It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the 8th day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This thread is aimed towards the religious or believers out there. However, it is not limited to them. Anyone that has ever read the bible might find something here.

I was talking to a scolar friend of mine today about the book of revelations. Just having a general discussion about it and throwing theories out there.

The fruit of these discussions raised a question by me. And it's a question I would like to ask here, and maybe get some input.

God created the earth, and on the seventh day he rested. After that he didn't do anything further on or for the earth. So my believe is we are still living in His 8th day. His resting day. Now the question is what will happen when God decides to do something again? Imagine the possibilities?

Furthermore, regarding the book of revelations. We also discussed the possibility that everything in revelations have allready happenned. The seals have been broken. The only one remaining is the last seal. And this will be the day of the Lord. We are allready living IN the tribulations part mentioned in the bible. There will be no great apocalypse, there will be no Huge War. Wars are happenning all around us. Earth catastrophies is happening everywhere, everyday. No comet will hit the earth, the earth isn't going to fall of its axis. We are allready in the end times, and all the signs have allready taken place.

I may be completely wrong on this, but I reckon it's worth thinking about.

VVV

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Did you forget about the floods God Created? Also tell me why God created Man on Day 5 or 6, then after the 7th day created Adam and Eve? Our there two sets of humans? Is this where the Nedertal cam from?

Here is another little nugget www.biblegateway.com...

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

The floods where created by nature. God created nature, no need for Him to create the floods, nature created it.

001:025 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle
after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth
after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

001:026 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,
and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over
all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth
upon the earth.

001:027 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God
created he him; male and female created he them.

001:028 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have
dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the
air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

001:029 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing
seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree,
in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it
shall be for meat.

001:030 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air,
and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there
is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was
so.

001:031 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was
very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

www.talkorigins.org... The link

As for your remark about God creating man twice? Where do you read that? What bible are you reading?
Please just point me in the right direction.

VVV

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There are a lot of conflicting views about the Bilble and what is in it.

But the only right view or the only truth comes from those who have attempted to read the Bible from beginning to end. If you do this, you will know the truth because the Bible is the truth and it shall set you free.

Don't believe what other people say, believe what God said and read his Word (the Bible) for yourself.

I personally don't believe there is an 8th day because 7 is God's perfect number of completion. And the Bible doesn't mention anything about an 8th day. I would guess we are real close to the seventh day which is when God rests and Jesus comes to rule and reign on the earth.

edit on 15-9-2010 by prophecywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
uh, not burst this theory, but god rested on the 7th day. The 8th day would be for creating again. who knows what day it is, for him.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
uh, not burst this theory, but god rested on the 7th day. The 8th day would be for creating again. who knows what day it is, for him.

My point exactly. God rested on the 7th day. And he is still resting.

Also I don;t proclaim to know what day it is for him. Just saying if God created everything within 7 days, and then rested, he may still be resting. Since the bible verses ends there. And who know what might happen when God decides to do something again?

VVV

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

right, but you say were in the 8th day. god is no longer resting.

you ever consider if god was an entire civilization?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

In Genesis Chpt 2 God creates Adam and Eve, In Genesis Chpt 1:26 god creates man in Gods Image. Also did you notice in Gen Chpt 1:28 The word replenish? So what is God Replenishing? Now I know translations get lost From Hebrew to Greek To Latin To English...
Also I should add, we dont know how long a day is to God, we may think of a day as 24 hours, but in reality in could be millions of Human years. Which could Explain some of the Theorys out there regarding the creation fo Earth and the Universe.

edit on 15-9-2010 by poedxsoldiervet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
God rested on the 7th day because he had a hangover.

I know this because he must have been drunk on the 6th day to create man.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Eighth day, ay. Something from back in the day, 1979-80.

Eighth day...
[Original film sequence.]

"On the eighth day machine just got upset
A problem man had not foreseen as yet
No time for flight, a blinding light
Then nothing but a void, forever night"

[Custom footage by fan, with lyrics.]

Maybe we are, while people like Liam Fox insist of progressing the Trident replacement programme while others in the global government are intent on strategic arms reduction into eventual abolition, when even senior military commanders agree with what is essentially what i say in, "The Future Is Tactical Not Strategic!" because it sends a signal to rogues who want to develop nuclear weapons that they are justified and gives them all the propaganda they need to incite and destabilise world peace, With individuals which are a threat to global peace like Liam Fox, perhaps we are in the "eighth day".

Like i'm going to comment about Theresa may being doggedly intent on reducing police in such times as the Tory agenda is going to increase crime levels and violence is going to rise on an acute curve and people will commit urban terrorism with and our national security will be increasingly open to attack.

The MoD and Home Office ministers are fast proving a threat to our domestic stability with minimal controls to deal with the consequences of their actions and a threat to our national security, how are they going to deal with the consequences of %25 cuts in police budgets? Nuke the fracking cities when the riots start because they have pushed UK society beyond tolerance and police are overwhelmed!!! How are they going to deal with a terrorist bomber achieving objective and detonating a small but destructive device on a bus, in say, Birmingham, nuke Birmingham with a high yield strategic nuke?

Domestic priorities take precedence over arrogant delusionals who consider themselves of some superior status, saying their penis is bigger than everybody elses on the planet, using a non existent threat scenario and utter and blatant lies, in Parliament, regards the global threats which they duplicity state is justification for a continued and modernised strategic nuke capability, which if they declassified the missile spec's would indicate the replacement programme flies in the face of non proliferation treatise and an utter waste of taxpayers money when so many other areas of domestic budget require those monies, which seem to have conveniently fallen from 80 billions, adjusted to 2025 projection, to 20 billions in 'capital spending' now, since Bush conned Tony Blair into signing the Trident replacement contracts, more like 120 billions by 2025, all told real costs in adjusted figures [Mutable to unknown quotient flux.].

Won't be satisfied until the country is in flames, it seems, grrrrrr.

Peace.

edit on 15-9-2010 by DeltaPan because: change 2 to " - oops Add: since Bush conned Tony Blair into signing the Trident replacement contracts etc. :mad

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
According to the consensus among most biblical scholars, the two creation accounts are simply the result of two sets of authors, Genesis 1 being from the P school (Priestly), and Genesis 2 coming from the J school (Jahwist, the older of the two accounts).

The question is why were they combined. It creates (no pun intended) problems for the literalists/inerrantists, as well as being disjointed and clunky to have both accounts back-to-back like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsieur Neary

No I think the scholars are wrong, they want it to be that way. When you look at something from a neutral point of view it does but things in a better light.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
edit to remove link

edit on 16/9/2010 by jean59 because: (no reason given)

www2.kabbalah.com/k/index.php/p=zohar/zohar
read ...Beresheet A...section 14....read to the end.

Abba is father....Ima is mother.

top topics

join