It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France says full-face veils and gypsies out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
What people don't seem to realize is that gypsies are nomads by nature. They move from area to area all over europe. In this sense they don't have a place to call home. They have their own identiy though, their customs, their believes, but they don't have the unity of a country as such.

However no need to hate them. I know the German guy is very proud and upstanding citizen, but please don't hate them like that. I have never met real gypsies, but i do know their history and beliefs.

I think peoples minds are clouded by preconceived notions of what gypseys are. Everybody has heard a story from his or her uncle, auntie, brother in law etc. And these stories get twisted and added on every time it is retold.

Learn to live with them, but I think gypseys will always be there. Living as nomads.

VVV

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Thank you, Sherlock,

Countries should stop victimising gypsies. They are people with alternate lifestyles, and everyone has that right.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Now you say this:

Thank you, Sherlock,

Countries should stop victimising gypsies. They are people with alternate lifestyles, and everyone has that right.

But earlier you said this :

Ugh! What good points do these people have, if any?

How do you just swing around like that? What do you honestly belief? Or do you just go with the flow?

VVV

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What people need to realise is that Gypsies (Roma) do have a country of origin and that is the Punjab region of India. They came to Europe about 800 or so years ago and they do not fit into European societies. We've just had one Gypsy here say it's OK to steal a goat to eat. Are these the sort of people we want in Europe? Certainly not. Crime is rampant amongst Gypsies and they are guilty of many heinous crimes worse than murder and rape like child stealing. Does the name Madeline McCann mean anything to anyone?

No Gypsies do not belong in Europe and neither do Muslims and their demon worshipping and their demands to accommodate their moribund and murderous creed.

If Allah is so great, why don't they go back and live in the lands he gave them?

These non-European people are brought into Europe and other European colonial countries en-masse because the intention is to produce a race war where the Euros, fed up with these primitives and their brutal lifestyles, will rise up and force them out. Of course once this happens stock markets will tumble, property prices will drop, infrastructure will be destroyed. Thus the elites will profit from buying low priced stocks and property and getting paid to rebuild infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Sheesh, I was being ironic.

What that meant was - do not damn all gypsies.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Macdon

ike child stealing

LOL!

Do they also drink their blood?

Give me a break!

Gypsies don't belong in Europe? They have been in Europe for hundreds of years. They are German, English, Romanian, Dutch, Irish..every nationality.

I am shocked at some of the stereotypes you people have spouted as fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don´t know why posters over 4 pages have not been able to bring up
the facts :

Gypsies, since being citizens of Romania - a country of the European
Union of 27 - have the same rights as all other European Union members.

They can travel in those countries without a visa for three months,
PROVIDED they can pay for accommodation and food, which they
normally cannot, being non-sedentary and unemployed in poor Romania.

So they are nothing but economical asylum-seekers trying to sponge on
French communities for subsistence.

Their slums, erected from plastic liners, tins, and wood on the periphery
of towns, without sanitation, are plain illegal.

So they are rightfully deported back home. Romania being a transitional
member of the Union does not have a welfare system that would keep
the Gypsies in the country. So, after being deported home, they
immediately are re-entering France by a bus-service set up for this
purpose, to build slums again and - what would you think they do in France
without money and no entitlement to any French welfare for their
subsistence ? They don´t accept work.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.

Romanian does NOT = Gypsy.

Gypsy does NOT = Romanian.

Why can no one understand this..please read back to my and several other posts which explains this.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Gypsies in question = Romanian

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You don´t seem to understand.

These Gypsies do come from Romania.

Gypsies within other European nations have no reason to come to
France, because their welfare systems are more or less like France´s.

They have been born into those countries and have the same rights
as any other citizen of that nation. So a non-sedentary German Gypsy,
but having a German passport or residence permit, would not try to
go to France to collect benefits, but might eventually - with German
welfare - pass a vacation in France. But he will not get a residence
permit in France, unless he is willing to accept work, which he has
to find himself first.

So the French have hysterically, but unjustifiedly come under fire
from the European Commission, because some French minister
inadvertently named the Gypsies in particular rather than talking
generally of illegal housings.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Exactly. I see nothing wrong with those deportations of illegal immigrants. They are entirely justified.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It seems to me that we have this attitude, and that attitude is - the gypsies are poor people from Romania.

Romania cannot support them.

Therefore we evict them and leave them to die.

Come on, humans, these people are also humans.

It is because we hate other humans - our own race - that we will end. If you cannot stand by your own race - that's it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think guns would solve the gypsie problem (if it is as bad some say here). If someone attempts to steal you're stuff, you shoot them in the legs and call the police...it really is that simple in my eyes, but that is my ignorance of the law abroad.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Romas or Gypsies should be treated like other immigrants and subjected to the French Immigration Laws like any other country.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Yeah, my direct family isn't rich by any stretch of the imagination, but my family that moved to the states became succesful in a depression. Kind of the opposite of what the regular stereotype of the Roma is.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Gypsys are not Romanian. Actually the Gypsies are originally from Northern India and later migrated into Europe with the highest population residing in Romania. There is no official alphabet for the Roma language but a lot is written in the Sanskrit alphabet while more recentley they have started using the Latin alphabet

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Does'nt matter where they come from or the fact that they are a nomadic people, fact is all immigrants are subjected to the immigration laws of their host nations and shoudl stand in line like everyone else. Those who push to the front of the line by arriving in illegally are criminals and should be forced in to hard labour to pay for their ticket back to where they come from with no appeal.

Until the host nations step up to the plate and make some pretty hard decisions, illegal immigrants will continue to arrive in our nations in droves at the expense of the tax payer.

In the mean time we should look after our own homeless before allowing other immigrants in.

Here in Australia there was an article in our local paper yesterday how these illegal immigrants are not only placed in motels but if any of them get hurt, even self inflicted, we are paying up to $100,000 compensation for each illegal immigrant. In the meantime there are plenty of Australians, families included, are without a roof over their head (for a number of reasons) but the most likely is because many Australians can't afford their rent that has skyrocketed in the past 2 years while wages are decreasing and the CEOs salaries are increasing to great heights never seen here.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
I am horrified by this. Roma/Gypsies have the RIGHT to travel just as people have the right to settle. It is their way of life.

You say that now but just wait untill one of them dumps his RV toilet tank in your front yard or at the mall....and then come and talk to me. Oh and while they were there they sort of helped themselves to your veg garden.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join