It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty medal awarded to Tony Blair

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Liberty medal awarded to Tony Blair

www.guardian.co.uk

Tony Blair received the Liberty medal in Philadelphia last night "in recognition of his steadfast commitment to conflict resolution".

The medal is awarded annually by the National Constitution Centre to individuals or organisations whose actions aim to bring liberty to people worldwide.

"To be free, is to be responsible for the freedom of others," said Blair in a brief acceptance speech in the east coast American city
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The medal is given in recognition to his part in resolving the conflict in Northern Ireland, according to the article.

So let's be clear here - you can invade 2 sovereign nations on the flimsiest of pretexts, killing hundreds of thousands, displacing millions, lie about your reasons for going into the place and still be awarded a "peace" medal for freeing hundreds of convicted murderers, many of whom are now back to their old ways waging an undercover war involving drugs, arms dealing, punishment beatings, and murders etc masquerading as a fight for freedom.

It seems that for Bliar, the war on terror did not extend to his own doorstep - we KNOW that many of the terrorists on both sides in NI had training in camps in the mideast, and have retained ties to many groups now included in the loose association of terrorist groups known now as al-qaeda (or "The Base" if you prefer a less threatening english translation), just in case they have to take up arms again.

The hypocrisy of this man and other world "leaders" really knows no bounds.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15/9/2010 by budski because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think you'll find his medal is for services to the industrial-military complex, for services to the arms industry, and services to promoting the NWO, and for being a puppet for the TPTB.

Peace? Tony Blair? Yeah right, that would be the same as promoting Lard Prescott for his services to the salad industry.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't know what to say anymore.....

What the hell is going on?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I don't know what to say anymore.....

What the hell is going on?

What's going on is the usual re-writing of history, in this case to promote his position as "middle east peace envoy" so they can turn to the people in the area who hate him and say "look, he really is a good guy, he won a peace medal"

The interesting part about this, for me, is that Nelson Mandela was said to be livid about this award - but for once he was ignored.

Funny that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So we have Obama with his Nobel Peace Prize
and almost exactly a year later Tony Blaire gets a nice shiney medal
What ever next? the Pope getting a medal for helping all the vunerable children?? PMSL

Im simply in bewilderment these days at how morally retarded political correctness is with all this raising above the shoulders of these criminals

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

I'm waiting for history to be re-written in such a way that Bush gets cast in the light of "Saviour of the MidEast" and gets awarded the nobel peace prize.

But that might be pushing it even for the self serving deluded supporters of one of the first tyrants of the new century.

edit on 15/9/2010 by budski because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sanctioning imports of medicine for Iraqi children is what he considers 'liberty'?

Oh wait, I forgot, they can build bombs with that flu medicine.

Liberty indeed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

What do you expect?
I mean really.

Check out the elite list who pat Blair on the back. Its not as if the "people" gave Tony the thumbs up.

Liberty Medal Co-Chairs:
Christopher Bruner, Managing Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
Steven M. Galbraith, Partner, Maverick Capital
William R. Sasso, Chairman, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP

Liberty Medal Committee:
Scott Applebaum, General Counsel, Shire Pharmaceuticals
Gale Given, President, Verizon – Pennsylvania
Mark Foley, Shareholder, Cozen O’Connor
Paul Kennedy, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Francis McGorry, President, Philadelphia Coca Cola Bottling Co.
Thomas Melcher, Managing Director, Hawthorn
Jerry Pappert, EVP & General Counsel, Cephalon
F. Douglas Raymond, Partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath

constitutioncenter.org...

When Blair said this.

"To be free, is to be responsible for the freedom of others," said Blair in a brief acceptance speech in the east coast American city

He is only talking about a very select few people that he feels responsible for.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This award disgusts me. To the very core.

So much so, I have made my own thread on what ATS could do regarding this issue...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just felt it's relevant.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's another of those NWO 'awards' where they pat each other on the back for a job well done. Problem is .. most 'regular' folks buy into these awards ... into the Liberty Award, the Nobel 'Peace' Prize, the Oscars, etc etc.

Oh sure, once in a while they get it right (Mother Teresa and the 'Peace' Prize) but usually it's all screwed up (mass murdering pedophile rapist and thief Arafat getting the 'peace' prize .. Done notthing Obama getting the peace prize ..)

Real folks who deserve to be recognized .... aren't.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
All these trinkets for peace and liberty mean nothing, didn't bush get a peace prize a few years back? The elites have destroyed democracy and what it means to do the right thing for the people. Blair has always been a douche, a little spineless douche who is just another worthless lapdog for the elites. All that's changed is now he's a spineless lapdog douche with a shiney new meaningless medal to wear around his neck courtesy of the ballbags that run everything.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I cant really add much more that whats already been stated apart from adding my disgust.
When will it cease?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

lol do you know how many lists you have just got on after that comment!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I will look out for red dots.. and black helicopters!
Seriously tho, why cant he just have an "unfortunate" plane crash.. like many others.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Obama got a medal too. Most of these awards are just used as platforms to push an agenda nowadays.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaANDOmega
reply to post by LestatG

I will look out for red dots.. and black helicopters!
Seriously tho, why cant he just have an "unfortunate" plane crash.. like many others.

He may very well do when his usefullness ends.

That's the thing - he's out of his league and is too stupid to know it. He always has been out of his league, except when it comes to making a few quid by sucking up to certain people.

Bliar had his career mapped out for him from the time he attended the Bilderberg meeting before he was elected PM, along with Bush jr.

Bush has the sense (or his father does) to stay out of the public eye - Bliar is being used but craves the limelight so much he either ignores the fact, is too dumb to see it, or doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What a pathetic, little #ty prize for this monster. As others have stated, the concept behind this medal has worked well in the past:

Wealthy and powerful individuals and corporations create foundations.

The foundations give money to think tanks.

The think tanks create ideas and talking points which are distortions of reality. These ideas and catch phrases are designed to develop and advance the corporate agenda of the founders. Often these ideas is given a “scientific background” in peer-reviewed journals. The journals in which these ideas appear are mainly designed to give a portal for policies which are beneficial to the donors, but are detrimental for large parts of our society.

Then the dissemination of these ideas starts. This is done by the think tanks and supported by other foundation-funded agenda-pushers like politicians, fake grassroots action groups, PR-companies, authors and journalists. This happens often simultaneously. The general public believes various agenda-pushers act independently and are unconnected. The agenda-driven ideas become part of our common knowledge and perception. They influence our believes, how the world functions and what is necessary to do if we want to prevent disasters, or achieve certain goals.

One effective way to push the agenda, is the creation of a prize, honorary doctor title or ranking system to award the best agenda-pushing individuals and organizations. The Liberty Medal is such a prize.

But in this case, the attempt to manipulate public opinion and associate Tony Blair with

“...men and women of courage and conviction who have strived to secure the blessings of liberty to people the world over...”

www.constitutioncenter.org...
is doomed to fail. Too many of Blair's lies have been exposed. Too many people regard Blair already as a sociopathic war criminal. A wretched Liberty Medal is not going to change that.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This award would be similar to giving Eichmann an award for his services to the German Railways in WWII.

It stinks, it's wrong, and there is nothing we can do about it as TPTB flaunt their collective crimes in our faces!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join