It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you related to anyone who was famous?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nobody too famous.

I'm related to Beryl Markham (female pilot who was actually successful in doing what Earhart TRIED to do)...

And also actor Monty Markham (you'd recognize him, but would be hard pressed to think of a single thing he was in...)

A distant relative was a Sheriff (Constable) of Nottingham, but the timeline is "iffy" for if he was "THE" Sheriff of Nottingham that was after that Loxley fellow......

I have some relation to the wine that carries the family name...(and my wife and I collect a bottle for each year we're married)....

edit on 17-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
On my mother's side, one of my great uncles or third cousins was the drummer for Alice Cooper.He apparently quit just before they hit it big because he didn't like the direction the band was going with all the snakes,theatrics, etc.
Also, I know it's not a "relation", but one of my aunts used to babysit Christopher Walken when he was a kid...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am related to the guitarist of a popular band from the late 70's. How ever I won't mention who or what band because I am deeply ashamed to be related to this person. He is a total perv living in mummies and daddies basement spending all his royalty money on dope. Still looking, dressing and acting like its 1979, spending his day writing music that is only a slight variation of his number one hit, dreaming of reliving his glory days. Part of me feels sorry for him, part of me blames the music industry, and part of me wants to walk up to him, smack him upside the head and say, "Get over yourself, life goes on after fame, you are never going to make another album so get out of the basement and enjoy life, if you can put your crack pipe down long enough, and stop being so shocked when today's teenyboppers don't fling themselves all over you because chances are they have never even heard of you and if they have, the certainly are going to react the way their moms and aunts did.

Sorry, didn't mean for that to turn into such a rant.
edit on 11-11-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My cousins are Liam and Noel, Oasis. Was cool when I was younger but not anymore! They do my tree in!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
How would I go about tracing back my lineage? I would love to know who I'm related to

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
no but i am famous

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

who are you?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
ill NEVER say, but it is UK comedy..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
c'mon message me who you are I need to know it will kill me not knowing

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
ha! my agent would massacre me [joke]. NEVER.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
proves you aren't famous, typical.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"proves" nothing, miss cheeky chops!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

"miss"

I'm a dude.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
well,'dude', pixies are usually gals....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you talking about this guy?. Looks like he was on a lot of TV shows.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I'm pretty sure she is a chick go through her created threads.....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

I was referring to Monty Markham, who Gazrok said was a relative. A link for Monty Markham was included in the phrase "this guy".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Yep, that's him. Like I said, most don't know his name, but he would look familiar to most anyone.

Here's a link to Beryl Markham...

en.wikipedia.org...

The relative link is by marriage to one of my very distant relatives....I think he was actually a Baron in the day, or something similar, and that relations is still pretty distant to the family here in the states.

Monte's actually a much closer relative, and more directly related, though still in the magnitude of cousin category....
edit on 26-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think Mark Twain is a fifth cousin.

And supposedly I am a decendant, maternally, from one of the girls in this famous painting. But the genealogists in my family are still trying to verify.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b3b1bbaa80d.jpg[/atsimg]

I have a very unique last name that mainly can be found Only in the US. A person of the same last name owned the Hope Diamond for a few months. We are still trying to verify that tie as well.
edit on 27-11-2010 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This person isn't exactly famous but my cousin was the First assistant director for Alien Vs Predator X-Men Origins, Sleepy Hollow and the Golden compass.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join