It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEA Party Candidates Claiming some major wins in GOP Primary.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Of course they are. Republicans are obstructionist. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. They know she's a LOT closer to Republican than she is Democrat, so of course they'll back her.

This differs from Democrats in what way, now? Don't your recall "Anybody but Bush?" It is extremely disingenuous to pretend that either side holds any sort of high ground in the battle for ideological purity, BH. The whole point of an election is choosing the candidate your believe matches your ideals the closest while not completely crapping down the back of your neck on the issues you disagree on. Speaking purely from the aspect of methodology and drive, is there really any difference whatsoever between the left voting for anti-Iraq war, anti-Patriot Act candidates 6 years ago and the right voting for anti-Obamacare, Anti-continuing deficit spending candidates today?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Alxandro

Getting the incumbents out of office is one thing, but what plans do these people have once they get into office?

Getting incumbents out of office is one thing, it's entirely different once they are in and actually have to work for their constituents. Do they plan to do that?

How well do you know your TEA Party Candidate?

If they change their tunes when they are in office, we will turn on them in a heart beat,and they will not get a second chance! That is what the tea party is about no more broken campaign promises,every tea party backed candidate has been looked over and meets a true conservative view,which by the way is liberal by definition,giving back your freedoms,your money,your property rights,never passing a bill they have not read for them self,no more good old boys club, the things we have dealt with for too long from the RINO's and progressive libs must end now! We are the government it is what we ask that needs to be done,not what they think we should have. Just wonder if they can not be corrupted by power, we'll just have to see! At least we know they are not in the elitist club as of now!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

What you are trying to claim is that the Tea Party decided to support Republicans in the primary just to later abandon them for some yet un-named Independent? That is what I am not following.

It's no surprise that you're not following it because I never said it.

O'Donell, the Republican with two decades in politics? How is that not "same old?"

She beat Mike Castle, the Rep with 4 decades in politics.

The TPM cannot 'manufacture' candidates with ideal qualifications.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Oh, I can tell you how I think Democrats screw up, too. I was making a comment in response to a quote about Republicans. I don't think Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same, but they are just as screwed up. I am not pretending that either holds a high ground.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

It's no surprise that you're not following it because I never said it.

Then why do you keep saying they are going to support Independents and "others?" You have said it more than a few times. O'Donell is a Republican. She is who the Tea Party is behind. She is not Independent or "other."

She beat Mike Castle, the Rep with 4 decades in politics.

The TPM cannot 'manufacture' candidates with ideal qualifications.

I know. We have gone over this. They picked one career Republican over another. Why you keep trying to claim they will be supporting Indys and "others" is where I am getting lost.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What I am saying is that they are not restricted to supporting only Republicans, even though that may be their history so far. Is it so difficult to accept that if an Indy held the same solid conservative values, that the TPM might conceivably support them? That is what my point was.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Who says we have to be looking for a new way to butter bread? Sticking to good old solid conservative principles is all we ask.

You know, this is a fair thing to desire, it is...

But many of us have seen this Conservative principle produce nothing "conservative" time and time again.

Ronald Reagan who is generally loved by conservative America was ironically the first person to give birth to this debt ridden mode of government.

So you guys need to understand we have seen this song and dance many times.

Somehow these principles in action seem to augment corporate power and make the mega rich, mega rich, mega faster.

Another problem since the get go, is that the conservative voter base pretends Bush never existed, the problem with this is the "conservative" base, likely many TPM did not have the balls or mentality to protest against
Bush's "liberalness". So what happens when the next conservatives starts blowing up crap, terrorizing the populace, invading other countries, looking the other way will industry uses the Presidents realm to rob this nation dry???

Are you guys going to $#@$@#$ wake up then? In a reasonable time, like a year, or even two???

Or are we gonna have to go thru a decade, only to have another one of these "awakenings"?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What I am saying is that they are not restricted to supporting only Republicans, even though that may be their history so far. Is it so difficult to accept that if an Indy held the same solid conservative values, that the TPM might conceivably support them? That is what my point was.

What you are saying is that they are not restricted to only supporting Republicans

but they just happen to only be supporting Republicans. Tell me where I lost you.

No, it is not difficult to accept the idea that if something else were some other way, something else could, might, or may happen. I am not going to sit around waiting for someone to come hand me a billion dollars just because it is technically possible though.

The Tea Party has proven that the only incumbents they are after are democrats.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

umm .........thats an easy question to answer, have you seen any independents or democrats with conservative and constitutional ideals running?

Nope? Not yet?

Well then thats probably the reason, hard to call people hypocrites and sling mud at them for not voting for someone else when there hasnt been anyone yet, "I" or "D" that fits the bill........

Thats like asking me if i want Chicken or Beef and then screaming at me for not picking apple pie.........well you didnt offer me Apple Pie, it wasnt an option on the table......

But the fact that the progressives and democrats in washington put so little stock in TPM, and take any chance to degrade them that they can, will be the exact reason that the TPM defeats them......and why they are losing popularity even now, even among their OWN party members......

edit on 16-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join