It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Liberty Award - An ATS possibility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Good Afternoon ATS.

I have recently been made aware that the evil one known as Tony Blair has received the "Liberty Award". This thread shows more information on this subject - LINK

Tony Blair? Liberty? In the same sentence? I think a communal laugh / cry from ATS is warranted.

However, something more fundamental needs to be done. At ATS we all value the concept of 'Liberty'. We try and live our lives our way, without interference from others, especially governments. Many of us have different concepts of liberty, and it's accessory issues. However, I think it is fair to say unanimously that we all believe that our life, freedom of expression, and rights to property should remain un-impinged.

Therefore, I believe that ATS should have its' own AWARDS for Liberty. Instead of choosing the NWO's latest shill, we could actually nominate a selection of quality individuals from the world community that have contributed to the liberty of man, rather than destroyed it. A debate could ensue between ATS members for each candidate, so that the most suitable candidate for that year could be chosen. A forum poll could then be put in place to select the most suitable candidate from the nominations, and the award presented by our very own SkepticOverlord (Sorry Bill - photo opportunity for you, so the beard needs to be in good shape).

What say you ATS? Good idea? Bad Idea? Constructive suggestions anyone?

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am making a thread along these kinds of lines actually.

Watch this space!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nice sentiment but bad idea for this board.

Awards mean group think.

Diverse opinions make people think and make people educate themselves.

And not everyone has the same thoughts as to what 'Liberty' is ...

Anyways, I appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I think it's the wrong place for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Nice sentiment but bad idea for this board.

Awards mean group think.

Diverse opinions make people think and make people educate themselves.

And not everyone has the same thoughts as to what 'Liberty' is ...

Anyways, I appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I think it's the wrong place for it.

I don't agree that your 'against' points will affect this issue - the idea of liberty doesn't matter, as all that will affect is which candidate people would support. Awards don't necessarily mean group think - individuals could express their individuality with votes - nice and democratic. Diversity will not be impinged.

I definitely think ATS should do some awards of a sort.

Parallex.

new topics

top topics

join