It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artic issue response to the natural ice melting. Is there anyway to help the Artic creatures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was thinking about the effects that have gone on at the Artic Circle with the ice masses melting. I was thinking what if all the plastic waste was reformulated to create a new floating artificial land mass for the creatures within that region so they dont have to risk drowning due to long distance swim travel. The mass of plastic would mimmic ice sheets in color, shape and texture and would float as well, so it wouldnt be totally connected.

Would there be any negative effects with the reformulated plastic waste, to the environment?

Or do we just let it be and wait till the next ice age to replace the ice in same or different location, which may place the animales in danger or kill them overall?

Just a thought, would it work?

There is a floating mass of plastic existing within the Pacific I believe.

edit on 9/14/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh not to worry, just ask Glenn Beck or Rush or anyone on the right. There's no global warming, theres no ice melting. This is all just natural and Al Gore is a kook.

I think you have a really good idea, we would have to find a way to anchor the plastic island or it would float back to where it is. Also we would probably have to make lots of plastic islands because obviously everything wouldn't be close together.

edit on Tue September 14th, 2010 by damwel because: whoops hit the wrong button

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yea its sad the climate change issue. I figured I would see if this would help with all the plastic laying around.
Thanks for you post.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well you can read for your self right here that the Arctic had very little melt this summer and it could be the "coldest Arctic Summer in More Than Half a Century."
Also, that's the Great Pacific Garbage Patch you are referring to and it's nasty!! It's sadder for the marine life than the melt. Well, that's really hard to say, but I would guess it's affected a lot more marine life thus far.
Either way S&F for your innovative thinking.

edit on 14-9-2010 by christine76 because: Last line..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Thank you christine76 for you input. I will check the links out my friend.

2nd

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No prob;em. I always rely on ice age now as my go to whenever I see the climate topics pop up. I find it fascinating. I do believe that our planet naturally goes through periods of warming and cooling. And historically the earth has always gotten significantly warmer before it's cooled. Perhaps that explains the global warming of the past decades.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

I checked the Ice Age now and got to see the graph chart. It does appear this was not one of the worst years. I also agree that the Earth has gone through these warm and cold periods naturally. The thing I also except responsibility for as a part of the human species its that I think we are speeding up these cold/hot processes with our pollution emmisions globally. Which brought me to killing 2 birds with 1 stone, lets take much of the plastic waste and try and help out the creatures up there that are dealing with our issue of speeding things up and mabey MOTHER NATURE WILL CUT HUMANITY A BREAK, MABEY.

edit on 9/15/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join