It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France says full-face veils and gypsies out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

the whole point of immigrating is to live within a new country, to do as they do. Like that old saying goes, "Do as the Romans do".

totaly agree, they live but in Germany but dont want to learn german,dont want to live or integrate
so, why are they here, if they dont like it, they can go back to their country,make sense no ?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Yes, France is a beautiful country. I am not talking about the countryside.

But the people are arrogant - no pc here.

Go to Paris and try to talk in french - you get arrogance, even if you did french at university.

The adjective ''beautiful'' is not solely referring to the countryside of the nation.

Of course, you're going to get arrogant attitudes if you go to the capital city of any country.

I would hope that British people are not judged, as a whole, by the attitude of people that live in London.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

You are so right - when you move into a new country, you have to do what they do.

If not, go back to your country.

This is why, I am telling the Isamic people in every country - obey the rules or go away.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by raivo
my honest opinion is that gypsies are the biggest scum on earth.

Thankfully, your honest opinion is worth less than the # on the bottom of my shoes.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

In Britain I have been molested, stolen from,defrauded, attacked, beaten up, and my cousin was murdered, all by white people.

To fall into this black/white rubbish is to play into the hands of the Zionist Mafia Elite who are deliberately creating this racial hatred.

Murder is murder, whether it is done by white, black or red people, or by governments who illegally invade other countries and murder millions of civilians.

All these labels are created by the Criminals In Charge, for the very purpose of stirring up social unrest.

The problem is that the police have been mind controlled into an agenda of extreme 'political correctness' which flagrantly defies basic common sense, hence they arrest those who defend themselves. This creates the very anger and hostility which they desire.

The black people didn't cause the banks to steal billions from the people, the black people didn't sell UK into the hands of the criminal EU nazi plan. the black people don't control and censor the MSM, the black people haven't wrecked the education system. All this is being done by the Zionist elites.

I hear you, I hear your frustration and your anger. Just don't point the finger at the wrong guys.

edit on 15-9-2010 by wcitizen because: typo

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I speak different languages, i try to integrate in every countries i traveled in, and alway respect the peoples from thoses countries, and alway respect their rules because its their home (homeland) and if they eat something , ill do the same, i try my best to understand what they do.

but magicaly, when they come to our country, we have to respect their rules in our country, their religions, their foods and their laws

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Mate, I agree with you.

My post was intended to make people see how ignorant and stupid they are, by classing, and judging all Romany people in the same bracket.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

they can go back to their country

The Roma are citizens of every country in Europe. What country would you have them go back to? Do you not realize that the Roma are German too?

There are many different tribes within the Roma. In Germany a lot of the Roma are Jenisch, like me! They are however still German.

The Roma have been a popular scapegoat through out history. Even before Hitler they were persecuted widely and in every country in the world. Almost every European country has a dark history pre dating WW2 of trying to force the Roma to assimilate. Sterilizations, forced adoptions, Eugenics ect; My own mother was a victim of a program which started in the early 1900's called Kinder der Landstrasse. It was exposed in 1973, but by then hundreds of people had been victimized under the guise of "cleansing the gypsy gene pool of unsavoury characteristics such as stealing, sexual promiscuity and dirtiness".

A word about "stealing".

The Roma steal so they can eat, and they do not generally consider it to be morally wrong. How it was explained to me by my Roma Baba ( grandma) is that if she steals my goat to eat it it is ok, if she steals my goat to sell it to buy vodka for her husband, then..it's wrong.

The Roma are citizens of every country, to tell them to go back to their "own" country means nothing, they do not have their "own" country.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The Roma steal so they can eat, and they do not generally consider it to be morally wrong.

In germany, its moraly wrong, if they want to eat, they can work if they decide to learn german, if not, they can go to hell

The Roma are citizens of every country in Europe. What country would you have them go back to? Do you not realize that the Roma are German too

They can go back to Romania, i dont give a damn, its way to easy to say "oh but they're stealing to eat"

so you dont mind if ill enter in your house and pillage your fridge, i just need to eat someting

edit on 15-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here in the UK they are closing some of the sites set up for the various traveling groups.

LINK

IMO this, and the events in France, could be the beginning of something bad. There's hardly any need to mention the Nazi's is there..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They can go back to Romania

I think you misunderstand. Romania is not the home of the Roma. There are Romanian Roma. As there are German Roma, and Italian Roma.

The Roma are NOT a nationality.

You are blinded by anger and what sounds increasingly like hate.

I think you need a hug.

*big Roma hugs*

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yes, people need to understand that the similarity between the name of the Roma/Romany people, and the nation of Romania, is purely coincidental.

Romania means something along the lines of: ''Land of the Romans'' ( ie. Julius Cesar's mob ).

I'm not sure what the derivation of the term Romany is, but it is unrelated to the country of Romania.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i think its sad for France i mean you always think there terrorists or six degrees away from a radical now you have to look at there frigging fugly faces suckers.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why is everybody angry at France for banning the burka?

"This weird custom may be fine in their own country, but what happens when this backward beliefs on attire is brought to other more civilized countries? Australia, France, Italy, Belgium, UK, the Netherland and Canada have already banned the wearing of burka’s, not to ban religious or cultural rights, but as a security issue.

Imagine concealing your identity when going to the bank, or getting a driver’s license, it certainly does pose a security issue, all sorts of items can be hidden under a burka, like bombs, guns, and how easy would it be to shop lift? What about personal safety issues, for example a woman visiting Haarlem got her head dress caught on a playground and almost choked herself, and of course the Muslims blamed the playground, criticizing the playground for a lack safety and supervision. There have also been several crimes committed by men and women wearing burka’s in various countries."

Source

A lot more countries are banning burkas then just France, and I can see why from the security standpoint.

I don't have a source to back it up, so bear with me.

One of the local news stations in my area was asking people on the street their feelings on burka bans.

One response was, "if they don't ban it, I will wear a burka and refuse any attempts to identify myself"

Not the most thoughtful statement to make on tv, but it did raise a good point about the security issues surrounding burkas.

So far in Canada, to my knowledge, as long as the wearer id's themselves (visually) when asked, nobody actually stops them from wearing the burka.

Maybe that will happen in France too?

As for the Roma...well until all my stuff is retured from a trip to Germany in 1996, I will harbour some serious ill will to them. And, yes, this specific "tribe" was very much the stereotypical thieves, murderers, etc. We were even advised by the Canadian Consulate to leave the area while the Roma were there, after I reported the crime, as opposed to trying to get the German police to get my stuff. (Roma pricks were wearing my damn jacket around...like nobodies going to notice the big effin maple leaf on it.)

edit on 15-9-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

like i give a damn about you or your opinion of me.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Dark memories of the Vichy Republic (occupied France) during the Second World War. The puppet government expelled numerous minorities out of France - including the Roma community. France has numerous internal problems, especially economic, and this is nothing but vicarious punishment on two minorities, who are being used as scapegoats.

The French government is drifting slowly to the right, and in the process, are legitimising racial stereotypes and generalisations. One needs to only study Italy to see what happens when contemporary government plays the populist card on immigration - immigrants are routinely persecuted in the Italian Republic.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well if any person from any race or nationality moves illegally into a country they should be sent back to their country of origin, full stop.

"They have the right to enter France without a visa but must have work or residency permits to settle over the long-term." www.bbc.co.uk...

As, at the very least from, my understanding from the Roma's here in Belfast, they don't work in proper jobs, but they beg by day and sell plastic roses by night. But I may be wrong with that statement. However, they would not be able to secure a work permit or a residency permit if they do the same in France. Which would be enough for them to be deemed illegal immigrants and result in their deportation.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How can a freedom lover support either? Saying veils are disallowed because criminals might use them is encroaching upon the freedom of people who want to wear them for religious reasons. Sherlock Holmes already covered why Roma dispatching is bigoted.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am not sure what this thread is about. The ban of burqas and the expulsion of illegal Romas are two large issues and they deserve seperate topics. So I guess the thread is about... giving opinions about France. I might be off topic and I apologize in that case.

I see stereotypes as a display of ignorance. We want stakes, simplifications and generalizations to give us a first 'understanding' of something we don't know about. We need certainties, the unknown is unbearable and insecure.
We feel secure our 'understanding' is commonly shared. Hell, we don't want to be challenged by the majority about something we don't really know about, it could lead to an embarrassing situation for us. So let's all stick to generalizations easily summarized in a few words, Gypsies are thieves, French are arrogant, Americans are stupid.

The ban of burqas and the expulsion of Romas are very politically tainted issues so in my opinion viewing them as social or moral issue is a mistake. Reading 2 or 3 articles in the press won't necessarily help comprehend a topic without knowledge of the political and social backgrounds.
The long years I have passed trying to explain to non-Americans that no, not all Americans think alike and no they are not all Bush worshipers have exhausted me so I will pass on this hilarious presumption in our divided societies that because the French governement is doing this or that, the French are like this or that.
The expulsion of Romas is highly divisive in France with a very noticeable fracture between the left and the right. The ban of burqas is more consensual.

I am out of energy so I will lazily link to a previous post I wrote about the expulsion of Romas (that I am opposed to) with my subjective views and a few facts.

In regards to the burqas' ban, it's inaccurate to equate the use of burqas and the Islamic faith. The burqa is a tradition still existing in a few sects of Islam but rejected by the majority of muslims. It doesn't invalidate the questions around individual rights but the angle that it's a discrimination against muslims as a whole is an inflammatory spin used by radicals and sadly forwarded by benevolent and candid non-muslims.
Here's an interview of Hassem Chalghoumi, Imam of Drancy in Paris neighborhood, I am sorry it's not in english but it's interesting and today's news. He says 'The burqa is a phenomenom alien to the Coran, alien to Maghreb's Islam, alien to the Islam with nothing to hide, alien to Enlightned Islam'.
He has had his house 'visited', has received death threats and once was attacked in Drancy's mosque by extreme radicals for his moderate stance.
The majority of French muslims are of Maghrebi origins (Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia), most are French of 2nd, 3rd generation with cultural differences and practices from the Persian Gulf where the burqa is more common.
And another article in english from last year about Fadela Amara declarations, she is a French minister. She strongly supports a burqa ban. I don't know what is her faith but she is obviously not a practicing muslim. I am not pretending she is a voice of Islam, she is the opposite to Hassem Chalghoumi but she is representative of a part of French 'cultural' muslims.
I am trying to show the breakline here is not between muslims/non-muslims but rather moderates/radicals and radicals on both sides are trying to use the issue to their own advantage by antagonizing muslims and non-muslims.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by raivo

like i give a damn about you or your opinion of me.

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't have replied.

Thank you, I'm flattered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join