It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who receives the interest payment on the US debt?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I will believe you if you can provide some sort of proof otherwise it is personal truth and not fact. And just like my name personal truth is subjective the facts are not.

I have heard other explanations and they could be just as much fact as yours. I mean no offense to you and I appreciate your input so dont get me wrong I am not trying to argue or discredit your opinion in any way.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It is confusing to say the least. You would think 100's of billions of dollars would have to be on someone's books.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by airspoon

So far I have 3 different answers one is the banks and the other is the treasury holders and yours is the treasury itself I am confused to say the least.

If anyone has a link to settle this I would love to see it.

Subjectivetruth, it 's so confusing because it's each of those and then some. We citizens of the world have to pay our dues and then some.

And finally there is no ONE single LINK that will end your confusion.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I searched for awhile and I could only find the question not the answer. I think it is has to do with the treasury bonds but I am not sure. I am not a expert as you can probably tell. I would just like a simple answer, even I could understand.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I will believe you if you can provide some sort of proof otherwise it is personal truth and not fact. And just like my name personal truth is subjective the facts are not.

I have heard other explanations and they could be just as much fact as yours. I mean no offense to you and I appreciate your input so dont get me wrong I am not trying to argue or discredit your opinion in any way.

Well think about it for yourself -

You don't sell a loaf of bread for the same price you get the ingredients for, right?

When banks want to expand or make more money, they make the money in a literal way.

I.E

Mortgage

They loan $1000

and get $2000 in return, but it takes a while to get the $1000 they loaned you back-

so inorder to keep loaning more money they get "loans" from the Fed and they use the money of their customers-

That is their reserve-

The thing is they can loan more than they have because their money is just concept - because they loaned you
money , they still have depositors money, but because their money is on the books it is hard to tell what is what.

This is what caused the crisis within the bank system, they insured this risk and sold it further.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying.
But it does not answer the question who gets the money a would love a link if you could provide me with one to read. And you believe it is getting funneled and washed in the federal reserve?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It is confusing to say the least. You would think 100's of billions of dollars would have to be on someone's books.

It is constantly moving around, half of it is projected profit, some is sold as risk on the stock markets.

That is what free marketeers believe, the interaction of all this money will take care of itself, again the best way to describe the "book" we use.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

It is constantly moving around, half of it is projected profit, some is sold as risk on the stock markets.

That is what free marketeers believe, the interaction of all this money will take care of itself, again the best way to describe the "book" we use.

Cold you provide me with a link to back this up.
I am not saying I dont believe you I just want some proof. A news article or anything would be great. I couldn't find a single thing on the internet to answer the question that is why I posted this thread. ATS always thinks outside the box.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying.
But it does not answer the question who gets the money a would love a link if you could provide me with one to read. And you believe it is getting funneled and washed in the federal reserve?

Sorry I don't have a link, I am going on what I have learned throughout life... I am answering to best of my knowledge - If I am wrong it is in interpretation, the effect is a cycle that is most correct part of my description.

The money gets inflated, the fed is the beginning and the end.

Lets say I loan you 10

You pay me 20 - 10 I loaned you +10 interest

I have created 10 extra right?

I took your money, but you were willing to give me 20 for 10

the fed would be the person who loaned me the ten I sold to you for ten

edit on 15-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying but it is a personal opinion not proof. We would have to see there books to make your case and that could very well be the reason they will not open them. I do appreciate your input you make a strong case. And it could very well be fact.

Also if you find any links to back what you are saying up I would love to read them.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I'm no bean counter thats for sure...but I like the way you put the question....where does it go ..really??
We'll never know for sure, I'm still all mad at the guy that won a lottery 5 years ago oe=r so.."Ithink in TX" something like 349million......long story short is he kept 200k or so for himself and donated the rest to the national debt.....to his suprise and "he was very upset" his payment made the interest payment for almost 22 seconds.
Not sure if he thought he was saving the world or just was not smart enough to actually understand how BIG the debt really was.....22 seconds...LOL

ETA spellin

edit on 15-9-2010 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying but it is a personal opinion not proof. We would have to see there books to make your case and that could very well be the reason they will not open them. I do appreciate your input you make a strong case. And it could very well be fact.

Also if you find any links to back what you are saying up I would love to read them.

Well read about

Keynes,

Interest

capital reserve,

simple economics,

Supply Demand

once you learn about these a bigger picture will evolve

Just google each one and read a few diverse sources, it will take a little work but it is not laid out in one place
besides a specialized economic book,

if it is - link me up!

edit on 15-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Hi Doc thanks for posting in my thread. It really is such a simple question. The answer is the hard part. Many ideas but not a single fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wiki is close to what I know

en.wikipedia.org...

The Federal Reserve sets monetary policy by influencing the Federal Funds rate, which is the rate of interbank lending of excess reserves. The rate that banks charge each other for these loans is determined by the markets but the Federal Reserve influences this rate through the three "tools" of monetary policy described in the Tools section below.

There are three main tools of monetary policy that the Federal Reserve uses to influence the amount of reserves in private banks:[81]
Tool Description

open market operations purchases and sales of U.S. Treasury and federal agency securities—the Federal Reserve's principal tool for implementing monetary policy. The Federal Reserve's objective for open market operations has varied over the years. During the 1980s, the focus gradually shifted toward attaining a specified level of the federal funds rate (the rate that banks charge each other for overnight loans of federal funds, which are the reserves held by banks at the Fed), a process that was largely complete by the end of the decade.[85]

discount rate the interest rate charged to commercial banks and other depository institutions on loans they receive from their regional Federal Reserve Bank's lending facility—the discount window.[86]

reserve requirements the amount of funds that a depository institution must hold in reserve against specified deposit liabilities.[87]

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

It really doesnt say anything about the interest on the national debt. I understand it is a tough question and it might not even have a answer. Thank you for posting it. The more information the better.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Subjective Truth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

ST.

I answered the question right off the bat, in the first comment.

Do you have any treasuries or bonds from the federal government? If you do, you get the interest payments.

Whomever holds any of those type treasuries, are the ones that get the interest payments.

I thought you had caught that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The problem with trying to trace the money is in how the Fed Res was set up, by whom and why. The system started way before 1913 and the Federal Reserve act. Our part in the scheme actually started around 1776 with King George being made archtreasurer for the new country known as The USA. The international banking cartel had already been set up and we were plugged into it at the signing of the treaty between the Colonies and British Empire.

In 1913 the new Fed Res took over the money and paying of the debt. However the Fed Res is nothing more than a front company for the international banking cartel that holds the actual debt. Its like a magic box, money goes in and is never seen again and money comes out that never exisited with an intrest due that was never owed. You can never pay the debt as the money you use to do so never exisited plus it has interest added. I'm not sure if I'm making it clear enough. The bottom line is we are all fornicated puppies and there is nothing we can do about it.

The US gov went into recevership under Abe Lincolin then again with FDR and Nixion. The good old Fed Res was there to help us out ever since 1913. So in the end where does the money go and who gets it, start at the Rothshelds and the other heads of the international banking cartel. Sorry for it only being bits and pieces but to really map it out would require a very long reply.

edit on 9/15/2010 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/15/2010 by pstrron because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's pretty simple really. The Treasury sells bonds to whoever wants to buy them (they basically are borrowing the money by saying we'll pay x% interest if you buy this piece of paper). So the interest on the national debt is that payment by the US Treasury to it's bond holders. Hedge funds, banks, pension funds, individual investors, foreign investors, foreign countries.. they all can buy the bonds and get the interest payments.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I started thinking about this who actually gets the money? Is it China or the federal reserve? I have no idea.

Were talking 100's of billions every year were does this money go?

edit on 15-9-2010 by Subjective Truth because: Spelling

thats easy.

red shield.

but thats just my opinion.............

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I would have never guessed that the people of ats were so miss-informed about the fed!!!! Its shocking,we got work to do here I see. I'm off to work but I'll return and dig up what info I have. Lets start here but it goes much deeper.

Theres twelve parts to this video it essential you watch it all as a good primer.

en.wikipedia.org...
Thus the Federal Reserve has both private and public aspects.[11] The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.[12]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join