It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conn. Muslims ask for equality from city council

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow, so they can't have an islamic prayer and must settle for a moment of silence........welcome to equality. Try using that excuse in public schools in the U.S. Hey, if the city council wants to settle for a moment of silence as not to offend anyone, the muslims should be greatful they are being treated equally there......and now a quote from one of the complaintants.

"Why reward ignorance?" he said. "We understand, of course, that politicians are always going to try and seek the middle ground, but in this incident, we think this is a case of caving in to bigots and an immoral position."

So it's ignorant to treat everyone equal, and yet if someone asks for a mosque to be moved out of decency, they'll come bomb us..........hmmmm, bigots and immoral positions indeed.

hosted.ap.org...

edit on Fri Sep 17 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

As-Salāmu `Alayk(a) —Peace be upon you

Democracy is democracy, if a church should be there, than it should be right to have a mosque there too..

And i am not here to judge or cry lies.
But for the sake of the argument, the church is like 2+2=3 and the mosque is 2+2=4
I will come to the reason inshallah(if God will)

Therefore it is much better to have a mosque, if you read and compare bible with the Koran, you will see that the bible has so much errors, flaws and contradictions, that a church should not be there, and in the quran it has not a single contradiction, which should stay there, do you want to be educated, or uneducated? it is like saying that we shouled move Nasa, and put a candystore there instead.

This is not an attacked, i am a student of comparative religion, and i want you to read the quran instead of reading the actions of some muslims.

Remember, i have said this earlier on diffirent threads, that islam does not follow muslims, but muslims follows islam...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cleveract

Did you read the article.......it is about city council prayers? Go back and read the article, then start over with the advertising. Thanks in advance so much. Thanks for the advice but, I'm not a Christian by the way.......so I'll have to turn you down.

edit on 14-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: Fat fingered typing

edit on 14-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why didn't you just post in the existing thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did we REALLY need another Anti-Muslim thread? REALLY?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I used the search function, it didn't show up.........umm, can I not post a thread that is news, or should I check with you first ? I mean should all threads only be glowing, gushing love fests for islam, Obama, and the left? Just wondering, cause I thought we could all post here....have a nice night BH.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Did you read the article.......it is about city council prayers? Go back and read the article, then start over with the advertising. Thanks in advance so much. Thanks for the advice but, I'm not a Christian by the way.......so I'll have to turn you down.

edit on 14-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: Fat fingered typing

edit on 14-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

This is not an attack, this is just an observation, it is not only for the christians, but to us all.. Have a nice day bye bye, wa salam...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Equal treatment is a separation of church and state ...

No prayer-time for any faith at City Council meetings. Do what you want on your own dime.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why didn't you just post in the existing thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did we REALLY need another Anti-Muslim thread? REALLY?

Well,
They want equality.
Maybe we need to get them current so there will be as many anti-moslem threads as there are anti-christian threads.

Just sayin.

edit on 14-9-2010 by badgerprints because: Spelling. Wrote as but added an extra s. This ,of course spelled ass whish was not my intention. it could have been misconstrued and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to offend anyone by writing ass in a post. i didn't check to see iff there were any other typos. Just wanted to get my ass out of there.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

Exactly right. At what point do we bring in Native Americans for the drum beating thing.

The damn muslims need to stand in line, behind everyone else, who has tried stunts like these. Even a moment of is too much of a religious meaning at an official government event as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The question on this issue, is where do they draw the line without offending people? In the world and in particularly in the US, there are all sorts of people from every walk of life, and we all have different beliefs. Right now the Muslims are wanting equal treatment, cause they desire to be able to give a prayer at the opening of the City council meeting. Now the question would be, would the reaction be the same if say a Pagan, or a Wiccan, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist, or a Native American, or any of the other religions that are followed around the world. Would they be so accomidating to someone who follows Voodoo, or Santaria or even a Satanist? There has to be a point where people need to take a step back and not be so loud to demand equal treatment, as it may end up offending people, who would then could reasonably come forward and demand the same and equal treatment. And if they are refused, then the city council could be sued on the grounds of discrimination and rightly so. Then there is the other little part and aspect that no one is considering, what if someone objects to such, would that cause an impact on the outcome?
I think that right now, all this happens to be, is where something is blown way out of proportion, and ultimately the losers of this will be the citizens of Hartford, as it is bound to go to court, which will rule that they can no longer do this, and the bill will be foot by the citizens.
We should all be tolerant of other faiths and beliefs, but we should never force it on our neighbor.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wow, so they can't have an islamic prayer and must settle for a moment of silence........welcome to equality.

But if it was equality, they would have had the Muslim prayer:

From your link (did you read your link?)"

But both Winch and Dhaouadi said past council meetings have begun with prayers led by a rotation of religious leaders, including Muslims.

See how overly sensitive and critical and bigoted people are being toward Muslims these days?

And from another source:

On Facebook, Council Minority Leader Luis Cotto wrote: "We start every single council meeting with a prayer. 99% of the prayers are Christian based, and in three years I recall one Rabbi coming through."

Didn't hear you complaining when the meetings were led by Christian prayer... But NO Muslims prayers! They're all terrorists, you know!

Source

Originally posted by hinky
The damn muslims need to stand in line,

Oh, my God, that's the sickest thing! You guys have it BAD!

edit on 9/14/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Equality is not something Muslims do or practise. Religion has no place at the City Council meeting unless it has a direct impact upon the community.This is just another case where the Muslims want to noticed for there religion/cult. They do the same thing in Europe and view what is taking place there right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If the muslims are so mistreated here, there is the door. Not only is it the fastest growing religion but also the whiniest.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yup, I read the link, did you read your post? In it, you posted clearly, for all of the world to see that in fact muslims had led prayers there........from my link. Please get on topic and quit with the petty little jabs......not very helpful, nor does it make you seem smarter than anyone else.If you'd care to discuss the topic instead of playing enabler, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you, but if trading barb's is your idea of debate, it explains alot. Have a nice night.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleveract
And i am not here to judge or cry lies.
But for the sake of the argument, the church is like 2+2=3 and the mosque is 2+2=4
I will come to the reason inshallah(if God will)

Therefore it is much better to have a mosque, if you read and compare bible with the Koran, you will see that the bible has so much errors, flaws and contradictions, that a church should not be there, and in the quran it has not a single contradiction, which should stay there, do you want to be educated, or uneducated? it is like saying that we shouled move Nasa, and put a candystore there instead.

Brilliant, the bible is rubbish and the qur'an is the epitome of perfection - a church is a candy store and a mosque is by far the most important building in any faith. We should all read the qur'an and learn a book because we're uneducated.

Everyone should read that.

Because it is said in peace and by the will of god.

You are in the minority, right? Whew, that's what everyone has been telling us all...

On topic - I'm a bit confused. So in the past various religions have had their prayer before council meetings, but now no one will and in stead a minutes silence is put in place to allow everyone the right to their prayers in silence, BUT it's a jab at islam and an attack on muslims?

I'm going to iraq and throw bibles at the mujahideen - hopefully they behead me because this lunacy is rampant... I give up.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I did not say that you are uneducated.

If a christian means, that you should follows the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him)
Than the muslims are more christian than the christians.

Bcause Jesus(peace be upon him) said, dont have pork, the christians have pork,
the muslim dont have pork,

Jesus(pbuh) said get circumcise, most christians have not been circumcise,
most muslims are circumcised

Jesus(pbuh) says dont drink alcohol, many christians drink,
muslims dont.

When i say that the church is like 2+2=3 and the mosque is 2+2=4

That means, that we walk the walk and do also the talk, and therefore, there should be a mosque instead of a church since the church does not follow Jesus(pbuh) teachings.

There are many other examples that i can bring up...

Okay if you are sincere, if you really want to be educated, you go and study both religion, in the religious sense, not in generall knowledge.

Some people are rocket science, and Doctors, and in that term of education, i don´t mean that at all.

Do you want a school where people get fed up with wrong science or correct science?

The people who puts words in my motuh, should think again and reason...

edit on 15-9-2010 by cleveract because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So you just do what everyone accuses everyone else here of doing......you cn't paint an entire religion with such a broad brush? Are you saying no muslims drink, eat pork etc.....sure sounds like it. You have a right to you beliefs, what you don't have is a right to anything but equality, that's where the problem lies.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So you just do what everyone accuses everyone else here of doing......you cn't paint an entire religion with such a broad brush? Are you saying no muslims drink, eat pork etc.....sure sounds like it. You have a right to you beliefs, what you don't have is a right to anything but equality, that's where the problem lies.

Most muslims do not drink, thats what im saying...

I am showing facts from both sides, the rules and their actions, and im not here to judge, i am here to inform you all...
And indeed i respect christians as my brothers in mankind, same with other people..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Wow

so Christians: 2+2=3 and Islam 2+2=4

Complete the last two in this sequence: 1=3 2=3 3=5 4=4 5=4 6=3 7=5 8=5 9=4 10=3 11=? 12=?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let's just do away with the city council meeting and have a prayer meeting. We can have every faith present along with chants, beating drums and sacrificing chickens. Why do they need a moment of silence to begin a meeting? Why do we need a moment of silence to begin a sporting event? Just get down to business. Let everyone honor their diety before they attend these things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join