It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon, traces of an advanced civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey everybody.

Just came across this..

www.washingtonpost.com...

But scientists now believe that instead of stone-age tribes, like the groups that occasionally emerge from the forest today, the Indians who inhabited the Amazon centuries ago numbered as many as 20 million, far more people than live here today.

20 million people.. is this the biggest and oldest known civilization we can date back to?

Landscape indicates possible advanced civilization?

I cant see disease being the end of this civilzation.. what other causes may there of been?

Michael Heckenberger of the University of Florida has found moats, causeways, canals, the networks of a stratified civilization that, he says, existed as early as A.D. 800. In Bolivia, American, German and Finnish archaeologists have been studying how pre-Columbian Indians moved tons of soil and diverted rivers, major projects of a society that existed long before the birth of Christ.

I also find it amazing that these people who lived at that time could change our landscape so much and live in an huge society.

It starts to make me think there must of been more than one cradle of humankind.

edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega because: source

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Alpha, can you please add your source I would like to read more about this.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silverking

Damn sorry buddy, il just edit the thread now

But here it is... www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The best story i heard that tries to explain this, is "Old world secrets, and the Omega prophecy codes."

It told a story having to do with ancient civilizations getting conquered by their elites, and driven to confined spaced, and treated as slaved for hundreds of years.

Its interesting.. I don't know if its true, but there are many stories that hint at long lost, technologically advanced civilizations, completely disappearing, or dying.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Now that is something i have got to look into, thanks for the info bud!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is what Jonathan Gray has been promoting for years. He asserts that pre-flood civilizations were very advanced, possibly more than our own in some ways. Their technology utilized an entirely different energy source, and their automotons were based on some kind of crystal. I suppose our silicon crystals are used to create ICs.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Have you checked out Slayers new thread? Though he mainly focuses on the Atlantis, Lemuria myths tie in to ancient civilization, he covers some interesting stuff that might tie in to this as well.

edit on 9/15/2010 by AlienCarnage because: Included link to Slayer’s thread

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love new finds like this!

I found this about how they stumbled upon a long gone group of People while looking for The Secret of El Dorado”, in Columbia,, just thought id ad to the fasination of long gone People in the South America!

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

well, it would have been nice if someone brought along a camera to visually record these scientists findings. but apparently, just the one goober picture for this article was enough. geez...can we have some EVIDENCE!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I know what you mean.. there keeping it on the downlow.. i would of liked to of seen a diagram of how they think it would have looked all those years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Yeh have done buddy, its awsome stuff
i love it when news like this is posted, nothing better than finding out our early origins.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Thanks for the info post man!!!

Let my brain EXXXPAAANNDD with knowledge!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
N. American Indian populations had a distinct viewpoint when compared to their southern counterparts. In particular, the Northeast tribes.

But there was a marked desire to live in harmony with nature. More than any other culture I have seen (to an extreme degree in some cases). The Amerinds "got it" long before the rest of us. And their had sociopolitical systems that illustrated how much they "got it".

Good thread. Would love to see more information on it. I agree with AlienCarnage...get over to Slayers new thread. Dovetails nicely with this one.

top topics

join