It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO or the Secret XOV-BlackStar Spaceplane ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
According to ex-Mufon director James Carrion a Triangle UFO or Secret Space plane was sighted and photographed by a man vacationing in California, August 2007 (Mufon case #7862) the witness (name unknown) said it "slowed to a standstill" and was not the F-117 or a B-2 Stealth bomber. the Mufon investigator that took on this case works in the defense industry for a Aerospace contractor (imagine that) and he "immediately recognized the object" as a classified military space vehicle named the "XOV-BlackStar"

picture taken by witness

uncropped image:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

link to Microsoft power point document

I was recently on vacation at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New Hogan Lake. One August afternoon I was floating in my boat just enjoying the afternoon sky when something caught my eye. It was some type of aircraft, most likely military. It was wedge-shaped in appearance from what I saw. I was unable to tell its size or altitude. I am 60% deaf so I did not hear any sound, but when a commercial jet does over fly that lake, if I am floating with engine off and no boats are making noise, I can just barely hear the engines. The picture was taken with a digital Kodak Easy Share camera.
The aircraft slowed to a stand still, made a few barrel rolls, accelerated to a speed about the same as when you see an airliner overhead. I was unable to guess its altitude, but I think it was greater than 10,000 feet. It was not an F-117 or B-2. No exhaust was visible. I only took one photo, I only observed it for about 5 minutes, to me it was un remarkable, I have seen many military craft like the Boeing Bird of Prey. I only now decided to report it because I was flicking through my vacation pictures and remembered about the day I saw the UFO. Now I use the term UFO, as it should be, this aircraft to me was Unidentifed, UFO to me does not mean alien spaceship. I am sure this was a U.S. military craft.

Mufo n case# 7862

this case was presented in this video towards the end after the 6:30 mark,

so what do the members of ATS think about this picture ?

is it a UFO ?
the secret BlackStar XOV spaceplane ?
or is this a hoax ?

supposedly the "BlackStar" program was canceled ?

Blackstar is the reported codename of a secret United States orbital spaceplane system. The possible existence of the Blackstar program was reported in March 2006 by Aviation Week & Space Technology (Aviation Week, AWST) magazine; the magazine reported that the program had been underway since at least the early 1990s, and that the impetus for Blackstar was to allow the United States government to retain orbital reconnaissance capabilities jeopardized following the 1986 Challenger disaster. The article also said that the United States Air Force's Space Command was unaware of Blackstar, suggesting it was operated by an intelligence agency such as the National Reconnaissance Office.

en.wikipedia.org...

Two-Stage-to-Orbit ''Blackstar'' System Shelved at Groom Lake?

aviationweek.com
www.abovetopsecret.com...

imperial cruiser ?

i tried searching Mufon for the original image but no luck, maybe somebody that has better search skills than me can find it ? www.mufon.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by easynow because: fix link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think a hell of a lot more photos would be required to identify that object conclusively. If it slowed to a standstill, there should be more imagery surely.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
looks too much like a hang glider.

not that it is, or isnt... or... you know.

but one picture like that is too easy to just say hang glider.

or chinese lanterns... (:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

Just when I was starting to think I would definitely get brain damage from another "orby blinkie" thread.....you come along with something "meaty"!

The 1st thing that jumps out at me is the flight behaviour.....slowing to a stop & accelerating.....

That's.....ahem.....not quite within the scope of the "BlackStar Spaceplane".

What do you make of that?

I wonder if it could just be parallax in that the object turned & headed towards the witness & then turned away again, thereby producing the illusion of.....slowing to a stop & accelerating.

If that was the case, the sighting would be a little easier to "deal with".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Those are great observations you make. I also highly doubt it was at anything near an altitude of 10,000 feet (2 miles) given the clarity and size of the image in the photo. Perhaps half that distance depending on the lens his camera was using.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The 1st thing that jumps out at me is the flight behaviour.....slowing to a stop & accelerating.....

That's.....ahem.....not quite within the scope of the "BlackStar Spaceplane".

What do you make of that?

so you know what the "scope" is of the XOV-BlackStar Spaceplane ?

what's your security clearance level ?

joking with you of course but why is slowing and almost stopping seem like something unachievable ?

your not going to try and tell me the covert black project world doesn't have anti gravity are you ?

The F-22 Raptor advanced stealth fighter is built by a joint effort of the Lockheed-Martin Skunk Works and Boeing’s Phantom Works. In crude imitation of extraterrestrial starcraft, the guidance system of this aircraft incorporates special Artificial Intelligence (AI), meaning that Star Visitor genetic material is incorporated into the semi-alive and autonomously-functioning guidance system mated with the aircraft. In addition the F-22 has antigravity field propulsion capability, which is exercised selectively by the pilot who is in mental connection with the AI guidance system, which activates the antigravity propulsion as needed in coordination with the F-22's conventional jet engine thrust, to effect the maneuvering of the F-22 Raptor. I have personally witnessed a F-22 stop on its tail in mid-air and dance slowly and gently about without regard for gravity’s pull.

www.drboylan.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is clearly an airplane

The black part is the tail of the plane, it has a black underbody...look closer and you will see the white wings on the front of the plane

It is facing right, not left

The statement that it stood still is just that a statement

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I'm not so sure about alien tech and mind control... but I can confirm that the F-22A CAN hover, sort of.

I was at Elmendorf AFB (home of the Raptors) in Anchorage a year or two ago during the annual air show. One of the showcases was, of course, the F-22A Raptor. Not only did they show us the awesome transformer-style hide-away weapons bay on the underside, the ability to fly super slow (around 90 knots!), ability to fly and accelerate super fast, and its impressive agility in the air... they also demonstrated its hovering ability.

I saw this with my own eyes. The plane flew in as slowly as it can, then the nose turned up so the plane was nearly vertical, and then it "leaned" to the side a little bit and then became stationary in the air as it slowly spun around an invisible vertical axis. Maybe the spinning was just for show, I dunno.

My impression was just that the F-22A has enough thrust and control to hover in a vertical position, and they keep it stable by "falling" around itself... I didn't get the impression of alien tech, however, that plane DOES seem quite "skunky". You cant even see through the canopy, so I guess there's technically no way for me to confirm that there was a human inside of it! lol

Very cool plane though, regardless.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Bit like a MiG29 doing its 'cobra' manouver then?

Oops! not quite. The F22 had to climb a couple of hundred feet, drop back down and then get going again.

I think the MiG would come out on top on manouverability but the F22 tops it on avionics.

edit on 15/9/2010 by Slippery Jim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That's a controlled stall. Aerodynamics at it's best! Love it!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

The video I posted is a bad example... he goes up, stays vertical and falls back down, but the Raptor I saw truly floated in the same spot for a while. Is that considered a controlled stall? I love aviation, but not 100% on all the terminology.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

You know.....

That thing has a weird shape.

The seeming "vertical tail plane" is extremely thick.

It looks too heavy & non-aerodynamic......it's quite odd.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

thanks and that is a good example of a Aircraft slowing or seemingly stopping.

Flux8 termed it best, "That's a controlled stall."

so it looks as if Aircraft can perform these type of maneuvers but i don't know that is what the supposed "BlackStar" reported by this witness was in fact doing. doesn't the Stealth bomber have some type of Electrogravitic Antigravity capabilities in it's wings ?

Google Search for Stealth Antigravity

That thing has a weird shape.
The seeming "vertical tail plane" is extremely thick.
It looks too heavy & non-aerodynamic......it's quite odd.

indeed it does have a weird shape

i can't decide if it's a plane or if it's something else. i used my paint program to enhance the image and the more i messed with it the more it didn't look like a plane. but i can see why some people would say it is a plane.

i see what your saying about the "vertical tail plane" is extremely thick but i am also thinking that might be an illusion and not a tail fin.it could be the backside of the craft where we would expect the engine exhaust location to be.

not a great example of what i am saying but maybe these images might help you to understand , maybe not

www.nationalufocenter.com...
www.redicecreations.com...

they do paint Aircraft skyblue for a reason, (i had better pics but can't find them right now)
www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

so i'm not sure what it is and i asked for help to find the original image so maybe we could get a better look at it.

question i have is:

if it is a plane, then is James Carrion promoting a Hoax to make money ?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

What your seeing there is a low-speed outside loop into a flat-spin. The loop is cool because it looks like they are using vectored thrust to overcome aerodynamics but overall it's relatively standard stuff.

www.youtube.com...

Wouldn't it be nice if someone could capture a UFO vid or pic as nice as that one.

T.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

so i'm not sure what it is and i asked for help to find the original image so maybe we could get a better look at it.

I have looked a few times now, run the photo through an "image find" search engine......I can't find an original photo.

I thought about it some more & recalled the book I read about the X15, wherein there was discussion regarding one X15 that was painted white for purposes of heat ablation. Here's a photo of that X15:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7318924e6d2d.jpg[/atsimg]

"X-15 No. 2, with a white ablative coating and twin external fuel tanks, drops away from NASA's B-52 carrier aircraft. The aircraft, in this configuration, set the world's speed record of 4,520 mph for winged aircraft. (NASA Photo EC68-1889)"
Link to NASA X15 Page

The similarities with your photo are interesting.

question i have is: if it is a plane, then is James Carrion promoting a Hoax to make money?

Unfortunately, some MUFON people have veered off into more dubious activities.....e.g. Gonzalez....?

UFO Crash Reported Live from California

Does Carrion have any "form" for this sort of thing?

I might do some more reading about him.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 17-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have looked a few times now, run the photo through an "image find" search engine......I can't find an original photo.

well thanks for trying i appreciate your effort

i'm wondering,

if it was just a common airplane why would Mufon remove the case info and image from their data base ? that's certainly odd wouldn't you agree ? thanks for the X15 picture, it seems paint color is important for a few different reasons and there are alot of different variations of camouflage patterns for jet aircraft.

here's a strange one farm3.static.flickr.com...

If you can be seen, you can be hit.
During the Vietnam War, USAF A-37B Dragonfly attack jets experimented with sky blue camouflage paint schemes, and it worked very well. combatreform.org...

Does Carrion have any "form" for this sort of thing?

I might do some more reading about him.

i don't know, all i know about Carrion is he turned into a rabid debunker ! LOL
and just for the record, i am not accusing him of promoting a hoax, the report might be legitimate and it might not but since Mufon has removed the case info from the public data base, i suspect there's more going on with this than meets the eye. i suppose time will tell

new topics

top topics

join