It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion on the 3 Dimensions of Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In response to a question from another on another discussion group:

www.kfa.org...

I responded (under my signature of “4Q529”, which is a Dead Sea Scroll entitled “The Words of Michael) as follows (perhaps someone on ATS would like to continue this discussion here about the 3 dimensions of consciousness):

“Before I answer that question, I have another bone to pick with you.

I suggest that the start be made with observation, rather than any 'mind'.

What do you observe?

You observe space and time and sensations and perceptions (an internal state--like heat, pleasure, pain, hunger, thirst, etc. etc.--and an external reality) of a space-time reality.

You observe emotions in relation to those sensations and perceptions.

You observe that there are memories of those sensations and perceptions and emotions.

You observe that there is right hemisphere thought, or time-independent picture thought, and left hemisphere thought or time-dependent thought.

And there are memories of all of these things.

And we have not yet encountered any 'mind' at all.

Sensations and perceptions and emotions are primarily the consciousness of the "self". And thoughts are primarily the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

Still no 'mind' has been discovered.

And it is not at all needed.

So, most people conclude that this is all to human consciousness: the consciousness of the "self" and the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

But there is another dimension, a third dimension, of consciousness which has to do with, and gives additional information about, the origin of the "self" and the origin of the 'thinker'.

Prior to the 'movement' of self-reflection, there is no consciousness of any separation, or of any separate existence of any "self" independent from either the physical reality or other "selves". This is a non-spatial, non-temporal, non-dualistic consciousness. (But I call it a 2-dimensional 'flat' space consciousness because that is the way that I observe it to be.)

Once a person becomes aware that he or she is conscious, that very awareness creates a "self" separate from both the physical reality and other "selves". This is the creation of the 3-dimensional 'curved' space and all dependent dualities; being the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil".

Then thought comes along and postulates its own existence; that is the thought of the 'thinker' and the thoughts of the 'thinker', in order to maintain the existence of the 3-dimensional 'curved' space over time.

No 'mind' is found anywhere in this.

It is no more of a helpful concept than "phlogiston" is currently considered to be.

So, the 'movement' of self-reflection does not occur "anywhere".

It is the very origin of space and the "self" itself.

In other words, it creates the very space within which it exists.

As previously stated, it is more accurate to say that the brain occurs within the space created by the 'movement' of self-reflection than that the 'movement' of self-reflection occurs within the brain.

This is all quite straight-forward and readily observable to those who are serious...

And who have not been sidetracked by the thought of any 'mind'.

4Q529”

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think we are on the same track of thinking. 3 is a very important number when you are talking about both concrete and abstract objects.

3 is the body(constant regress), mind(constant change), spirit (the neutral bond)
3 is the father(old/wise), son(young/curious), holy spirit(eternal father)
3 is the atom- electrons(negative), proton(positive), neutron (neutral)
3 is time- past(regression), future(progression), present (infinite)
3 is the ID(negative influence), superego(positive drive), ego (balance)

It's pretty easy to see that the self, others, and God are all interconnected by this trinity.
One is very visible and real to us(the self,present moment)
The other we can see but never prove their independent existence(other people, the mind, the past),
And one we cannot see or prove, but it believe it must be there because we are here (God, the soul, the future)

I's undeniable that all scientific, religious, physical, mental, and spiritual have three sides to their object....and balance between the 3 sides of the 3 dimensions is crucial to positive happiness/focus/love/energy...whatever you want to call it. If a building is very tall and has a small base, it's more likely to fall. If your more focused on yourself than others, it's undeniable you'll eventually fall.

Hopefully that makes a little sense. It's a rough and tough concept to grasp...and you will never truly grasp it all at once because the mind is constantly changing. You just have to protect your body, abide by your beliefs, and connect to others and that's the purpose of the 3 dimensions.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

But all of the categories of 3 that you refer to are categories of thought having to do with logic, science, and left-hemisphere activities.

When talking about 3 dimensions of consciousness, what is being discussed are three dimensions of reality rather than merely thought.

The consciousness of the "self", for example, includes psychosis and all of the observations of the Jungian analysts as well as poetry and the entire emotional dimension of existence.

The non-spatial, non-temporal "observing consciousness" Created 'by and in the image of God' involves such things as the memories of previous lives, telepathy, clairvoyance and Prophecies of the future--in other words, a dimension in which information is conveyed irrespective of the categories of time and space.

This perspective is being specifically repudiated by the "scientists of consciousness" because it threatens the entire scientific paradigm itself, which is based exclusively upon the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This resonates with me.

It is ancient knowledge that modern science cannot define and is I believe, commonly known as, 'heart, mind and soul/spirit'.

The non-corporael tri-fold dimension that humans experience.

The unidentified, not located, 'mind' has always amazed me. Not only because of the unknown potential and capacity but because its existence is evident though unproven and yet is accepted as fact by scientists.

Upon death and before loss of fluids, the human body looses around 8lb's weight. Scientists cannot say for sure what this weight represented in life. My current understanding or supposition, is that what the 'weight' the non-corporael awareness represents is why and how it is not possible for people to astral project or have any OBE, that is not death and not return to embodied consciousness.

Right now, for me the questions are, what is it that is different about the death experience that severs the energy from the dust and does the weight carry with it memories of the corporael existence?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

To the OP:
That´s what i wanted to tell you in your other thread whatt i ment with the higher i!

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot Right now, for me the questions are, what is it that is different about the death experience that severs the energy from the dust and does the weight carry with it memories of the corporael existence?

My experience of the revelation of the memories of previous lives had only to do with the consciousness of the body itself at the very moment of death. After that, there was immediately the onset of memories of other lives and deaths in rapid succession. There was no after-death interval at all.

Many years ago, there was an horrific news item about a little boy who was shot in the head with a shotgun in front of his mother.

His last words were "Look, Mom, I'm flying."

It is neurologically impossible for that little boy's voice box to have uttered that statement. That statement was made after the little boy was already dead; it was heard clearly, audibly and telepathically by the mother. But I seriously doubt that any scientists would want to consider that possibility.

Now, with the revelation of the memories of previous lives, will the little boy remember that "flying"?

No, because all of that is images created by another dimension of consciousness.

Michael Cecil

top topics

join