It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is voting important?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No question we've been systematically lied-to and manipulated by the people we've put in office. But what possible change can ever come from staying home? The koolaide drinkers will always vote. So, if you've seen through the charade and are among the more enlightened, then not voting is simply surrendering to the people that shouldn't be allowed to vote to begin with.

We had primaries yesterday. Both my wife and I went to vote and we selected 'write-in' for every slot on the ballot. A waste of time? Maybe. But if we had the capacity to organize on a grassroots level as was commonplace in the 60s adn enough of us did the same thing we could send a powerful message to TPTB.

It seems to me we have three choices in this country:

1. surrender to the status quo and just accpet whatever 'they' decide to do to us.

2. use their system to soundly express our displaeasure and attempt to derail 'their' established political game

3. insurrection

#1 and #3, IMO, carry unacceptably high costs. We're seeing what can happen when people stop playing the two party game and it's evident 'they' don't like it. I think we need to bring that to a massive scale.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join