It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEA Party Candidates Claiming some major wins in GOP Primary.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It seems that the TEA Party is gaining some serious momentum in some GOP Primaries. Knocking out the main stream GOP candidates.

O'Donnell: 'We're going to win without them'

(CNN) - The newly minted Republican Senatorial candidate from Delaware thinks she can win without the support of the Republican Party organization.

Shortly after her victory speech Tuesday night, Christine O'Donnell told CNN National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin that she'll forge ahead without their support.

"They don't have a winning track record," O'Donnell said. "If they're too lazy to put in the effort that we need to win, then, so be it."

O'Donnell also thanked former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for her endorsement and for serving as a role model for women in politics.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Real World star wins Wisconsin primary

(CNN) – Republican Sean Duffy, a former reality TV star, will win the GOP Congressional primary in Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District, the AP projects.

Duffy, who resigned from his fourth term as Ashland County district attorney this summer, appeared on "The Real World: Boston" in 1997.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin endorsed the Republican candidate – and two-time champion professional lumberjack athlete – in February, calling Duffy a "brave soul" and "northern Wisconsin patriot."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Other articles:

TRENDING: Tea Party Express, Palin also big winners in Delaware

Paladino scores upset in New York

Can the TEA Party bring major change to Washington?

Are these TEA Party Candidates running on the GOP Ticket actually Independents?

Will a new era of Ultra-Conservatism be a uniting force in this country?

What will this mean for the future of the Democratic party platform? Will Democrats have to change their stance on issues in order to work with TEA Party Candidates, or will they follow the current GOP mantra of obstruction?

How do you feel about these candidates?

I will add more as the story develops and the primary races close.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just remember.. that just because someone calls themselves the Tea Party..

Doesn't mean they bring anything new to the table.

But they might. My point is the tea party is only a name.. substance is what we should be concerned with, no matter what title don.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

My point is the tea party is only a name.. substance is what we should be concerned with, no matter what title don.

Good point, I completely agree, what do these candidates stand for? What do they want to do when they get to Washington? Will it be real reform of what is currently going on? Or will they succumb to the greed and corruption that is rife within Washington?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hah, I don't mean to peg the sarcasometer, but I thought this what was once called the "Astro Turf" crowd?

Obviously it has taken on a life of it's own and it's steam rolling its way straight to DC because they are doing what they said they would, and that is vote the incumbents out of office.

Whether you happen to be an Independent, a Republican or a Democrat, what could be so wrong with that concept?

It's time once again to start using a previous signature, BlowOutCongress.com

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Getting the incumbents out of office is one thing, but what plans do these people have once they get into office?

Getting incumbents out of office is one thing, it's entirely different once they are in and actually have to work for their constituents. Do they plan to do that?

How well do you know your TEA Party Candidate?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I have had alot of tea party supporters tell me that the tea parties are anti-establishment, counter-two parties, counter-partisanship, then why are all supporting Republican again?

As for the new tea party candidates making a difference? I verymuch doubt it. The talk from the tea party candidates are no different than what many of the established Republican candidates stated... 'anti-establishment, anti-tax, anti (enter name here). The established politicians used those talking points then, the tea party candidates are using the same talking points today. Same can be applied to Democrat candidates. Same talk, different faces.

In afew years time another Republican movement under a different name will counter these very same tea party candidates they put in, and then the cycle will continue.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I have had alot of tea party supporters tell me that the tea parties are anti-establishment, counter-two parties, counter-partisanship, then why are all supporting Republican again?

What is even more interesting is why they are running on the GOP ticket.

In afew years time another Republican movement under a different name will counter these very same tea party candidates they put in, and then the cycle will continue.

I agree, it does seem that in a few years these TEA Party Republicans won't be "conservative" enough for some people and another revolution will occur. How far right does one have to be in this country?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The fact is, the TPM is successful because they give voice to a very large (and growing) segment of voters who are simply fed up with the workings of the federal government. They want smaller government, less spending, less taxes, more transparency. What is wrong with that?

Face it - America is a conservative nation. The TPM is a conservative group. It is natural that they should meld.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So the Tea Party was able to oust a couple of Republican incumbents in the primaries. That doesn't really mean anything to me unless they actually win an election. If they win an election, then they can puff their chests out. Until then, don't say anything until you've actually won something.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I heard on Good Morning American this morning that the RNC refuses to finance Christine O’Donnell (Delaware) campaign and Karl Rove has a lot of things to say about her past that aren't pretty.

From Fox News, of all places

I found the whole thing fascinating. It seems to me that the Tea Party is actually causing the republican party to implode and destroy itself. Or another possibility, however slime it may be, is that the Tea Party might actually branch off and form an even Righter --er, more Right?-- party, leaving us with three parties.

Interesting times, friends. Interesting times....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
So the Tea Party was able to oust a couple of Republican incumbents in the primaries. That doesn't really mean anything to me unless they actually win an election. If they win an election, then they can puff their chests out. Until then, don't say anything until you've actually won something.

Good point. I am hoping that the Tea Party proves to be nothing more than loud and once the elections are over they die down into a quiet rumble.

Or, one of them actually wins something and proves to be just another politician with nothing new to bring to the system ("I see now the importance of tax breaks to rich folk") and they have to eat their own protest signs

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Republican Leaders Pledge Support for O'Donnell After Infighting

Influential Republicans vow to support Christine O'Donnell's general election campaign after party leaders initially turned their backs on the Tea Party candidate following her upset win in Delaware.

www.foxnews.com...

It seems they are supporting her after all.

edit on 15-9-2010 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

So what you're saying is that you hope they fail. Just like some said about Obama two seconds before they were called racists. That's pretty sad.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

"Can the TEA Party bring major change to Washington? "
At this point I'll be happy if they can simply eliminate the majority of the "change" we've seen forced through the past 2 years. Anything on top of that will just be the frosting on the cake IMO.

"Are these TEA Party Candidates running on the GOP Ticket actually Independents?"
Labels are meaningless. I could care less whether they are independant, Republican, or Democrat in name. What I'm looking for is that they hold fast to their conservative promises and ideologies they have stated to this point. As long as they don't start randomly veering off to the left (ala G.W. Bush), I'll be pleased.

"Will a new era of Ultra-Conservatism be a uniting force in this country? "
No, never. You will always have a portion of the population which loudly voices displeasure with whoever is in power. To silence them means to violate the entire nature of the Constitution. That said, I'd like to hope that common sense will eventually prevail over the average American and they'll start to recognize the roots of the nation were not built on the ideals the current government hacks espouse.

"What will this mean for the future of the Democratic party platform? Will Democrats have to change their stance on issues in order to work with TEA Party Candidates, or will they follow the current GOP mantra of obstruction? "
Hopefully those Tea Party candidates will do what their constituents wished for when they were elected (IF they ultimately are elected) that being to obstruct the everloving hell out of every ignorant, destructive policy this adminsitration attempts to strongarm into law despite the majority of public voices in opposition.

"How do you feel about these candidates?"
Love 'em. Will continue to love 'em so long as they stay right and stick to their promises.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Alora

So what you're saying is that you hope they fail. Just like some said about Obama two seconds before they were called racists. That's pretty sad.

Oh puh-leeze.
That is politics--unless you somehow do it differently? Pray tell, do you vote for one candidate while hoping the other one wins? Do you argue for one party while hoping the opposing party succeeds?

If so, I'd love to hear your rationale behind that. Otherwise get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How well do you know your TEA Party Candidate?

There is no such thing as a Tea Party Candidate. There are candidates which the TP has endorsed, but the TPM is just that - a movement. Not a certified political party. You won't find 'Tea Party' on the heading of your ballot when you go to vote.

There are many groups similar to the TPM in structure, such as the NRA, the NEA, the AMA, AARP, and others. But you don't hear candidates referred to as "The AMA candidate", for example.

So those of you here that are attacking the TPM are actually attacking ideas, not a party.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I've been trying to find out information on Christine O Donnel... And it didn't go well. The only working page on her website says "Give me money" essentially. I want to know where her heart is on issues.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Paladino is so crazy he even called for eminent domain to forcefully stop the Multicultural Community Center from being built in Lower Manhattan.

using eminent domain to prevent the construction of a mosque and community center near ground zero.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The TPM is just a bunch of GOP members that want to appear independent. Follow the money; the TPM wouldn't even exist if it weren't for these Republican supporters.
tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...

And when and if the TPM candidates get elected they will act just like any other politician when the lobbyists start with the gifts, money, women, parties, country club memberships, fancy dinners, trips on the company jet to epcot for the whole family.

I have yet to hear any solid platform from the TPM other than parroting back stuff they read in the Limbaugh letter or from that flake Beck.

I do see a new war on the Horizon coming from the Right Wing factions. They will fall in line with whatever the Military says. And the Military falls in line with whatever the Zionists say.

However this TPM thing could blow up in the conservatives face if it scares the moderates enough to get out the vote and some of these TPM folk are a few bricks shy of a load imo. Perhaps not enough to cave in the entire movement but make it so impotent that it's nothing more than fodder for TV comedians. Sort of like it is now.

edit on 15-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

At this point I'll be happy if they can simply eliminate the majority of the "change" we've seen forced through the past 2 years. Anything on top of that will just be the frosting on the cake IMO.

But does that fix anything? Just taking a step back isn't a solution in my opinion.

Labels are meaningless. I could care less whether they are independant, Republican, or Democrat in name. What I'm looking for is that they hold fast to their conservative promises and ideologies they have stated to this point. As long as they don't start randomly veering off to the left (ala G.W. Bush), I'll be pleased.

I have seen this a lot lately, where is this revisionist history coming from? G.W. Bush was not "left" by any stretch of the imagination. Do people really have that short of a memory? Sorry my friend, you aren't saddling the left with G.W. Bush, he is the conservative's problem, don't blame the left for him.

But why shouldn't they be independent? Isn't that the problem in our political system? Party politics? Party politics has created an era where our elected officials have voted along party lines instead of voting what is what the people want. If the Dems want something, the GOP is going to vote against it. If the GOP want's something the Dems are going to vote against it. It doesn't matter if the idea is good or not, because with party politics the party votes the party line. That is what needs to change in this country and that is why we need independents in office.

No, never. You will always have a portion of the population which loudly voices displeasure with whoever is in power. To silence them means to violate the entire nature of the Constitution. That said, I'd like to hope that common sense will eventually prevail over the average American and they'll start to recognize the roots of the nation were not built on the ideals the current government hacks espouse.

I agree, I understand that no matter what happens someone will be unhappy. [size=-3](Especially on ATS) and that no voice should be silenced [size=-3](still waiting for Rush to kick the bucket). I do wish that common sense would prevail. It's been too long in this country without it.

Hopefully those Tea Party candidates will do what their constituents wished for when they were elected (IF they ultimately are elected) that being to obstruct the everloving hell out of every ignorant, destructive policy this adminsitration attempts to strongarm into law despite the majority of public voices in opposition.

Ok, understandable, however I have to say that being an obstructionist does not actually fix anything. Gridlock isn't actually a good thing. Working for solutions for the people is.

Love 'em. Will continue to love 'em so long as they stay right and stick to their promises.

And what are their promises? Take your local candidate for instance, is there a candidate in your state election that you are endorsing? What are their promises? Do you know them? Have you researched them?

edit on 9/16/2010 by whatukno because: fix bbcode

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join