It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Spotted in Cumbria Pub

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hey all,

I never make threads on ghost and such as I never find anything that has not already been explained. Granted this story and footage I found while lurking in the non too popular Sun website.

Can people take a shot at what this maybe. I wasnt really bothered or impressed until it came to exit at the end.

Thanks again and discuss!

Not sure how to embed this video so I will just link to here

Anyone with the answer into if this is real or how it was faked much appreciated cause I just cant suss this one.

edit on 14/9/2010 by LestatG because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is this it?

It looks like a bug on the lens that flies off. It's very blurry which might suggest it's a very close 'object' as opposed to something further away in the room. Just my humble opinion.

iRM 2.0 ;up:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
While I am no expert in all of the aspects of film and my knowledge of ghosts is rather limited... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say:

It looks to me like a moth on the camera lens.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes thats the one, thanks.
I thought a moth too at first, just the way it exited the frame made me second guess.

The backup story is a bit suspect too, maybe trying to encite a bit of business. If there really was some footage from Thomas Cook (the travel agency next door), and if it did used to be a funeral parlour - you never know there might be something in it!

Thanks for the input anyhow guys.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here's some animated screen grabs....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9055cd8a497c.gif[/atsimg]

iRM 2.0

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Personally I think it may be a fly, just the way it looked you can nearly make out a fly shape and it sort of walked off screen in a fly like manner.

I dunno, it's most likely an insect of some type anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yep it's 100% a bug .. sorry about the one line rule cant think of anything else to say other then, its a bug

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As much as I believe in the paranormal, i'd say it is some kind of bug as just as it flies off the camera shakes, yeah i know a little fly wouldn't cause that but it defo shakes

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Nice on people, general concensus seems to suggest bug, case closed. (?)

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That hilarious. It doesn't look like a fly.

Flies don't glow either.

Looks just like Casper to me...

But then again. With stuff like this you will see what you want to see right?

I mean think how scary it would be if you thought it was a ghost. You wouldn't be able to sleep at night without covering your head with your blankets.

But really, giant glowing flies are scarier than ghosts imho.

Also read the article further.

The footage from Thomas Cook, which was shot exactly a week later, shows a computer mouse move of its own accord across a desk. The office is then bathed in a soft light as the computer monitor switches on. Moments later a large sign falls from the shop's front window.

That fly is just up to no good! Moving mice, turning on monitors, and making signs fall over!

That is one hell of a "fly" don't you think???

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Nice on people, general concensus seems to suggest bug, case closed. (?)

Peace

Case closed for the people who don't read the article.

But for those who look into it further, we have a major issue here.

This fly is a major pest and has been causing all kinds of trouble.

I just think they are scared to realize what this may actually be...
As Usual.

Case closed my rear!!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chupa-chups
As much as I believe in the paranormal, i'd say it is some kind of bug as just as it flies off the camera shakes, yeah i know a little fly wouldn't cause that but it defo shakes

So the fly must be quite heavy huh?

So now we have a huge glowing fly, that weights a lot, that messes with computers and knocks things over.

The most amazing fly ever!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

lol ok we have an advocate against the bugs! So a casper type charcter you think? On a little more serious note your right when you read futher there seems to be more to the story, but then again there always is.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The more I watch, the more I see "fly".

It would be interesting to see the other footage mentioned though.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I agree with Muzzleflash,whatever that is [ i dont think bug ] it flashes and glows.At the begining of the video whilst it is at the top right of the screen,it seems to change in shape and enlarges..bugs dont do that.

What it is , i have no idea. I just dont see a bug.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I also say moth. Assuming that this is a small security camera mounted near the ceiling a common moth would cause it to shake a little bit especially, again assuming, if the mount isn't very strudy. I think first suspect is moth, second maybe Casper.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I dunno, looking at my el cheap camera, the actual lens is tiny. So if that is a moth, it too is pretty tiny to have moved as it did - seemed a fair bit of movement really... but usually the tiny moths are the ones that flap like mad on lights and tv screens, and don't tend to meander along.

I can think it is an insect of sorts given that if it were that close, it would be rather out of focus.

But the camera should not be an attraction to it - generally security cameras don't bring attention to themselves, and in pubs etc, they're typically not domed.. then again that may be due to the dinghy pubs I frequent

Curious.

That guy needs to put his security cam on the net, webcam that spot. If it's anything other than a bug, and if people have seen other things then we might get more of a clue!

edit on 15/9/2010 by badw0lf because: because schroedingers dog is a barbie girl in a barbie world... Oh and clarification!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Putting a webcam on the spot is a good idea. If nothing to hide he should be up for it. They could stick one next door in Thomas Cook while there at it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Definitely not an insect. I can see more than one spirit making up that manifestation. This is an excellent example of how they combine energies to create a large cast.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
well I don't think it's a bug but at the same time I have some other issues. First is the camera movement. During the whole thing the camera "floats" about which suggests it is being held by hand and filming the area to insert maybe some type of CGI later. The other issue is the fact he's owned the place 17 years and the place is closed and he just decides to turn on and view the night footage of after hours nothingness and with a friend, no less!

"Hey Andrew, what movie you feel like watching tonight?"
"I'm more in the mood to watch actionless video of my pub after hours ....I mean there hasn't been a break in or suspected theft or anything..I just like to watch"

Not buying it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join