It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cato Institute produces video: Cops on Camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Cato Institute produces video: Cops on Camera

carlosmiller.com

The Cato Institute, one of the most respected libertarian think tanks in the world, produced the above video titled Cops on Camera, highlighting some recent cases, specifically the ones in Maryland.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Congressman introduces bill to protect citizens who videotape cops
7-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed During Police Search of Detroit Home
Police beating of university student John McKenna shocks the US
Cops + Cameras = Bad Attitude. WHY?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Cato institute produces this clip with experts to discuss police and cameras. Amongst the cases is Aiyana Jones shooting, John McKenna beating and Graber traffic stop.
Most interesting part to me was about the possibility of starting to have cameras on officers especially during SWAT raids. This should help officers and suspects both if there is any conflict about what truly happened.
Also the perverting of wire tapping laws which were intented to protect private discussions is a very good point as shown by the Graber traffic stop case.
This is must see for everyone in my opinion.

carlosmiller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Great thread. The video makes a lot of good sense, just as the CATO institute does as a whole. It's true, the difference between a home invasion and a SWAT raid is razor thin and sometimes no different at all. Sadly, through propaganda and MSM spin, video is going to make little difference, if does not indanger our freedom all together. The oppurtunities for us to fil brutal authoritarian behavior, also gives TPTB a reason to manipulate us into accepting the behavior even more than we already do. If the American people had the ability/skill of critical self thought, then that would be one thing, though we obviously don't so it's something else entirely.

God save the Queen!

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's true that we live in a media dominated world where way too many people don't suspect their 'news' sources. Therefore since I'm not familiar with CATO institute at all If anyone has any disagreements of the video or gripes about the institute itself I'd love to hear that.

edit on 14/9/2010 by PsykoOps because: fixed . and sentence

new topics

top topics

join