It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Adventures with "Zak"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm just venting, so bear with me. I was just watching (for only a few minutes, it's all I can stomach) Ghost Adventures with Zak Bagens. I've seen this guy before and I just wanted to say that I never watch this guy anymore. What an arrogant ***! He doesn't do anything that I've ever seen that has any real science behind it, he just yells and treats others around him like S***. That cameraman needs to grow a pair and show Zak a whole new use for that camera. SciFi Channel and the like...want to show us something worth watching? Show us some real evidence, not some narcissistic over actor.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yea he is an ego-maniac- but his evidence that he finds is the best on TV out of any of the parnormal shows. If you can get over his ego- then its rather enjoyable. I personally dont believe he fakes any of the things he experiences on the show- or has thusfar. With increasing popularity who knows.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have to disagree. Of course he fakes things! Atleast some if not all! He has a TV show, which is driven by ratings. No ratings, no money. Everything about him screams "fake" to me. Especially, his over the top enthusiasm. There is a market for this kind of bs, and his show is just one of the many that fills the need. But hey, if you're entertained...eat it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You know your right- im only a paranormal expert and investigator myself. AS FAR AS THE # THEY CAPTURE ON CAMERA which cant be faked- its real. i know ive seen it myself. im not talking about someone screaming and say "oh i saw something" and that being claimed as real

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I never really liked any of these paranormal programs. When you watch them all side by side they seem they're the same program. Go into a old house or castle at night, Turn off all the lights, and use the worst cameras with night vision while trying to act scared for the viewers. When I was a kid we used to have the same terrible programing Real Scary Stories. Once you see one of these shows then you seen them all.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Going into a place and doing "real" science is not going to produce the best television. First you set up some auto remote cameras and record everything at the place for a week until you establish a baseline. You can use a panel of disinterested observers and judges to do this.

Then you go in for another week and stir things up, and see if anything happens outside that baseline level, according to that observer panel. The idea would be to eliminate as much human interpretation as possible, and do a statistical analysis of your findings -- one way or the other.

That sounds thrilling, huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You have repeatedly called yourself a paranormal expert, yet you clearly cant tell a faked and over dramatized paranormal show when you see one........on another board you also advised someone to IMMEDIATELY get a priest for a blessing and exorcism, even before going to see a doctor, in what was CLEARLY the signs of an impending , possibly dangerous, psychological breakdown.....

Ive investigated the paranormal for a long long time.........and i would have never given anyone that advice.....EVER infact, before we ever go into a home we look at mental history and family history........then we proceed to find logical explinations for everything, BEFORE moving onto investigation.....

As far as Zak is concerned, he investigated the old womens prison here in Boise where im located........he faked A LOT of evidence in his video, including the "rattle snake infested hillside" in which they went out and found a person who could supply them with rattle snakes to plant on the hillside......

Much of his EVPs are matrixing, and arent even close to clear evidence..........much of the videos are matrixing, and even MORE of his findings are personal experiences that arent documented.......or can be easily debunked with logic.......

As far as a paranormal show goes

edit on 15-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
He gets good ratings BECAUSE they do not fake anything....

Ghost adventures has never faked any evidence whatsoever...

I like the show because of his style he uses.. I don't see him as arrogant or egotistical at all....

There was an incident where they had a guest investigator that a lot of people thought faked a scene where he threw an item and claimed it was knocked out of his hand or something.., but they addressed that issue publicly.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ha Ha, have to reply as I have been watching GA for the last week. I really enjoy it and it takes my mind of the serious stuff we discuss daily. I love trying to discern evidence and fakery. I like this show all the same.
I got irritated at the guy also, tho. If I was a ghost I would be the one yelling "shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up." or "go, go, go , go , go , go!" or what ever he says so loud!
But others do the same thing ! I have seen most all of these shows, and it kills me, they yell "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?" every time !
Then they yak and laugh about themselves loudly and you can't hear the voice, which said something like
"The secret of life is..."

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

If you want to see some REAL ghost hunting, may I suggest the "Ghostfacers."

www.ghostfacers.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Hehe, so true...

I admit he does come off pretty commanding at times, but it doesn't bother me... They have probably all agreed as a team to let it roll that way..

I find all of their styles to be very entertaining... maybe it is because I am a lot older than any of them so anything they do or how they act is just entertaining to me and not abrasive..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

hmm weird just a few vids

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They have numerous of these videos online. I seen a ghost hunters video and it was so fun to see someone spot out all the fakes. I'm surprised people actually believe any of these programs. I guess you have people really believe all these wannabe singers are actually singing.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

My apologies...I didn't realize that you are an expert! And that claim is supposed to change my opinion in what way? You say they capture things on camera that can't be faked...does such a thing even exist? Modern filmography and visual effects can produce just about any imaging imaginable. Can't be faked...c'mon!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah, its important to keep extremely skeptical of ANYTHING on TV especially if its paranormal....the best evidence you can gather is your own i suppose.

But their stuff is so overly dramatic , and "coincidental" , it just SCREAMS fake to me......

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I don't know how old you are. But these shows remind me of the programing when I was a kid. What they would do is give a run down on a really terrible incident. Make it sound really scary, go that place and film whatever. Most the programing is just kids being scared at random times. You could never see what they were actually afraid of. My step nephew told me they're real stupid stories. lol

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

LoL yeah i know what you are talking about, Im in my early 30s....

They are doing the exact same things we did as kids, only they are video taping it.....most of it pranks on each other, the rest freaking themselves out .........and catching it on tape

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
If you have ever seen a true "ghost."
You will never forget it.
Nor will you wish to repeat it, IMO !
Still, I watch these shows because it happened to me,
and I want to see if others have experienced same.
I have seen probably every ghost video ever created that is on the innertubes,
I can't debunk all of them.
All I can say is if you see it, you will be more open minded to other's experiences.
Although you may hope that it not happen again.
It is fun to look at possible ghost evidence when someone else is experiencing the action !

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Yea he is an ego-maniac- but his evidence that he finds is the best on TV out of any of the parnormal shows. If you can get over his ego- then its rather enjoyable. I personally dont believe he fakes any of the things he experiences on the show- or has thusfar. With increasing popularity who knows.

They were caught and admitted faking on their halloween live episode.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Real paranormal Investigations are actually almost never as action-packed or interesting as any of the TV shows make them out to be. So there has to be some level of hype included in order for the show to go on. Additionally, the footage is edited to only show the "best of the best". I'm not accusing the Ghost Adventures team of faking anything, but you have to absolutely take certain things with a grain of salt because it is TV. But in actuality, all Ghost Hunters are missing what is right in front of their faces due to ignorance.

Which brings me to my next question...

It's interesting... in a human nature sort of way how people react to paranormal activity captured on camera. From my own experience, as a paranormal investigator and psychic sharing photo and video evidence over the internet, the reaction if the evidence is too good then it's automatically deemed as a fake or a hoax. And if it's not, or it doesn't fit with the preconceived notion of what someone has in their mind as a spirit or spirit activity, it's explainable or you're "matrixing".

So what's it gonna take for people to believe and understand that there's a whole lot of spirit realm activity captured that is real but that is not exactly what you thought it would be like? Applying physical realm laws to the spiritual realm does not work. You have to open your mind and learn new things in order to understand how the spirit realm works and understand what you're looking at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join