It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Hiking in Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They have released the woman. She even looks like a CIA agent.
www.cnn.com...
Original story:
www.nydailynews.com...

Does anybody think they were actually hiking? Will she hike in Juarez next?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Somebody isnt telling the whole story here. Or its a hell of a wild random coincidence. But when it comes to governments, its usually NEVER a coincidence.

edit on 14-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: Misread the article (apologies)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know (and no one here does) whether they were CIA or not, but I think it is important to note that the area they were in is a very popular adventure backpacking travel destination and many, many have done it... For whatever that is worth. Interesting article from Outdoor Magazine contributor. Worth reading as it pertains to this case.

A Mountain Of Trouble

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Two countries, right next to each other, they have been fighting for years. The US is throwing a war there.
"American tourists have been detained by Iranians while hiking near Iran's border with the self-ruled Kurdish region in northern Iraq".
They must have had a defective GPS to be in Iran, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They could be keen radical hikers but I doubt it, much more likely to be agents or special forces for the Empire, terrorists set to destruction and sabotage in Iran.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ya, Americans hiking in Iraq, that just happened to cross into Iran, that just happened to be detected and detained, that just happened to get International attention, that just happened to have $500,000 lying around to post bail with.

Sure. I believe all of that, don't you?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I guess hiking in a war zone is fun for certain types. I found a picture of these Germans hiking into Poland:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
They have released the woman. She even looks like a CIA agent.
www.cnn.com...
Original story:
www.nydailynews.com...

Does anybody think they were actually hiking? Will she hike in Juarez next?

What the heck does a CIA agent look like

She just looks like a woman who has aged quickly in a short amount of time.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Northern Iraq and the area around Kurdistan where these and many other backpackers travel to is far from a war zone, now. Perhaps a bit of a google search on adventure traveling may help educate you in the matter, no?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'd hit it, I mean yeah I would.

As for hiking, I mean she is obviously totally kinky I mean lets go hike in a war torn country? OKAYZ, I mean maybe she can't say no, so yeah i'd definitely.

edit: and I see she is single now, I mean we all know long distance relationships don't work.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Who paid the "Ransom" errrrr.... "Bail"

Bail is paid when you plan to go back to court to face the charges, we KNOW she will NEVER go back

More importantly WHO paid 500k for this

If it was the U.S. "US" that is B.S.
and if so i DEMAND the same amount to "bail" me out of the my problems here in the U.S.

If they have enough money to go hiking there and have a college degree, they should have had gps, and their FAMILY should pawn,sell everything to pay for their ignorance.

SORRY -- Should this have been in the "RANT" section

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Northern Iraq and the area around Kurdistan where these and many other backpackers travel to is far from a war zone, now. Perhaps a bit of a google search on adventure traveling may help educate you in the matter, no?

Adventure traveling sounds great, these hikers must have been into masochistic traveling. Seriously, an American accidentally going into Iran is like a black man accidentally joining a KKK rally. It only happens in comedic movies.

edit on 14-9-2010 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm just curious, have you read that article I posted the link to, yet or has it been ignored?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I'm just curious, have you read that article I posted the link to, yet or has it been ignored?

I read the first page, could be CIA propaganda, I am as gullible as you are.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Figures. Why am I not surprised that you only read the first page? Lol.

Moving on...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Figures. Why am I not surprised that you only read the first page? Lol.

Moving on...

I read it all while you were replying. Still no change in my viewpoint. Wasted time, thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wasn't posted to change your, or anyone else's viewpoint. If that's what you thought than you really are looking at this myopically. It was posted to present an alternative explanation. Up to you whether you buy it or not. At least you read it, that was the point.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Speaking of alternative explanations, here's another one:

I think President Ahmadinejad really wanted to use this as a way of building up a store of goodwill just before he comes to New York," said Gary Sick, a professor at Columbia University and a former National Security Council Iran analyst.
*from the OP's link.

So, what do we have so far:

1. CIA or other agency spies
2. Travelers with a social agenda
3. Political maneuvering for release
4. But by which country and for what reason?

For those who WANT this to be CIA, they will only see that which points to CIA manipulation,
even if it's only in their head.

edit on 14-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I guess hiking in a war zone is fun for certain types. I found a picture of these Germans hiking into Poland:

Kurdestan in Northern Iraq is far from a "war zone". I was there for 7 months, it's actually quite pretty. Lot's of mountains and pretty scenery, great for hiking or backpacking. The Kurd areas have alot of tourism and their own international airports in Sulaimaniyah and Erbil with direct flights to/from Europe and Middle East.

Also the Iran/Iraq border up there is poorly defined, poorly marked.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
Who paid the "Ransom" errrrr.... "Bail"

Bail is paid when you plan to go back to court to face the charges, we KNOW she will NEVER go back

More importantly WHO paid 500k for this

If it was the U.S. "US" that is B.S.
and if so i DEMAND the same amount to "bail" me out of the my problems here in the U.S.

If they have enough money to go hiking there and have a college degree, they should have had gps, and their FAMILY should pawn,sell everything to pay for their ignorance.

SORRY -- Should this have been in the "RANT" section

She repeatedly said she was thankful to the Sultan of Oman. So i'm guessing the Omani govt had something to do with getting her released.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join