It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired NORAD Officer Predicts a Worldwide UFO Display on October 13, 2010

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
1830 here In TX & nothing yet.

2nd Line.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
I predict the world will end today...or maybe in 2 trillion of years.

very accurate isn't it?

ahahah good one

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zorgon

Question:

"Did people actually commit suicide when the War of the Worlds radio broadcast came out because they thought that this was actually happening?"

An Answer

(by anonymous on January 14th, 2007)

No, the newspapers overexaggerated the situation. People did try to leave cities, hide, and arm themselves though. The way the story was told made it seem like a real broadcast, there were news bulletins, poeple who played experts, and witnesses who spoke on the broadcast.

www.answerbag.com...

"Read more: Did people actually commit suicide when the War of the Worlds radio broadcast came out because they thought that this was actually happening?" | Answerbag www.answerbag.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't help it, I was ignorant of the exact details of the events of that evening, RE: "suicides", so I had to check for myself, veracity of such claims.

I like to start with the facts, before proceeding to alter them....

Oh, and a second source:

Some researchers now doubt the estimate of nearly one million hysterical listeners. And early reports of deaths from stampedes, traffic deaths, and suicides were false. Nevertheless, many were clearly frightened.

www.livescience.com...

However, there's no telling how people TODAY might respond.....not from what we sometimes see; some people are capable of reacting in very strange and off-the-wall ways......
edit on 13 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: Note, source.

Since there seems to be a lack of evidence of suicide, I have to agree for that reason. The broadcast repeatedly emphasised it was a drama throughout. Probably the first of it's kind. What do you think of this story, just released in explanation on the strange pic we have seen recently of a comet-like structure with an X-shaped head?

asia.news.yahoo.com...
It's interesting, is it a cover story for this day? speculation is rife, when you see stories that even the trapped miners come into the same kind of category,

Link to larger image,

www.wnd.com...
edit on 13-10-2010 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sorry guess I do not know why I read these UFO posts, maybe for the entertainment value but I am sure some will agree this desclosure thing is just all hype and wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Since there seems to be a lack of evidence of suicide, I have to agree for that reason.

Well that is how history is edited... The suicides have been washed out of the history books, played up to Sensationalism by the press... but they were reported. Sometimes I wish I had saved many old reports from 30 years ago. But who would think?

In Toronto many people commit suicide by subway.. but it's never put in the paper... wouldn't want anyone else to get the idea, now would we?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyStrawMan
Sorry guess I do not know why I read these UFO posts, maybe for the entertainment value but I am sure some will agree this desclosure thing is just all hype and wishful thinking.

The same reason we all do
1) You have no life and are bored
2) Nothing better in threads lately (My Elephant UFO was moved to Jokes
)
3) You hope that maybe, just maybe , this time its a good one

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Zorgon that made me laugh actually was a very well done video. Well disclosure hasnt come for us in the UK but the 13th is now a very special day to me, which is totally non related to UFOs but very odd it happened on this day.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by MyStrawMan

The same reason we all do
1) You have no life and are bored
2) Nothing better in threads lately (My Elephant UFO was moved to Jokes
)
3) You hope that maybe, just maybe , this time its a good one

Did you create that CGI of the elephant?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Since there seems to be a lack of evidence of suicide, I have to agree for that reason.

Well that is how history is edited... The suicides have been washed out of the history books, played up to Sensationalism by the press... but they were reported. Sometimes I wish I had saved many old reports from 30 years ago. But who would think?

In Toronto many people commit suicide by subway.. but it's never put in the paper... wouldn't want anyone else to get the idea, now would we?

It was reported, no doubt, but you have to take all things into account. What happened with war of the worlds was that it was recorded, so we can all listen, but only in a kind of retrospect.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
Did you create that CGI of the elephant?

No I WISH

It was reported, no doubt, but you have to take all things into account.

Yes it was announced that it was a theatrical production BUT it was timed in such a way that listeners would be n a rival station then when that popular show ended would switch to this station as a secondary and thus miss the beginning announcement

But heck your welcome to believe your version. The Brookings Report commissioned by NASA however was based on that reaction to the radio broadcast

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

UFO Fleet over NYC Oct. 13, 2010,
Have you guys seen this?

www.youtube.com...

www.myfoxny.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
yeah i came to post those same videos lol
i wonder why the news people didn't get on their helicopters
and try to get a closer look:/

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Balloons. Here the ATS topic with pics.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I knew somebody would post something like that and try and cause a little unrest.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Look at all you crap talkers on here, and it would seem that you guys could very well be wrong! Oh man it's almost better than the actual discovery of aliens to see you "debunkers" eat your words!

Of course this probably still ain't good enough and you'll be denying it as they land in your yards lol.

Anyway, at this link as well as some other I've posted in the twitter thread, there are reports and video of aliens from all over the globe today.

Here's a great link with lots of different media from around the world, including a missing town in China related to the possible ufo sightings:

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

You may enjoy this video:

*hint* watch AJs papers

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well.....this prediction was certainly a lot more exciting and eventful compared to Blossom Goodchilds

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Hey there. Ok. I'll bite. I'm halfway through and staring at the papers. What am I looking for? Did I miss it? It is late lol..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
New breaking news on UFO activity from Australia and Moscow,

here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Keep watching
Its in the last quarter.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join