It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Ultimate Paranormal Experiences Thread!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by canuckistanian

Quite an interesting experience canuckistanian! Thanks for sharing and if you have anymore accounts to share with us please feel free to go ahead and post them! We'd love to hear more!
Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is an experience I had when I was in the hospital.

I was in the hospital, it was around Halloween and I was pregnant with my first son. I remember there was an ugly witch hanging on my door and I asked them to remove it. I was extremely dehydrated and was in a lot of pain. They had my on I.V. fluids and the doctor would give me demoral to help with the pain. I remember laying there in a lot of pain pressing the hosptial button and asking the nurse if I could have more pain medication. The nurse at the desk said she didn't know she would have to ask the doctor. A few minutes later a nurse walks in. She had very short dark hair, curly on top and glasses. She had an accent and I think she said her name was gretchin. She comes over and fluffs my pillow and tells me that everything will be o.k. and I would have a son. She was trying to make me as comfortable as possible when she was talking with me. I asked her if I could have some pain medication and she said she would check with the doctor and walked out the door. I thought it was odd that she turned to the right instead of the left where the nurses station was. Turning to the right goes to the exit. Minutes went by and I buzzed the nurses station and asked her about the pain medication and I told her the nurse that was with me was checking on it for me. She said there was no nurse with you. I'm the only nurse that's been here all night and I haven't been to your room. So I think the nurse that was in my room that night might have been an angel.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This happend when i was 5 to 6 years old.

At the Time my Mother and I and my 1 or 2 year old baby brother (2 years old If i was 6 years old at the time) moved from womans shelter to shelter because of my father.

The shelter we stayed at for maybe couple months.

This Happend at night As it was Dark outside.My Mother had picked up my brother and told me she was going to feed and change him downstairs and bring him up and tuck him into bed. Then go watch a movie with the other ladys,Not wanting to be alone i asked if i could come downstairs with her as she fed him and changed him,Since i did not like the idea of being alone in the room.She said no and turnd the lights off before closing the door on her way out with my brother.We are on the secound floor of the house which is shelter btw.

The room we stayed in had 3 beds. 2 floor beds and a Bunkbed.With dresser in between the two floor beds.the heads of the bed faced the wall so the beds left and right side where not facing the wall. The bunkbed right side was against the wall on the right of the room.Across from the bunk bed to the left of the room and two floor beds is the window.which is closed.

Now as i was waiting for my mom to come back up with my brother.I was atop the top bunkbed as i felt i was safest up here.

As i stared at the window as it is facing me as i layed down and could see it across the room.The bed started to shake violently.freaked me out.I was silent and upset for while before had the guts to call and scream for my mom and for help.I'm suprised no one in the other rooms herd me down the hallways as this happend.

no one was in the room as i could see the whole room even with the lights off..since the moon was out and could make out the other stuff in the room.and my mom would never leave me if there was someone in the room she didnt know.

The shaking went on for maybe 20 mins or more with me gripping the handels of the bed so not to fall off and the blanket.I thought maybe earthquake but then was nah since the lamp on the dress between the two floor bed didnt shake at all while the bunkbed i was on shook,Plus my mother would have came for me.The shaking stoped for while,lil shakes in between the minuts.

I got the feeling someone was irrated that i was at the top and not in the floor beds,where would be easy to get me.(I dont know why i would think that someone was upset with me,i remember asking my self that cant be right because there no one there in the room with me),but the idea kept going threw my mind at the time this weird feeling that i made them upset and i should come down.That the new idea was that the floors beds where much better then the Bunkbed because they didnt shake and looked strong and heavy for it to move.wich i grew to like the idea...

Also the Bunkbed i was on had no ladder.As i used the top handels to push my self up there at the start.

After thinking it over.I looked across the room.and noticed the window open wide.and no screen in the window....Which the window was clearly shut.before my mom left.The bed still jerked and shook lilttle but not much as before.

I wonder.maybe racoon opened the window and came to the bunk bed and started to push it with it's paws? though probly not since the bed was big.Then i remember one of the girls i played with has older sister,and her boyfriend snuck in.Thinking this i thought wait.the window has a escape stairs outside of it,though they where pulled up i think.since i did play in the backyard and seen them.

But why would the girl's older sister boyfriend come up them and scare me? having this thought i got brave and peeked a look under me at the bottem bunkbed..No one was there....(also no one could be under the bottom bunkbed because i tried going under there and my 5 or 6 year old little body couldnt even get under let alone my arm and hand .was very low to the floor almost touching it.

As i realized this i pulled my self up and did recheck of room and didnt see anyone.Then the bed started to shake and i pulled the blanket over my head and wishing mom would hurry up.Not knowing what to make of this situation that happend to me.

A couple minutes later my mom enterd the room and i asked her why she didnt come when i screamed for her help.I told her what happend to me.

she looked at me and said i had bad dream and that she was only gone for 5 mins.which was impossible as i could feel my cheeks and eyes sore from crying and my grip still on the handels of the top bunk bed.There was no way somthing like that was a dream.

4 mins was impossible and disturbing since what ever i had experienced felt longer then 4 mins and very much scary and real.

I also told her the window was open and she said she left it open before she left.Which i remember was closed.and thought it odd since my mother would never keep a window open like that with the was fire escape metal stairs connecting with it outside.Because someone could climb them and enter the room,She was very carefull and didnt trust things like that.

I climbed down from the bunk bed not wanting to stay on it any longer and now having a deep hatred for the thing. and and went to floor beds and slept on it like was the most safest place ever to sleep.

After that i always liked floor beds wich ever side with it facing the wall..

edit on 18-9-2010 by LookingforInfo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I'm amazed at how similar your uncle's girlfriend's experiences have been to my own. I've had the exact same things: shadows of people moving that aren't there, the footsteps, the distant voices, along with other weirdness (including some strange cat behavior, but it's a strange cat so it's hard to tell if it's the cat or the environment).

It's been ongoing for about 2 years now, and at first my roommate thought our previous house was haunted, but the same thing has happened where we're living now. She's moving out at the end of the month because of it, since she's convinced it's something to do with me.

I'm not 100% sure what it is, so I'd love any input. I've had a few strange instances of my bed shaking for a good minute, doors will randomly lock, I'll have a varied degree of thumping against my bedroom wall (on the 2nd story toward the exterior). Probably the most vivid experience is a pretty simple one, but I started reading a book I have on astral projection that I've not read in a few years, and even then I really just skimmed. I made it maybe through the introduction and a couple pages in the first chapter and decide to set the book down. Just at that moment, I hear a woman's voice that sounded like it came from 2-3 feet to my side that says "Keep reading". That's all there was to it, but there was something about the way it was said, in such a calm clear voice and from so close and here I thought I was in the house alone. I've heard distant voices since then, but nothing I can make out clearly. It sometimes sounds like a conversation though, so more than one person there.

A bit further back in time, but I remember being about 6 or 7 years old and going into a house with my step dad. We were just picking up some furniture from somebody he was related to that I didn't know. I went upstairs and saw an old man in the closet in one of the bedrooms and of course, I freak out and run away. I tell my step dad and he brushes it off, says to go play outside I think. I found out later in life, the house belonged to my step dad's uncle, and he had hung himself in that closet. Gives me a chill thinking about it to this day.

Curious to see if anybody has any ideas on these shadow people that seem to follow you from one place to another.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Back in 2001 I had quite the religious experience. Lets just say I had the full Acts 2 experience. Apocalyptic visions, the rushing of the wind, and stigmata. But I'll tell you this. The photograph I took of my "souvenir" of the experience does make for an interesting avatar doesn't it?

Tzaddik? I'm not even Jewish.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Well for what it's worth I once saw a black mass about the
size of a pillow pass by me at knee level then vanish into
thin air in an old house.300 plus years old in north Yorkshire.
The house was said to be haunted,the black "thing" seemed
to be not solid,more like very black smoke but in a roundish
shape.
I have read about the so called shadow beings.maybe one
of them.it did un-settle me for a few days but I got over it.
will never forget it though.It was SOME form of paranormal
activity I have no doubt about that.what it was,well??

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Can you tell us about your other experiences? It'd be cool if you could share them with us even if it sounds kindda crazy we're still interested!
Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

OK I once heard my name shouted out in a house
I shared with 2 other pals,one pal was in the same room
as me sat in a chair with earphones in listening to music
other one was out in town.The house was once an orphanage btw?
I asked if he had heard but said not,my name is Robert
but only family call me this or figures of authority. I have a
nickname or im called Rob
it was spoken in a male voice was startling and unsettling.
not happened since.it was like it was inside my head.not nice.

I saw a UFO years ago, a green light travelling in a straight horizontal
line at a steady speed.not a plane or helicopter no noise.just a sparkling
dot of light that I watched till it went out of view.

once me and my sister both burst into song at the exact same
time to the same tune,The theme tune to a sit-com called "Terry & June"
totally abstract tune and we just stopped mid song and looked at each other
as if to say WTF? then laughed.

This one is a little embarrassing, when I was around 4 or 5 years old
me my sister and mum and dad had been watching a magic show
"Paul Daniels" after the show I was messing around when for no
reason than playing I said I was going to magic some caps(reels of bang
things that go in toy guns) into my slipper that was lying around on the floor.
I said hocus pocus and to my shock there in my slipper were a reel of caps!!
I mean I had been saying this now and then for a few minute's prior but none of the
other things I "asked" to happen did and why would they, but THIS? why? how?

To this day this is the one that has fascinated me the most as it was
pure stupid spur of the moment type silly young boy stuff and none
of my family could of placed them there or I as I had just said it for
a joke.VERY VERY STRANGE.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
When I was about 8 years old is when the following happened...

Back in 1970 I used to attend a very big and old Christian church... this church had 4 stories and a large dome roof just like capitol buildings.. all the kids thought this church was haunted because during world war 2 there was a time when soldiers were given refuge there and stayed there, and quite a few people died there in the building...

There was a lot of creepy old rooms that no one used anymore that would feel strange to go in ..

One night they had a chili feed there and I went up to the 4th floor alone looking for 2 friends that were said to have gone up to the gym on the fourth floor... There was actually a full court basketball gym on the fourth floor, but it didn't get used that much..

This building was very big with probably 100 rooms or so and a large sanctuary in the center of the second floor..

As I went up the long flight of stairs to the fourth floor I could hear a piano playing and it was playing a pretty complex piece of music and that was strange, so I proceeded to the top of the stairs and there was another stairway leading down the other side of the fourth floor that wasn't used much, and at the bottom of the stairs was an old piano.. The paino was still playing when I looked down the stairs at it, except no one was there.. Then it stopped suddenly and I got the chills and the hair on my arms and neck stood up and I felt sheer panic hehe... I turned around and ran as fast as I could all the way to the first floor until I reached the kitchen area where everyone was, and my friends were already there..

This incident freaked me out for a long time, and after that I had reoccuring dreams inside that old creepy church... These dreams would always be me alone in the building with dark rooms and low light and I would usually wake up freaked out.. The dreams finally stopped around 1995 or so... what is odd is that the church burned down in 1995 and was completely destroyed... Now it is a city owned parking lot...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Alienreality...

Quite an amazing account! Honestly, specially the part about the dreams stopping after the place burned down!
Also the piano........
......bet that one was something huh?
Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have a lot of paranormal videos, please excuse the blue entity on my face.

edit on 093030p://pm3033 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
hello all , wanted to share an experience me and my wife had . in 1997 we found a nice little 2 bedroom house in a very rural area of ky called scottsville . the rent was extremely cheap , but we didn't really think too much of that because all rent there is cheap due to few jobs in the area , everyone has to commute . anyway we both started to notice some strange sounds at night . scratching noises coming from all over the house , thuds , and footballs . after several close examinations their were no signs of animal activity or any trespassers . as days passed we became very uncomfortable and felt very unwelcome in our own home . it seemed like their was always a presence watching us . there was a body shop next door and the owner and i were talking one day and he told me that a teenage boy had hung himself in the foyer . things got progressively worse and we moved . i lived in a house that had strange activity once before when i was a child in il. , but it wasn't malevolent at all , sort of friendly actually . the presence in scottsville was evil and you could feel it as soon as you walked in the door . before we moved we all slept in the same room we were scared to be out of sight of the kids .

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drell777

i meant footfalls not footballs lol

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drell777

Hey drell777, thanks for posting your story in our thread. That entity really didn't seem to like you guys hanging out at his place so much, and I can relate to your account cause I've had something similar happen to me when I was a kid. I remember us having to move to another place because of "something" that was moving things around in the house and really trying either to draw attention or scare us outta there for good, and I guess it succeeded

Again, thanks for posting, and if you got more stories please feel free to share'm here with us!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join