It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird lights in Rimini, Italy - Aug 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would like to tell you about something I saw while I was on a holiday in Rimini, Italy in late August. I have no idea what it was, and I am hoping that some of you could help or chime in with their own similar experiences.

We were walking along the seafront with my wife at about 9 or 10pm. Suddenly I saw lights over the sea which appeared and disappeared within what felt like 1 or 1.5 seconds at most. The lights were orange in colour and it looked like they formed something like a shallow arch. They were not small, I would say medium-sized, much bigger than the stars or the plane lights.

The peculiar thing is that the lights lit up and disappeared in sequence, one after another which created a feeling of movement, like a closing chinese fan or something, or sometimes like pebble that jumps and slides on the water when you throw it. Before and after the lights - complete darkness.

We went closer to the sea to investigate. We stared into the black skies and saw a small yacht far in the distance, a few tiny blinking lights, which we assumed were planes, but other than that there was nothing. At first I thought that those might have been some fireworks or flares dropped by planes or helicopters but I mostly dismissed that idea after I saw the lights a few more times.

These lights kept appearing and disappearing in complete darkness and silence. We observed the lights for about 6 or 7 times during 2 nights, I believe. They always lasted for about a second - too short to see any details or to draw any conclusions. It was like someone turned them on and off. Weird.

Could it be flares? I thought flares normally light up and then slowly fall down while they continue burning, right? I also ruled out fireworks as we did not see anything launched into the skies, neither we heard any sound. What good are fireworks that do not make any sound and last only a moment?

I had a camcorder with me on the second night but I just could not catch the moment when the lights appeared. It was always unexpected and in different parts of the sky. I tried filming some blinking lights, which might be connected to the phenomenon, but I think all of that footage is useless. Although I am still to dowload it to my computer.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

WideOpenSpace.....

Thank you for your interesting, well expressed report!

Have you done any Googling to look for other reports of any activities or sightings in that area, around that time?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
No problem, Maybe..Maybe not. I wish I could stick around for longer and try to capture something. It's just that my wife was complaining that she was cold and she had a sore throat, so we had to go back to the hotel pronto. I did search for similar reports on the Internet and I have found a small article about UFO activity in Rimini in August 2009. So, basically it's the same month, only a year ago.
They are mentioning multiple sightings of red lights and they are also saying that the unknown objects were even detected by a radar.

RIMINI - (cm) UFOs prefer the sea in Rimini.

So there might be something going on there.

Link to the original article in Italian.

Google translate of the article into English.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If you can accept the fact that Project Bluebeam exists,which to be honest Im not sure either way,then a lot of these light anomalies appearing all over the globe like the ones you saw and the bigger ones such as the Norway Spiral,Australia Spiral and the Chinese airport lights(I know these all have official explanations but you cant take THERE word for it)could point towards testing for the big lightshows to come. I dont think its just coincidence that sightings of this sort have increased rapidly over recent years and if there is some truth to the Bluebeam project these are the kinds of things we should be looking out for.

top topics

join