It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France says full-face veils and gypsies out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Firstly, most of the Roma are not being deported in the legal sense of the word. They are being given a financial incentive to leave voluntarily. Trust me, they will be back. It is difficult for any "civilized" society to accept the Roma way of life which is not a settled in one place type of life. The Roma, despite stereotypes to the contrary, are an honourable, morally upright people. Yes, they are different with a different culture to what most of the "west" is used to. They live amongst you but they refrain from living like you. They are some of the freest people, in my opinion, on this planet.

I am, like the poster mentioned above half Romani. My mother married outside of the "family" and moved to America when I was a babe. It wasn't until I was an adult and moved back to Europe that I got to know my people. It wasn't until I lived among them that I realized the stereotypes are just that, stereotypes.

Amongst the Roma, France's actions are being laughed at, they are being given money to do what they normally do, travel with the seasons, move to where the work is...Ach.."dash a buur!" they would say...

As for the veils...well. It should be illegal for a woman to be forced to wear a veil. However if she chooses to wear one, she should be allowed to make that choice without government interference.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Okay, so we are saying that the Roma gyps are crims?

All of them?

What about the kids and the babies?

In that case, go away gypsies!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

TheLoneArcher,

I agree that the gypsies-issue is a whole other discussion all together. But as for banning full-face veils...

I think I can safely say that, during my 7 years living in Toulouse, I have only ever seen 2 full face veils.

I believe Belgium was passing/ has passed a similar law, effectively only applying to some 12 women in the entire country!!!

Nonetheless, 12 women who now are out of reach of anybody trying to empower these women with the knowledge that they have the right to stand up against this religion that demands them to be so submissive!!

Locked away behind the closed doors of their own home......

Yep, seems like a good idea!!

Peace

edit on 15-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Actually, here, in the South West region of France, we do not really perceive a Roma problem. We have a problem with travellers that the French call (no please excuse my spelling here) Digains prounounced "digans".
They set up camp wherever they like, even on sports fields and back gardens. The make a mess, rob the local area and move on, leaving all their crap behind them. They are more numerous near Perpignon and are at present engaged in an inter-family war.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Want some exemples ?
Roms are used to steal in shops and shout for racism when caught
they recently raped a student inside Berlin ( i dont even count how many students been recently raped)
A guy i know got stabbed 7 times for his cellphone
a Rom stole a car with his friend, kidnapped a student near the universityn then raped her for 4 days
Been attacked myself for a cellphone
another i got attacked for a cigarette, so i defended myself,broke the rom's arm, so guess what, the polizei listened to me and told me he was sorry for me but i gonna get in trouble for defending myself

Another day in the newspaper, an elderly woman got her throat sliced for her purse

want more ?

and im only talking about the roms

edit on 15-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
My sister's husband's mother use to tell me stories about the gypsies.

When they came to town, people would have to really watch their animals and other possessions very closely.

The gypsies would steal anything not nailed down.

My friend's mother's auntie's cousin's friend, used to tell me stories about the blacks.

When they came to town, people would have to really watch their animals and other possessions very closely.

The blacks would steal anything not nailed down.

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Normally while I am not in agreement with persecuting any group, Grandma as I fondly called her said the gypsies were a real gang like bunch of thieves. They refused to work and would steal and murder in order to survive. They were very lawless, lazy and ruthless bunch.

Normally while I am not in agreement with persecuting any group, my friend's mother's auntie's cousin's friend said that black people were a real gang like bunch of thieves. They refused to work and would steal and murder in order to survive. They were very lawless, lazy and ruthless bunch.

Not my own views, but I thought I'd perpetuate a 50-year-old stereotype that my friend's mother's auntie's cousin's friend told me.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ugh! What good points do these people have, if any?

If they have no good points, let's exterminate them! (Not really).

But you have to ask yourself - if these people are all evil...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
What is it about the French?

They are arrogant.

They always think they are right.

Sorry, if there are any French people here who do not think that.

No, French people are just French.

If they display any particular traits, then that is almost entirely down to the society they are brought up in, and live in.

France is a beautiful country, with great people. Let's not let the attitudes of some small-minded folk ruin the reputation of the vast majority of decent people that live in that country.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: Clarification.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If they have no good points, let's exterminate them! (Not really).

I dont want to exterminate thems , i want thems to go AWAY from my country !!
what would say if me and my friends came to your house, stab your friends,burn your car and rape your family members and only get a slap on the wrist by the police ?
what would you do or say ?
That how we feel, like the Frenchies, we feel powerless because some retards dont live with thems every days, so they dont really know what happen, except from what they can see or read in the news

they abuse peoples generosity, they know very well if they're caught they just have to act like poor victims persecuted by the "white man" and they gonna get instantly washed from crimes and supported by the left wings party "oooh poor roms, alway persecuted, horrible racism, they have nowhere to go, poor poor peoples"

Hypocrits , blinds and liars, that what we have in Germany, come to my district in Berlin, and i can tell you, after 3 weeks with the roms, the only thing you're dreaming abou is a submachine gun to make thems go away

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
German here, In germany we have the same problems with Roms, they kill, rape, begs , steal, attack peoples and most of thems are not goin to jail because they're too young for it and they know it, so they are left free

If you want thems, we can send thems to you, let see what you gonna say once they stole your car, beated your daughter and stole your son's ipod

I have the right to walk peacefuly in MY city without getting robbed , is that a crime, is that some racism ?

Briton here, In Britain we have the same problems with blacks, they kill, rape, begs , steal, attack peoples and most of thems are not goin to jail because they're too young for it and they know it, so they are left free

If you want thems, we can send thems to you, let see what you gonna say once they stole your car, beated your daughter and stole your son's ipod

I have the right to walk peacefuly in MY city without getting robbed , is that a crime, is that some racism ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

Now, can people not see why the discrimination against Roma is so bad ?

People can throw around accusations and stereotypes with impunity, in regards to a diverse group of people, all because the ethnic group involved is ''OK'' to stereotype, and be prejudiced against.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Great post, Merigold.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A say GOOD, not because I have some phobia against people in veils, but because the whole point of immigrating is to live within a new country, to do as they do. Like that old saying goes, "Do as the Romans do".

When I came to America in the early/mid 80's, we learned English. We didn't go and expect everyone we needed to talk to, to learn Norwegian. Same thing for these people.

Go France! Maybe other E.U. countries will have the balls to stand up for themselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yes, France is a beautiful country. I am not talking about the countryside.

But the people are arrogant - no pc here.

Go to Paris and try to talk in french - you get arrogance, even if you did french at university.

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

People can throw around accusations and stereotypes

Instead of playing the white-knight, come where i live and ask around, talk with the victims, and see if its a stereotype, live in the area as us are doing.

link   
my honest opinion is that gypsies are the biggest scum on earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Want some exemples ?
Blacks are used to steal in shops and shout for racism when caught
they recently raped a student inside Berlin ( i dont even count how many students been recently raped)
A guy i know got stabbed 7 times for his cellphone
a black stole a car with his friend, kidnapped a student near the universityn then raped her for 4 days
Been attacked myself for a cellphone
another i got attacked for a cigarette, so i defended myself,broke the black's arm, so guess what, the polizei listened to me and told me he was sorry for me but i gonna get in trouble for defending myself

Another day in the newspaper, an elderly woman got her throat sliced for her purse

want more ?

and im only talking about the blacks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Just by changing one word, I hope that ''gypsy haters'' will see how illogical their prejudiced, and discriminatory, attitudes are.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Just by changing one word, I hope that ''gypsy haters'' will see how illogical their prejudiced, and discriminatory, attitudes are.

The day you decide to see it by yourself you may be gonna be able to talk about it
and yes , i do hate them,not because they're roms,but because they're acting without any punishments

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
France here, In France we had the same problems with English, they killed, raped, begged , stole, attacked peoples and most of thems are not goin to jail because they killed all the French soldiers for it and they know it, so they are left free. They took our castles and killed all our knights at Azincourt.

Naughty Englishmen.

If you want thems, we can send thems to you, let see what you gonna say once they stole your car, beated your daughter and stole your son's ipod.

In fact, I think the thread is getting bogged down in racist BS.

I am sorry for the German guy to have had problems. I lived and worked in Munich and Ingolstadt, where the majority of the foreigners were Turks. Of course there were problems but hey, all races cause problems for each other.

edit on 15/9/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am pleased that France has banned the hijab, it is totally alien to our way of life, and is to boot a security risk.

When we go to Muslim countries we have to respect the religious traditions and the laws of those countries. Alcohol is forbidden, women have to cover themselves, etc. I think that is the right thing to do.

By the same token, when Muslims are in non-Muslim countries they too should respect our religious traditions and our laws.

I believe in the proverb, 'When in Rome, do as the Romans', and it's a two way street.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
Instead of playing the white-knight, come where i live and ask around, talk with the victims, and see if its a stereotype, live in the area as us are doing.

In an area not too far from me, crimes take place at an alarming regularity.

However, the bad area that I speak of is 95% white, so let's blame the ''whites'' as a whole, for these crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join