It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you related to anyone who was famous?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm related to Poundmaker, a minor player in Western Canadian history who fought at during North West Rebellion.

en.wikipedia.org...

My best friend is a decendant of Sam Steele, a famous Canadian officer who fought against the Metis during the North West Rebellion.....I love the irony of our friendship, century later and the two combatant's distant grandsons chilling over a beer.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Some history on your William Wallace

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedzedtopgrade
I'm related to Poundmaker, a minor player in Western Canadian history who fought at during North West Rebellion.

en.wikipedia.org...

My best friend is a decendant of Sam Steele, a famous Canadian officer who fought against the Metis during the North West Rebellion.....I love the irony of our friendship, century later and the two combatant's distant grandsons chilling over a beer.

That is excellent, they should have teamed up with eachother and opened a detective agency.
Poundmaker and Steele

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have 2 famous ancestors - Charles Dickens and French royalty. (Serious.)
I e.g. wouldn't mind being a writer much like Charles Dickens. (I'm also reading a few of his books now. A good 1 to symbolize the 2 heritages - A Tale of 2 Cities.)
Also, someone once told me that I'm French in character. I then read a book about French culture. It was like me. A lot of people here with French descent were from the French Huguenots. But mine was from a group fleeing the French Revolution.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Add info & neaten.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sir Walter Raleigh

You know the coat over the puddle for the queen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

My aunt has traced our family history back as far as it can be traced on my mothers side, and from her assertions we are directly descended from the lineage of William the Conqueror.

Then we are cousins, but do the math. Assuming 4 generations a century if you go back 1000 years you have a trillion ancestors. Obviously there's a lot of overlap, but at a certain point it becomes meaningless. In fact, it would be surprising to find out that you were NOT a descendent of William the Conqueror. Anyone with Anglo-Saxon ancestry is.

I can trace my ancestry back to Jamestown easily, and Jesse James is my fifth cousin. It's kind of fun to play with it, but beware there is a lot of junk ancestry information out there.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ok...I don't know if this really counts but...my great grandmother is 100% French...and she is in the direct bloodline of one of the (ladies in waiting) to Marie Antoinette.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Former NFL player Rick Casares. He was my father's cousin and grew up with him in Paterson, New Jersey. He went on to play running back for the Bears, Redskins and Dolphins. He was the Bears all-time leading rusher until some guy named Walter Payton came along and broke all his records.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not really *famous*, but my great - great grandad was Queen Victoria's Jockey. He later went on to perform around the country with Buffalo Bill's show.

Seem's I didn't get my height off him though.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep!! but goodness its not that good lol! I was doing a family tree and my relative was not a very nice guy at all!

But known in Ireland, he was called Buck Alec Robinson! somethings you just wish you did not know!

Nasty piece of work by the sounds of it! And it was kept from most of the family and now i know why,

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For those wanting to trace it, you may get lucky.

Back when I was looking into it, I stumbled across another website by a family member who had basically already done all the work!

Traces the family from the colonial days when we first came here from Wales to Virginia.

You may be just as lucky if you Google well enough, and find a relative of yours has done the work for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

lol...I suppose "famous" is relative...I am famous around these parts...my desk.

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well, we should get along great, my great ,great grandfather was Mr. J. James doctor while he was in the Missouri territories.
Up near Novinger and Kearney way.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Rossa because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Rossa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am related to Jesse James and Johnny Cash, two rebels in their own respect.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm closely related to Jose Bove'. Some of you might remember him as the actavist that led a tractor raid on McDonalds over in France.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's remarkably a lot like me in belief for the most part.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
On my mother's side, her grandmother was Susan Renville, daughter of Gabriel Renville. He is written about in the history books in MN, so locally kind of famous, maybe not "famous" but known. Well, he's the only claim to fame my family has.

He was born in 1824, the son of Victor Renville or Ohiya and Winona Crawford. After the death of his father he was raised by his uncle Joseph Renville. He opposed the Dakota Conflict of 1862 and became the chief of the Dakota Scouts called the Renville Rangers. After the formation of the Lake Traverse Reservation by the Treaty of 1867, Gabriel was appointed Chief of the Sisseton-Wahpeton. He died at his home in Browns Valley in 1892.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

My Uncle wrote this book: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316576035&sr=8-1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join