It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect your Elders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Or get your ass beat and learn to respect them. This is the moral of this video.

The old guy was on fire that day.lmao.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Another reason to respect our elders is so we don't have to keep making the same mistakes they did and can learn from the wealth of information they have gleaned just by living as long as they have.

Part of our whole societies problem is that we throw away and disregard the most valuable information afforded us by our elders, putting them in elder care facilities, and not keeping them close by our hearths, in our hearts and in our homes.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: Great Story!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Epic Beard Man on ATS?

hah, that black guy was 50.

Was great watching him on radio show trying to act all cool calm and collected and "apologizing to vets" heh...

EBM was on his way to get some medical marijuana.

The real moral of the story is When two old guys fight lulz will be had by all

edit on 14-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Part of our whole societies problem is that we throw away and disregard the most valuable information afforded us by our elders, putting them in elder care facilities, and not keeping them close by our hearths, in our hearts and in our homes.

I used to think the same thing. Now I find your statement absolutely asinine.

"putting them in elder care facilities, and not keeping them close by our hearths" sounds real good.

Maybe if you walked a mile in my shoes you wouldn't be so quick to judge others....

yes, you struck a nerve..

I have spent the last 2 months doing nothing but looking after my mother who has had multiple strokes and as much as I would love to keep her in my home, it is just not possible. Where the hell do you suggest that I put her, the side of the road?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I have spent the last 2 months doing nothing but looking after my mother who has had multiple strokes and as much as I would love to keep her in my home, it is just not possible. Where the hell do you suggest that I put her, the side of the road?

My heart goes out to you and I understand it is difficult but it is your obligation and responsibility to care for her now. You should keep her in a bed near your own. This is what my mother did with her own mother for 3 long years after a stroke left her crippled and speechless.
If you are without patience, or arms and hands, or the strength to pick her up or feed her, then you should enlist some outside help to help you care for her. There is no shame in doing at least the best you can.

i would only remember a time when you were helpless, had to be carried and watched over every moment. You could not walk, talk, eat or even clean yourself.
How many years did this go on?
Where was your mother then?

You are very lucky, blessed beyond all reason, to have a mother to care for.
Walk a mile in my shoes.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

You are mistaken imagining I am judging you. Just stating my opinion.
I know you must be hurting and perhaps overwhelmed. Get some help. A local church perhaps.
Old folks are certainly a handful but worth hanging onto closely for as long as we are able.
That is just the way it should be, not the way it always must be.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Love the Rocky theme playing in the video Randyvs.
I think the young guy was spitting out his teeth!

Everyone already saw this one but it is pretty good too.

edit on 15-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: I can

top topics

join