It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High fructose corn syrup seeks sweeter, more positive name name: corn sugar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
No matter how much they change the name to make it look better, it still won't make it taste any better.

Why do you think the "throwback" sodas are so popular?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Name change = lipstick on a pig.

High fructose corn syrup kills. Heck .. over sugaring of America in general kills. But High fructose corn syrup folks are insulting. Those stuuuuuuuuupid commercials ...
'get the facts' .... yeah ... I got the facts and understand just fine. High fructose corn syrup = BAD BAD BAD

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Good info thanks:

I lost 30 pound in two month since I heard about the GMO food, Corn Syrup, Aspartame, Food Starch, Amino Sweet etc etc. To tell you the truth physically i feel super great now (no more Mcdonalds for me), no more numbness thru my body, no more pain on my legs, even my kids looks better and very fit than before, and yields more food and more money in our poquet$ than before. I feel better all the way around to tell you the truth.

People should pay attention to these kined of articles cause is your health that we are talking about here.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

well there is the largest hurtle to get over,. educating the masses,
most people only believe what their doctor tells them.
Lets keep in mind doctors get paid from sick people.
then there are those that believe that the the FDA is a " Looking out for your health Organisation",'
'
If this country was really about health then fast food places would be shut down.
I believe I read that Pepsi owns stock in Taco Bell and KFC,.. Hmmm Soda sales? Seriously,, who needs to drink 64 ounces of soda with their processed junk
Coke has their fingers in business like that also..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
uh, corn isnt sugar. thats false advertising. thats like calling squirrels, tree chicken. or nectarine, harder peach.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree. They say get the facts. Well the fact is that studies show there is a difference between how the body reacts to fuctose vs. sucrose.

They make statements that sugar and high fructose corn syrup are nutritionally the same, and there's no evidence that the sweetener is any worse for the body than sugar. To me this is deception on their part. They choose to ignore the evidence linking HFCS to the obesity epidemic in America.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It is a poison. I don't care how they try to wrap it up package it or "sugar coat" it. It is still poison that affects mood, distorts personality and affects behavior. It is addictive and should be classified as a drug.

Check out Sugar Blues. A book hard to find anymore but if you read it you will experience an awakening and have a shot at changing your entire outlook and view of life.

Another book that is helpful is Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A Price,
DDS

this dentist traveled the world and discovered wherever a "modern diet" was introduced to the society their health began to decline dramatically and their teeth were damaged almost irreparably in the course of one year.

Imagine. We are living on this high fructose diet.
We are half the humans, and half as healthy (if that) as we are intended, or have the capacity to be.

Don't believe me?
Give up sugar, in all forms, including white flour and potato starches for 2 weeks
and then tell me how you feel? It is nothing short of miraculous.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You are right. I greatly reduced sugar in my diet and I feel great. I avoid HFCS as much as possible. I have my coffee with just half a sugar. I don't touch artificial sweeteners they are even worse.

If people want to lose weight and stop feeling tired all the time try to eliminate sugar from your diet and you will be amazed at the results.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Name change = lipstick on a pig.

High fructose corn syrup kills. Heck .. over sugaring of America in general kills. But High fructose corn syrup folks are insulting. Those stuuuuuuuuupid commercials ...
'get the facts' .... yeah ... I got the facts and understand just fine. High fructose corn syrup = BAD BAD BAD

You beat me to it on the pork comment!

But yeah, hopefully people will try to see through what I consider to be a blatant lie. If I were a lawyer, I'd sue them under some sort of Consumer Act under product fraud.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Why not? Remember the woman who sued Tropicana for saying there OJ was fresh squeezed and it was actually partially a concentrate from fresh squeezed?

Offended her taste buds, and she won a ton of money...let me look it up...

www.aboutfalseadvertising.com...

Remember, however, that consumers do not have standing to sue under the Lanham Act; only competitors can bring a false advertising suit under federal law. Still, aggrieved consumers, such as Kasky, may find standing under state consumer protection statutes. What follows is a case that serves up an example of garden-variety, actionable, false advertising. It involved Coca-Cola, Tropicana and a 30 second TV commercial. As Tropicana’s spokesperson, former Olympian Bruce Jenner, appeared on screen squeezing an orange and said, “It’s pure, pasteurized juice as comes from the orange.” Then Jenner poured the freshly squeezed juice into a Tropicana carton and said, “It’s the only leading brand not made with concentrate and water.” The problem is that pasteurization requires temperatures of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s one hot orange! Another problem was that Tropicana’s product was sometimes frozen prior to packaging. That’s one cold orange! Coke, the maker of Minute Maid orange juice, said the image of juice being squeezed straight from an orange into a Tropicana carton was misleading and sued Tropicana for false advertising. Although the district court denied relief, the appellate court reversed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I thinks this might help some people and the topic as well, check this out.

I made some print copies of this and every time my wife and I go grocery shopping we take it with us, it help me on my 30 pound weight lost and it worked for my family too, it might help you as well.

GMO Food must see.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its funny how the news and such on the tv keep on saying that hfcs is bad for our health, which I agree with. But heres the thing, they say its bad for us, and yet they keep on letting companies use it in our food. Doctors warn against hfcs, but the thing is, if its bad for us, shouldnt they have stopped putting it in our food completely? Just shows how dumbed down the people have become, even if something that is informal is shown on tv they still dont listen. Were also being desensitized into not caring about whats in our food, even though we should be caring considering the fact that WE eat it and it goes into OUR bodies and affects US.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
Its funny how the news and such on the tv keep on saying that hfcs is bad for our health, which I agree with. But heres the thing, they say its bad for us, and yet they keep on letting companies use it in our food. Doctors warn against hfcs, but the thing is, if its bad for us, shouldnt they have stopped putting it in our food completely? Just shows how dumbed down the people have become, even if something that is informal is shown on tv they still dont listen. Were also being desensitized into not caring about whats in our food, even though we should be caring considering the fact that WE eat it and it goes into OUR bodies and affects US.

The only reason HFCS is used in our foods is because America is a corn producing country so it is cheaper to use than importing sugar from other countries. In South America, they are sugar cane producing countries so they use sugar in their foods instead of HFCS. They do not have the same obesity problems as we do in America. It's all about making money, they don't care about your health.

They will continue to deny any problems with using HFCS much like the tobacco corporations denied that smoking was bad for your health for decades while people were dying from using their products.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

"High fructose corn syrup seeks sweeter, more positive name name: corn sugar"

They did the same damn thing with MSG! Doesn't come as much of a surprise though

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Processed foods and corn syrup is making America the most obese and very soon the most diabetic nation in the world.

Statistics don't lie the food and drug administration is killing this nation with food, now our children are their target.

Corn syrup and GMO can be found in many well known baby food items.

edit on 15-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thank you. Starred. I love it when liars who misrepresent the truth are called out. Well stated. It's as if the people *for* HFCS are presenting the "conspiracy" that it's absolutely safe for you, and they're getting "debunked" with the facts. It's hard to trust our government and the media when they're outright, blatantly lying to the public. Just as with vaccinations.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is the video that breaks it down scientifically. The lecturer demonstrates how HFCS is broken down in the body compared to other sweeteners.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by realeyes because: fix broken link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I'm afraid that your sources, although having the appearance of being valid, but all sharing a air of inconclusiveness may hold little more weight than those studies performed and sponsored by the tobacco industry which suggested no significant health risks for smokers. I saw in at least two of the sources that the studies were funded by Pepsico, a global provider of HFCS sweetened products.

ESV

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase

I will tell you about my own experiment. I had a baby almost a year ago and I have always been pretty thin but I was having trouble losing the last 10 lbs. I decided to quit drinking pop and the weight fell off. It was easy.

QUIT DRINKING POP=LOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT

Glad to hear it! I have constantly gained weight over the years and was a big soda drinker ..up to 10 cans a day. I slowly tapered off and got down to 1 can a day. I then got myself off that and onto water. I decided all these chemical laden foods and dies to color everything has to be bad. I had developed gouty arthritis because my body no longer would excrete the uric acid I was building up. In the last year, I've reversed my condition and lost 25 pounds from not drinking soda (and anything sweet..I gave up all sweets while I was at it) best decision of my life. I eat only good salads with olive oil and protein and veggies. I never thought I'd be able to do it and now looking at ice cream, sodas, candy and chips looks repulsive and like dog food to me! Congrats again on you and the baby!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah HFCS also causes cancer proliferation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join