It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and death lie at the poisoned heart of religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sex and death lie at the poisoned heart of religion

www.guardian.co.uk

A dispute with BBC TV's religious slot, Sunday Morning Live: would I join a debate on the pope? As president of the British Humanist Association, I was glad to – but there was a problem. Discussion was divided into a first debate on whether Catholicism was over-obsessed with sex, but I was to join a second: is the Catholic church a force for good? How could you answer that without saying that sex lies at the poisoned heart of all that is wrong with just about every major faith?

Repression of sex, banning contraception, gay rights, abortion, stem-cell research and IVF treatment cause unto
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yet ANOTHER article showing that the UK is NOT a Christian nation.

Yes, we will see the usual suspects come along and blather on about the Queen being head of state and church leader and that this means the UK is a Christian country. Bull****.

We all know that Christianity in the UK is finished. Like a seriously injured horse, I believe we should put it out of its' misery and put it down for good.

This article most eloquently depicts the absolute truth that religion, obsessed with sex and death, is an expression of the very worst humanity can offer.

This passage from the article is a fantastic summation -

Atheists are good haters, they claim, but feeble compared with the religious sects. Atheists have dried-up souls, without spiritual or visionary transcendentalism. To which we say: the human imagination is all we need to hold in awe. Live in optimism without fear of judgment and death. There is enough purpose and meaning in life, love and leaving a good legacy. Oppose the danger of religious zealotry with the liberating belief that life on earth is precious because this here and now is all there is, and our destiny is in our own hands.

Enjoy all ye fundies!

Parallex.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-9-2010 by Parallex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Secularism in the UK has been increasing since the industrial revolution - over 100 hears ago!

So what! No one other than you seems suprised by the fact that modern Britain is secular. This place is pull of people who go through life completely unaware of the fact that life is real and wonderful if you allow it to be, but most here don't, and collective apathy prevails.

But, having said that, be careful in making generalisations about this complex society. You'll come across many many enlightened, mindful good aware people over here. I live in London, but even so i'm aware of what goes on outside of this mini-state we call the big smoke. I think it's actually impossible to understand this place properly unless you live here youself. But even then, you'll only know what you've come across, suprises are always round the corner here. I grew up as an atheist, and developed into a Deist, because of ATS.

Anyway, its a shame how many in Britain become dispirited by their perception of the "majority" - there seems to be a very pervasive compulsion to conform and be "normal" in many people who consume the "image" of britain through media outlets, be careful not to fall into the same trap they do, it's all such garbage. I blame that Beast Murdoch for this societies ills.

All the best now.

edit on 14/9/2010 by DizzyDayDream because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sex, having sexual relationships, intercouse, is highly necesary, addictive, positive energizing, method of having a healthy life, highly healthy for the internal organs of the body to function accordingly once that demanding need for sex is fulfilled. We as humans develop and require our body needs to be taken care of and the sexual part is just another basic need that the body can't live without, and will not achieve complete satisfaction and even the way that the brain functions will be negatevely altered if this side of the human existence is not yet completed in a regular basis. Brain is developed to have all its points created to be taken care of, meaning without this getting done, a human person has not achieved full development, and it can be due to many causes such as illnesses, religion practices, made up choices, habits or brain injuries and malfunctions. Sex has only one explanation, it can be deadly if precautions are not foreseing first. Achieving climax and human satisfaction is the intended purpose of life: eveything must come to a climax, a goal to the end. Each person decides and creates their own way of satisfying that sexual part of themselves, is really up to them, and how they are oriented towards it and want to go by each day of their lives. Human existence wouldn't be posible without a sex life. Religion and the way each person is raised and brought upon mean the designed path that he/she must follow, since it was induced in her thinking and reasoning that way and is all that the person knows. Sex needs to be under control at all times due its high content of emotions being displayed at the point of connection.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
however, sexual energy can be channeled into other endeavors. this is what half the world's religions are trying to say. your flesh body should be nurtured, no doubt about it but you don't have to be a slave to it because you, are more than "crude matter", as yoda would put it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yes
i always believed in god
now i see religion was created by devils
to mislead us and take our souls
im still religios
but to myself
like g o d intended

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Source: Office for National Statistics

Having said all that, the above stats show that over 70% of the British public still consider themselves to be Christian. However, this shows:

Church attendance is around 7% of the british population! I did warn about making generalisations about this complex society. However, it would be accurate given this evidence to still consider Britain a "Christian" country, though our idea of Christianity means very little to everyday lives. Yes, many here are clearly still theists, but i'd say anecdotally very very few here are "spiritual" for reasons i mentioned in my earlier post. This is all so confusing I'm sure you agree, but just keep in mind what i said about the pervasive "herd" mentality due to our indoctrinated culture, thanks to the media and you will hopefully find yourself forming a clearer image of what things are like here in your mind... but just remember thats only ever in YOUR mind... and this is all only ever an observers mind, so think what you please, but please try your best to avoid silly disinformation like the link you provided and the ones i provided... it's all absolute DIstorTi0N of whats real. And to find that out i suggest you come and visit this place sometime.

all the best,
peace.

edit on 14/9/2010 by DizzyDayDream because: statcorrection

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is possible to be spiritual and against the Theocratic involvement of humanity.
You can believe in the final unity of the Universe. You can believe in the Tao. Or even an abstract God, as deists do. Or none of these, but see the world in terms of reincarnation and/or magical effects that could be some time explained by an ET-like science of the future.

Clearly the monotheists pose the greatest threat to humanity's survival today, as even famed ethnobotanist Terence McKenna pointed out. However, dogmatic Communism bears a strong resemblance - of all things - to the Catholic dogma and the Inquisition. (I grew up in the East Block.)

One person who stands as a good example to the above is lifelong medium Kyle Griffith who published a book titled War in Heaven in 1988, which remains one of my all time favorites. In this book, theocratic spirits are described as nourishing on other people's faith as well as on their astral bodies, while the more decent spirits try to awaken them, along with inspiring people to science, rock music, and all the ideas of personal and collective freedom we know in our history...

I'd say scrap the Pope and amuse yourself with reading War in Heaven...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

top topics

join