It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man loses job for ripping pages from the Koran...IN NY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Im of the opinion that the "At-Will" employment clause is basically there as a loophole for major corporations to use in situations where an employee isn’t respected. I say this because I work for a major global corporation and have seen it happen on six different occasions in the 5 and a half years I have worked for them. I have never felt it was fair in the slightest. But then again, fairness has no place when rules are in place that discriminates against fair employment. I just hope this guy is able to stick it to the NYTS. IMHO he did not deserve to lose his job.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There seems to be confusion about "freedom of speech". This does not mean that he can say or do anything with no consequences. It means the federal government can't stop you from saying something. He did something stupid...his employer doesn't want that associated with them...they fired him. Simple...and no rights violated.

Now for those complaining about the "at will" status...I bet you are all against unions too...right??? Yet those evil unions would fight to get your job back.

Moral of the story...be RESPONSIBLE for your actions...if you are going to do something stupid and hateful...then don't cry when you have to face the consequences.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reckon thats bad ass this aussie lawyer professor guy smokes the bible and the koran in whats like a double blind fold compering texture on you tube.

www.newser.com...

looks like hes loosing his job at the university up side hes a lawer and has all his now new free time to fight it at court. lol

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
dam google censorship
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I complain about At Will employment because once you step foot off your companies property and are no longer representing them, they should have no control over your life nor should they have the ability to punish you for something they deem inappropriate. Do you believe that they should be able to have this much invasive power to control your life?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join