It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
just wondering if all of the civilizations that had large stone carvings and large temples had something in common(other than fertile soil). like they all had mining of precious metals or gems or the reason the temples and stone were so big because they were built in earthquake zones.??? just wondering

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I wrote in the OP how I was going to focus on the less known sites of South America. You're absolutely right though that location is very fascinating. I believe the site is much older than is perceived. It deserves it's own well researched thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I rarely post but just want to say this is a post that exemplifies why I dig ATS. I know a bunch of threads are a waste of time but I thoroughly enjoyed your threads. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to make a great thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I could be wrong...
aren't these carvings a depiction of the philistine god dagon?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamsnatcher

Hey thank you for the kind words.

I have enjoyed this topic ever since I was a child. Growing up I read everything I could get my hands on both fact based as well as some of the more fringe theories. Ancient man has always fascinated me. I just thought I would share my twist on human history. I'm glad to see that other share the same interests even if we do not all agree on the procession of events.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

One last thing...The annunaki are suppose to
be reptilian in appearance.

edit on 16-9-2010 by mamabeth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The bag is quite clearly a spice bag.

It's from Santorini, or Thera, or Akrotiri.

The most E X P E N S I V E spice in the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e032b12cfaf3.png[/atsimg]

Saffron stemma

Saffron is available in most grocery stores in a tiny bottle
for about 40+ dollars, and it is mildly narcotic, and red to golden.
Possibly it's the lotus from the Greek story of the island of the lotus eaters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/258007457444.png[/atsimg]

Here is a pre Minoan girl harvesting crocuses, or saffron stemma.
Even though we can't see it, she is holding the same bag.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63b0bda0d964.png[/atsimg]

This stuff is more expensive
and labor intensive than anything.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cc9d2057504.png[/atsimg]

At the ruins in Thera
the wall paintings are
spectacular, but did you
know they are painted in saffron?

fun little web page about it
3quarksdaily.blogs.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d512012cb98c.png[/atsimg]

Notice the serpent behind the guys head is
similar to a boat prow, and he seems to
be sitting in a stern house.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc91e6e292c0.png[/atsimg]

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crash override
just wondering if all of the civilizations that had large stone carvings and large temples had something in common(other than fertile soil). like they all had mining of precious metals or gems or the reason the temples and stone were so big because they were built in earthquake zones.??? just wondering

Ahh yes.

Why would civilizations develop where they have?

I thought of something similar. There could be a plethora of reasons.
I think the videos about Caral answered some of those questions.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

ALOHA

thanks for the comment

Yata No Kagami - The Sacred Mirror
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/029b8d9d66e0.jpg[/atsimg]

does have a striking resemblance to...

The Eye of Kanaloa
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be9c2b757f0c.jpg[/atsimg]

The Name
In the mythology of old Hawaii, Kanaloa was the god of the ocean, a healer god, and the close companion of Kane, the god of creation. They would journey together, share the sacred drink of 'awa, and use their staves to strike the ground and cause springs of fresh water to burst forth. Rare statues of Kanaloa feature him with round eyes, unlike those of any other representations of the gods. According to a Kauai tradition, if you could look into the eye of Kanaloa you would see the pattern above . In the Hawaiian language, "kanaloa" is also used as a word that means "a sea shell; the young stage of a certain fish; an alternate name for Kaho'olawe Island; and secure, firm, immovable, established, unconquerable." A root translation of the word, ka-na-loa, means "the great peace, or the great stillness." The word also has the connotation of total confidence. In the esoteric tradition of Huna Kupua, Kanaloa represents the Core Self, or the center of the universe within oneself.

The Pattern
As a whole, the pattern represents the Aka Web, or The Web of Life, the symbolic connection of all things to each other. In this aspect, the star at the center is the spider/shaman, or the individual who is aware of being the weaver of his or her own life, a dreamweaver.

In another aspect, the eight lines represent "mana", or spiritual power, because another meaning of "mana" is "branching lines" and the number eight in Hawaiian tradition is symbolic of great power. The four circles represent "aloha", or love, because the "lei" or garland, a symbol of love, is circular and is used figuratively in Hawaiian to mean a circle (as in "Hanalei - Circular bay"), and because the word "ha" is a part of the word "aloha" and also means "life" and the number four. Together the circles and lines represent the harmony of Love and Power as an ideal to develop.

The star pattern is composed of a dot in the center representing the Aumakua, or Higher Self; a ring representing Lono, or the Mental Self; the seven limbs of the star representing the Seven Principles of Huna; and the ring around the star representing Ku, the Physical or Subconscious Self. One point of the star is always down, aligned with a straight line of the web, representing the connection of the inner with the outer.
Hawaiian Huna - Eye of Kanaloa

does show minor similarity with the two island cultures - perhaps we will see more

∞LOVE∞

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Thanks for sharing!

In addition to ancient civilizations around the Earth sharing similar iconic art and construction, possibly originating from a parent culture...
cultural icons historically share similar characteristics, possibly originating from a parent archetype!

∞LOVE∞

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Excellent piece, SLAYER69. Very well put together without being sensationalistic. I am still digesting what I have read and seen, and also love your video presentations. If my classes were as entertaining as this, I would have done much better.

Thank you for putting this together and if I could applaud you I would. Your hard work is appreciated here.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for the reply as always very interesting.

I have been in search of and so far have failed miserably to find an accurate representation of how the Earth looked at the height of the last Ice age. I'm after one that not only shows the size of the ice cap of the Northern hemisphere but one which also shows the lower sea levels represented as well as how much Snow/Ice accumulated in other parts of the globe such as Antarctica, Africa and South America.

Check out the history Channel I watched a program yesterday about the ice caps during the last Glaciel Phase.
"how The Earth Was Made" I think or something to that effect. It had graphics for the NA ice packs and the state of play before during and after the last Ice Age......

Just to clarify, I beleive in the lost civilsations not their titles, they are names given by the conveyor (Bards) to capture his audiences interest...See how it works Slayer
Plato was no fool. Atlantis such a power word.

Looking forward to the 3rd Installment.......

edit on 16-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

ps found this if it helps NA Ice Sheets etc especially the animations...the before and after.
jesse.usra.edu...

edit on 16-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: editing

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Hey thanks I do appreciate it.

I'm grateful to find many here at ATS with similar interests.
A well developed thread is what brought me to ATS in the first place.
I'm just trying to pay it forward.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What I have consistently noticed is that the origins of these ancient lost civilizations are always unknown, and it is believed that the people who started those civilizations brought their technology from elsewhere. The idea that most of these ancient cultures developed in areas that are now under water, I think, is a very solid concept.

While the west coast of South America has a very tiny continental shelf, the East coast of SA has a very large continental shelf. However another point to note is that it seems that all of these civilizations developed in desert, or semi-desert areas, where sophisticated water control systems needed to be developed.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
While the west coast of South America has a very tiny continental shelf, the East coast of SA has a very large continental shelf

You're right about that. I have some reference material regarding that. I'll post some of what I found regarding the Atlantic side later. I'm working at the moment. Well you know what I mean.

edit on 16-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
While the west coast of South America has a very tiny continental shelf, the East coast of SA has a very large continental shelf

You're right about that. I have some reference material regarding that. I'll post some of what I found regarding the Atlantic side later. I'm working at the moment. Well you know what I mean.

edit on 16-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because:

Hey slayer, I have a few sites that show what certain coasts looked like at the height of the last Ice Age 20,000 years ago. It shows the lowering of the oceans by 400 feet around these coasts. Also that bag which is part of the carving with a snake looking over the man and it's resemblence to the Sumerians gods the Annunaki, is amazing. But I'm starting to think that for the Sumerians it was depicted so much because they used it for their remedies and Magical potions (just wiki saffron and you will see). Slayer if you expand on both your chapters and even the third, you could have a book on your hands.

www.pbs.org...

answers.google.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Great thread,Slayer S&F for you!
I do have an interest in the Olmecs for years now.I have always wondered about the sunken lands such as Mu and Atlantis and the rest.Thanks for the pm about this thread I missed the last one!!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
... To me it sounds more like a idealized romanticized version of the Roman Empire....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Maybe someone already caught this but Plato came BEFORE the Roman Empire. So he couldn't have been "romanticizing" it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Pretty amazing stuff, and very well laid out.
I always ask myself 'how would stuff survive a global catastrophe?'
How much would remain and be even remotely useable after thousands and thousands of years?
Whether from our ancient past or even our techno world we live in now.
How much would be recoverable to truly reveal our past?
I dont think we are as new as some say, and I believe that we may in fact be repeating our past.
Anyway Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

As always it's great to have you chime in.

I agree there is no single location known as "Atlantis or MU or even Lemuria." The thrust of these threads is to consider whether or not there were ancient coastal civilizations which may have either perished or driven inland as the sea levels rose. I named them with this title to capture peoples imagination and create interest. I dispelled the whole "Atlantis Lemuria" claim in the first few paragraphs in Part-1.

There are however some who think these threads are out to prove that a single location existed.
If this is true then I have failed in my attempt to bring to the fore a slightly different angle on the accepted norm.

Yeah, I got your intent on the part 1 thread.

However, note some of the posts in this thread on the subject and you see what I mean.

Also, it's ironic to me that you would phrase it as "a slightly different angle on the accepted norm." I guess you mean the accepted norm at ATS.

Whatta norm!

Anyway, you certainly put your time and effort in here at ATS, and for that I'm grateful.

It could have been Spacevisitor.

Harte

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join