It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five interpretations of Lady Gaga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Five interpretations of Lady Gaga

www.bbc.co.uk

Pop star Lady Gaga has made the headlines again for wearing a dress made of slabs of meat to the MTV Video Music Awards in LA. So what is she trying to say with her latest creation?

It could be art, it could be fashion, it might even be just an attention-grabbing stunt.

When pop star Lady Gaga turned up to the MTV Music Video Awards ceremony wearing a dress apparently made of meat - with matching bag, fascinator and shoes - millions were left baffled and intrigued in equal measure.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This one just gets weirder each time she pops on telly. I think this also some sort of conspiricy, especially in her videos with all that subliminal stuff. Her name says it all, she is going gaga, like a baby, perhaps even worse. Meaning of gaga;

1. Silly; crazy.
2. Completely absorbed, infatuated, or excited: They were gaga over the rock group's new album.
3. Senile; doddering.

What is wrong with the world today.

What do you guys think?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mods if this is already on (I have seached) then please take it off.

edit on 14/9/2010 by naeem11111 because: informing mods

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think that Lady Gaga is a travesty and my idea of a true and punishment filled Hell is being locked in a room with her and Amy Winehouse for eternity.

Is that even on topic? Every time somebody mentions Lady Gaga I kind of lose it for a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah I agree with you there, the whole lot should be dumped there. I go mad when I hear things like this.

-Naeem

edit on 14/9/2010 by naeem11111 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yawn.
Just another fake media creation to sell crap to the children.
Pop stars ceased to be alternative or meaningful many years ago. She is booooring, borrowed heavily from others, and is about as relevant as a sitcom.
They come they go. Why do people worship "celebrities"?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Why do people want to 'worship' celebrities? It's so simple people love what they have(cars, money), any form of gossip(must talk about it over the phone) people are like sheep they just follow the spotlight.

-Naeem

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Whilst I am no fan, I found this on another believe it or not 'car' forum.

Its a side of Lady Gaga that's rarely seen. She certainly is talented. Watch this.

Rather different to the Poker Face we're used to isn't it!

Don't write someone off till you've seen the other side. Even if a meat dress is rather odd.

Edit to add another.

edit on 14/9/2010 by who-me? because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The only thing more laughable?

Pop music conspiracy theories.

I'm seriously, you guys.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 14-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas Plays.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

You can't be cereal. Lady Gaga is obviously a part of the conspiracy against meat agenda. She is wearing raw meat to show the downfall of livestock in this day and age. I'm super cereal. She's protesting fur and animal cruelty. Cereal. It's not like she is some pantless tranny who dresses insanely simply to draw attention to herself. I'm cereal.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
I'm super cereal.

You're super cereal?

Well, I'm super, duper cereal!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39822aa38dde.jpg[/atsimg]

Excelsior!

-TheAssoc.

edit on 14-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: Manbearpig away!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You are super duper cereal.

But I'm super duper cereal x infinity + 1. I take that manbearpig and raise it a scuttlebutt.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be05d16359c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

I got served.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b08b259e7de.jpg[/atsimg]

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Signs and symbols do in fact rule the world, not laws... I'm not sure what Lady Gaga was getting at but as a vegetarian, what she wore will forever stick out in my mind and there is no way she could ever be sexy to me. Anytime it is suggested that she is sexy, I will be reminded of chunks of animal flesh hanging from her bosum and everyrhing else and it will now and forever not be sexy. I'm pretty surprised tbat peta wasn't all over that. I don't allign with peta because of evidence that they are crooked (probably a hot topic in another thread) but sometimes its helpful to have a well known group, no matter how crazy they are helping you. It has served the Republican party very much in the past. Maybe we should fight fire with fire.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

Just want to point out that if she wanted to be seen as a piano playing soul singer she would do it. She mighr know how to play the piano, but so do a lot of people. I play guitar and I would like to think I fould be in Green Day for example, I know I can play well enough but its all about media influence with these people. Lady Gaga is nothing more than a way for her record label to make money off of sheeplike, uncultured young people in the same way Limp Bizkit made money off of me when I was fourteen.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Oh....it's on now. It's on. IT'S ON!

Got me another crew together.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/346c9cdc6147.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh, she's just one of those avant-garde artists that likes pointing out how stupid the worlds of fashion/music/pop art are. Like Marcel Duchamp. Delightful though, isn't she? Meatdress is old hat though.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
One word: SICK.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Regardless of weather or not you like her music, Lady Gaga is good for the economy, very good for it. Therefore I have to support her. Plus she is active in politics and takes my side, which is a plus.

I don't like her music at all though. lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Just keep in mind that not too very long ago...

Elvis was always shown from the waist up only, because of his "sick" dancing.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have to be honest...

I can never figure that guy Lady Gaga out... Though I do appreciate the irony of him wearing meat...

Pop Muzik Monkeys, not just for New York, London, Paris, Munich anymore...

top topics

join