It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Spotted in Cumbria Pub

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

From memory, the date and time up the top of the picture is completely off screen at some points. If the camera was moving, the display should always be in the same place. This makes me think that the image is cropped and manually panned (moved) later in a video editing suite.

iRM 2.0

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think that the camera movement is from someone re-recording this video off of the security monitor. The feel of the shake reminds me of other videos that have been copied this way.

I did notice that all of the youtube videos are the same copy, but a majority of them have been removed because of a copyright claim by "Cumbrian Newspapers". Also, MSNBC has picked this up,

Is a Ghost Haunting a British Pub?

It's even on Xbox Live in the internet video section. I think that the bar owner sold this footage to the newspaper, and they in turn have leased it to MSNBC. I dislike how footage of anything peculiar, ghost or ufo, has become monetary nowadays.

That being said, my first reaction to this was not "bug" or "moth" which seems to be a popular view.
The way it left the frame is what made me investigate. I don't dig around in the paranormal stuff much so my humble opinion is not the most experienced, but this vid really made me think.

I will watch more in depth and see if the "bug" explanation feels better. I'll be showing it to my buddies that are way more into this later to see what they think.

S&F to get more discussion out of this

edit on 16-9-2010 by spydunson because: Fixed MSNBC Link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is another copy that hasn't been removed yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join