It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possiblity of draft coming back in new war? Yes, says web bot prediction...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
coming from a retired Marine let me say, things would have to be very, very, very bad before any branch were to look at a draft to fill her ranks...

The why is simple, long gone are the days where you could just hand someone a rifle and say go get em!
welcome to the twenty first century and today's modern battlefield is a very complicated place that requires some hard core serious training!!!

FYI we went through this when Iraq was just getting started and in Senate hearings the chief of staff publicly stated in today's Army a draft is just not a workable option.

Nope I dont see it happening unless china's troops were to make a beach landing in good old So Calif...

edit on 14-9-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

I can definitely remember the feelings I had when Ronald Reagan took office. I was 17-years-old and I was convinced the "Draft" would be one of his first agendas. I was fearful of Nuclear Strikes and I was facing the beginnings of my Adult journey with the price of oil falling through the floor. No jobs and low pay, by 23 I had no choice but to join the Service; I really thought I had failed myself.

IrishCream, have you talked to your kids about this? Have you discussed other things, besides the Webbot, I know there are many "prophesies" to choose from and they all seem to meld together at times. Just last night I was watching some Youtube videos on how Russia will strategically place submarines along the East and West Coasts and deliver fatal blows to our Nation; specifically New York, Southern Florida, and Seattle, SanFran, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Several had maps that were presented as "knowledge" from such sources as ethereal beings and/or visions.

At any rate, I certainly do relate on the level of how I felt back then. If I were that age again I would refuse, there is far too much work here to help with if that should happen. I would not appreciate being forced to some foreign land as if I were protecting it from them, whomever they are. Protecting home and Family seems much more acceptable to me.

I guess it boils down to how much the Children today are connecting to such sites as ATS and YouTube; I would think teenagers know, they might even want to participate if someone should do something awful to their Worlds.

"All the World's a Stage", seems uncannily accurate to say during these times.

Back to the OP: I like the Webbot. It is the conglomeration of our Thoughts and our Inquiries across the Internet. It is the representation of our Universal Consciousness as we are surfing and dealing with life. It cannot be all Truth because we are only now realizing our Truths as they present themselves; yet I love Webbot because it validates to me, on so many levels, that of which we could possibly face in one form or another. The more Truths out there the more we all get to feed the Webbot. LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBareNope I dont see it happening unless china's troops were to make a beach landing in good old So Calif...

I very much agree with you about the technical training..

As for a bech landing in California...a draft would not be necessary for there would be a "rifle behind every blade of grass"

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Remember, war is just an elaborate excuse for murder. Put down your arms and give your enemy a nice big hug. When you really take a good look at them, you will notice they are exactly like you and me. They are not animals, they are human beings, with feelings and a family. They are just warped by their leaders.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That should be rephrased to "High Powered Rifle behind every blade of grass."

edit on 14-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Yes Greensage, I have talked to my children, or rather they have talked to me about many of the things going on in the world right now. Alot of my answers to their "Why is this like that" or "Why is so-and-so such a whatever" questions seem to boil down to "You live in a post 9/11 world hunny" or "Well, it just seems to be the direction people are headed these days"! It kinda sucks (really bad) when you have no concrete answers for them.

My oldest surfs this site along with youtube, google (google earth) and others. He is a self proclaimed non-conformist who corrects his teachers and is completely unable to see any difference between himself and anyone else. In other words, he simply does not respect "authority"! This has worked both for and against him at times, but he is strong willed and very intelligent, so a mother can only hope at this point that she has instilled enough of the "good stuff" to see him through all the coming changes. I know for a fact that he would never volunteer to fight in a war, as you say, he sees protecting home and family as a much higher priority.

My next oldest would most likely sign up and be first in line. He is much more of a machismo kinda guy. He is athletic and can be confrontational if he feels pushed in a direction that doesn't suit him. BUT he would (and does) protect or stick up for anyone who he perceives as needing him to, so I can see him rushing the California shores screaming a war cry. However, he too does not necessarily see authority in the same way as my genration and those before me did. He will recognize certain authority figures and if forced, he will conform, but you better believe there will be a HUGE attitude to accompany his conformity lol!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Since I was an 'older' recruit at 23 joining the Military, and since I was an "Army-brat" my entire life (which caused me to be naturally anti-military), I found that I was missing "Military Bearing". This is when a person automatically reacts a certain way around Authority Figures. I didn't have a clue when to say "yes Sir", or to even "salute" for that matter. They tried to beat it into me but it did not work.

Funny, because now as an adult I find myself using "yes Sir and Mame" often to folks, especially to older folks.

Thanks for sharing that Irish, I would say you have done a fine job! I do not see this attitude towards "Authority" as a bad thing. It means they won't jump off a bridge when told to. It means they can think for themselves. This is a Grand Quality if you ask me. It already makes them survivors!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The web bot predicted a tipping point on 9-11, and that was the last one. The next one is about Nov 7th+-.
A tipping point is the most accurate of the predictions because it involves all the entities.
Whatever happens in Nov might trigger a draft???
And keep in mind this tipping point in Nov is “hundreds” of times larger than 9-11.
Good luck.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
BTW, where do i find the web bot web page?? once i tried a web search and find none.
Is it public?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thank you Greensage, I am much obliged *bow*!

I am blessed with good kids, now I just wish the other "authority figures" in their lives would see their greatness
!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join