent games and ive listened to all the controversial music all my life. And I havent gone out and kill someone. Im not crazy. Blaming societies problems on video games, music, or TV shows is not only ignorant, but just plain stupid.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
but what do we do about socity and who do we blame then?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We blame the people that do the shooting.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Well excuse us...but we didn't have our doors locked 100 years ago, and we had just as many guns then....we're not about to give up our right to secure Freedom, just because a bunch of gangs want to shoot eachother.

I take it you have a lot of unfortunate gang violence where you live and if that be the case, then WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU LIVING?? WHY DON'T YOU MOVE? I DON'T HAVE THESE PROBELMS AND I LIVE OUTSIDE DC!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Our society has changed. You have to change with the times. You can't expect to sleep with your door unlocked in these times.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I finally saw this movie and I thought it was great!
I think that James Nichols brother of infamous Terri Nichols is a delusional , paranoid, dangerous freak (must run in the family)
I thought the whole Kmart deal was pretty cool, but I agree that Kmart isnt exactley in the right position for bad publicity which is exactley what would have happened it they said no they wouldnt stop selling ammo.
Charleton Heston did not convince me that being armed is the best idea.
Modern music is not to blame for anything. Marilyn Manson is just another human bieng and anyone who would go out and slaughter innocent people and blame it on music has alot more issues than just bad music.

America is a nation built around fear. That was a great honest look at America today.

Mark

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I really liked the movie.
The comment made by Manson totally changed my opinion of the guy. He's obviously not as crazy as he wants people to believe he is.

Everyone should see this movie, really makes you think.

Side note: I sleep with my house unlocked. Actually, sometimes I leave my house, for a couple of time, unlocked. And I usually leave my keys in the contact of my car. It's great to live in a place where crime is nearly non-existant.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
The comment made by Manson totally changed my opinion of the guy. He's obviously not as crazy as he wants people to believe he is.

He's brilliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join