It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the 7 World Wonders in trouble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

One of the 7 World Wonders in trouble?

www.nowpublic.com

Meanwhile , The Taj Mahal is facing the flood water in Uttar Pradesh, this monument is on the bank of river yamuna. Heavy rain in the upper catchment areas and breach of embankments is creating a challenge for authorities to protect this monument of peace and love.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Taj Mahal may get flooded. The waters are steadily rising and there are people on watch to alert others if it gets to high.

The flooding in the region has already taken around 30 lives. The Mahanandi river is flooding out of control because of all the recent rainfall.

I guess this is alternative news? If not feel free to move to correct forum.

www.nowpublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This article is from 2008. I have made that mistake before though as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's funny how most of the time the Taj Mahal isn't referred to as a mausoleum and only as "monument" in most cases lol.

It is a great treasure and a lot of work into building it. It would be wise for there to be an effort to save it was it has done a lot of good over the years for the people and the state.

But often times people neglect to want to put in precautions. Glad it is currently safe though, would hate to lose it! xD

edit on 9/14/2010 by TheBloodRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry the article is old. It's recent though. I saw it on the news last night and looked online for an article and just pulled up the first thing that popped up.

new topics

top topics

join