It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems reported with new voting machines....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How "shocking" that the new voting machines in New York would be problematic. So problematic, that one voter became so frustrated he tried to throw his ballot in the trash and just leave! Is this a prelude of what's to come for the 2012 election that we look so forward too?

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

Snippet from the article:

Voters around New York State stepped into the brave new world of electronic voting machines in Tuesday’s primary elections amid complaints around the city of longer-than-usual delays and troubles with the scanners that are supposed to swallow and tabulate the new, SAT-style ballots. Some polling places in Brooklyn did not open for more than 90 minutes — and there was one report of a three-and-a-half hour delay — as election workers tried to get the new equipment to function.

It seems we're encountering more voting procedure problems and questionable election results as time goes by. The difficulties these New York voters encountered are inexcusable and I believe we're going to see more of this--not less. I'm wondering if it's not all part of a push to have voters become so frustrated that they opt for the "vote-by-mail" method. They are promoting this method heavily in my area, claiming that it's costing too much money to keep voting booths open when (allegedly) so many voters have chosen to go with this "vote-by-mail" method.

Are they trying to create a system that makes it easier for voting results to be tampered and/or one that leaves a trail of disenfranchised voters in it's wake?

As seen in this article, voters complained about having to give their ballot to election workers to be run through the scanning device because they felt the confidentiality of their ballots was compromised. When I worked polling sites for two elections around 30 years ago, everything was meticulously orchestrated to ensure the voter's identity and confidentiality of their ballot. If we don't adhere to strict guidelines in this regard, we leave our election results open for fraud. As we have seen in recent elections, fraud is already an issue that plagues our election process.

Considering the magnitude of the upcoming 2012 election, I believe our entire voting process is vulnerable to manipulation on a scale worse than what we witnessed in the past decade.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This article is from 2006,but still a valid concern today,if not more so!

Why is Hugo Chávez Involved With U.S. Voting Machines?

...from Venezuela, where software engineers with links to the leftist, anti-American regime of Hugo Chávez are programming electronic voting machines that will soon power U.S. elections....

www.realclearpolitics.com...

"It doesn't matter who votes, it only matters who counts the votes." --Joseph Stalin ·

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This could be one of the most DANGEROUS moves by government yet. If the public were to accept electronic voting machines and later learn their votes were not counted, fixed, or manipulated, it could mean the spark of mass riots, even war. I hope this article is the beginning of the end of electronic voting.

Electronic voting is a tool of tyrants, as it hides a papertrail of truth....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I hope this article is the beginning of the end of electronic voting.

It probably won't be, but if people make too much fuss over it, they'll probably just keep pushing the vote-by-mail thing. The fact that a voter was willing to walk off and throw his ballot away out off frustration at this system is really bothersome--on his part and on the part of the electronic system. I hope that guy's reaction isn't one that a lot of voters take on or we're really in trouble...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Letting the Black Panthers intimidate voters isn't very nice,either.

Looks like more than a few obstacles to voters may lie ahead.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

his article is from 2006,but still a valid concern today,if not more so

Thanks for that article link....I bet the info in that article didn't get widespread publication!

It sounds like these New York machines could have come from that company....I'll have to check into that.

new topics

top topics

join