It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2012 Platform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Robert Anton Weishaupt is Running for President in 2012 as the candidate for his newly formed WTF Party.

Too long have I watched partisan nonsense, religious babble and special interest money steer the legislative agenda in Washington. It's time to fix this mess, and there seems like there is no other way to do it.

So without further ado, I present my agenda.

1. Phase in, over three years, a policy of having the federal government purchase only good that are manufactured in the United States, from the pen that I use to sign legislation to computers tto official government aircraft and all the components used in same.

2. Ending the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as closing as many bases on foreign soil as possible. This will allow us to slash the military spending budget as we focus on maintaining sufficient forces to defend our country from foreign invaders as well as massive unmanned strike capabilities to counterattack any nation that actually attacks us.

3. Redefine the bogus "War on Terror" to more accurately reflect what it is: a investigative and policing operation against rogue elements. Wars are fought between nations. To fight terrorists, we need to use good police work and investigation to stop criminal acts from being perpetrated against the citizenry of the United States. Those involved with terrorism will be tried as criminals and subject to capital punishment or lifetime incarceration if and when they are found guilty in a court of law.

4. Remove government from any debate that is largely philosophical or ideological. It is not the place of government to determine the sanctity of anything. We are concerned with the rights of sentient beings. (i.e. People can marry whoever they want as government should only be concerned with marriage insofar as it represents the merging of two individuals into a socio-economic unit commonly referred to as a family. Abortion is a necessary evil as circumstances can make either pregnancy or children an undue burden on an individual and forcing that burden on an individual is an unacceptable use of government power.)

5. Smart use of financial incentives to spur economic growth. Rather than giving tax cuts and naively assuming that corporations will reinvest in hiring and R&D, the Weishaupt administration will provide tax breaks as a reward for stimulating the economy and providing innovation. These incentives would be massive and worthy of corporate investment to obtain (i.e. first car manufacturer to market a viable 4 person vehicle with a top speed of 95 mph that runs entirely on renewable/alternative fuel becomes a tax free organization for a period of 10 years).

5a. Continuously offering new milestones and goalposts to encourage continued innovation across a wide range of needs including: clean energy, technological challenges, food quality, education, infrastructure.
5b. Smaller scale goals for smaller scaler businesses.

6. Simple enforcement of current immigration laws. There already is a "Path to Citizenship".

7. Massive overhaul of the education system. A large portion of Military spending savings need to be re-routed to our underfunded schools and national standards need to be put in place. Some on here may see this as an overreach of Federal Power, but I believe that Education is the single biggest need in America today. Among the requirements: No more than 40% of students' grades can be based on multiple choice, fill in the blank, or true/false question. We must demand that our children be able to apply critical thinking and research skills to create written reports, essays or practical demonstrations of acquired knowledge. Teachers need to be capable of handling such assessment and should be paid accordingly.

8. Remove all embarassing irony from government. (i.e. The E.P.A. building in Washington D.C. has incredibly outdated windows and doors and no solar panels or windpower)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Hmm, how do you plan to reconcile policy #1 with policy #8?

To outfit the EPA building with the best, you wont be buying American products...juts an fyi.

join