It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about solidity in a holographic universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have a question.

In this clip from David Icke's "Freedom or Fascism", he talks about the holographic universe and how objects are solid in our head cause we perceive them to be.

www.youtube.com...

But if that's so then how come I still run into walls with my eyes closed? I went to a house with a glass maze in an amusement park once, and kept bumping into the glass cause I didn't know it was there and my mind thought that it was open space.

So how can I bump into solid objects I don't see, if Icke's theory is correct that solidity is only in our mind?

Can someone explain?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
ya...he's off his rocker. seriously, your consciousness is anchored in a flesh and bone body that is subject to the laws of the universe. hence, nobody walks through walls

edit on 9/14/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Mabey its because you are feeling solid in your mind as well, and cannot see the SPOON IS NOT THERE AT ALL???

link   

Originally posted by WWu777
But if that's so then how come I still run into walls with my eyes closed?

You're not running fast enough and you really need to believe!

link   
This reminds me of the bit in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books where Arthur Dent tries to learn to fly by jumping off of things and then "forgetting to hit the ground" The trick was to get distracted by something very surprising just before the point of impact

edit on 14-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

When particles are broken down to their smallest elements it appears that every atom consists primarily of empty space. I guess there are a few protons and electrons swirling around a nucleus and these, when passing each other (as in 'through' each other) might catch and latch onto one another because of an electromagnetic attraction and then form what we think of as a "wall" or other impenetrable solid matter.

There has to be a way for these really sparsely situated atomic particles to pass each other without touching and when we figure that out we will have learned how to "penetrate" walls (which are themselves only loosely packed particles) like many UFO/alien abductees claim they have done.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: italicized a couple words

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
rusethorcain is right
Here is a detailed wiki article about Electro Magnetism

Originally posted by rusethorcain

There has to be a way for these really sparsely situated atomic particles to pass each other without touching and when we figure that out we will have learned how to "penetrate" walls (which are themselves only loosely packed particles) like many UFO/alien abductees claim they have done.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: italicized a couple words

This happens all the time on the quantum level (although I'm loathed to use the word quantum as it tends to start arguments
)
Particles can pass through barriers that are "solid" in the classical sense of the word, it's called Quantum Tunneling

edit on 14-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

I have been thinking about this alot as of late. If it is a holographic universe, our sun is the primary "projector" if you will. I know its not technical nor correct per se, but bear with me.

The reason we dont fall through these big open spaces between particles is because they are in motion. Like not being able to put your hand through a spinning fan until the motion has stopped. I think it is the motion and its interaction with the prevalent particle wave, i.e. light. "Let there be light"

www.bartleby.com...

The light gave form to what he had created. Even if you aren't religious, it has a simple truth written into it.

So I believe that there is the motion, magnetic field of the form, and a complimentary field in all of us, and those fields interact with light, to make our reality. The field inside of you is most likely what we label soul. Its an energy field that either ascends or decends based on your corporeal bodies influences.

This transition we keep hearing about, will be a field shift. The sun will magnetically reconnect with the earth and shift the field around us. The poles wont "flip" they will oscillate like a compass needle next to a magnet. Our reality, and our perception will both simultaneously change. If you are not ready, you will go mad

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think that my response to this can best be summed up with a video from the Matrix:

Do not try to avoid bumping into solid objects, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth - that their are no solid objects.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
But if that's so then how come I still run into walls with my eyes closed?

Icke is a idiot, and nothing he says should be trusted.

top topics

join