It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Suffers Senate Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Senator John Kerry Today suffered a direct attack on his Senate voting record by the majority leader Senator Bill Frist.

Kerry Hits a Republican Bump in the Campaign Road

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat John Kerry on Tuesday brought his presidential campaign to the Senate, where he was hit with Republican ridicule for being a relative stranger on Capitol Hill this election year.

Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts who will become the Democratic presidential nominee next month, interrupted a western campaign swing to be in town to vote for an amendment to bolster veterans' health care, one of his signature issues

"If we hung around, Republicans could just delay the vote again," a senior Kerry aide said. "They are just playing games with us."

"I've been here 20 years. I know how this place works," said Kerry. "I'm not complaining. I'm just here to make my statement of support."

Reuters Story

Senator John Kerry who has missed 80% of the Senate votes this year has left himself open to this type attack from republican members of the Senate who claim he should resign his Senate position to make his run for President.

Democratic Senators and Kerry campaign spokespeople on the other hand blame republicans for scheduling votes to conflict with Kerrys campaign commitments in a planned attack on Kerry's voting record prior to the election.

Edit Link

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Phoenix]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by John bull 1]

new topics

join