It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost died of misdiagnosed flu!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It was brought to my attention i should post my experince with "Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Sytems" located in mattoon ILL. a year ago. You see i was very ill, about mid summer with what i thought to be the flu,but it never went away. I was employed with the hospital listed above at the time ,but i was a medicaid recipient "public aid Insurance" it was rough times. Anyway, i made several trips to the E.R. while at work and they said each time it was the flu it would go away,but it didn't and after about eight days of this,and multiple visits to the E.R. i passed out at work. When i woke several hours later i found that my appendix had burst, and i was very ill. They called my wife and she consented for immediate treatment, thank god i was ok. The unique thing about this event isn't the illness it's the treatment policy, anyone that has a P.P.O that is state provided does not qaulify for a full screening in an E.R. visit which means, they did not run a full cbc....or tox screen if they had they would have seen my white blood cell count was off, and i would have been treated sooner than later..........This treatment / billing information policy was expreesed to me by a supervisor and close freind in the "physicians Billing Dept" out concern i filed a complaint with patient services ,only to find that the investigating committee was made up of the very E.R. doctors that treated me ,and was determined to be unfound. Oh and on a final note the Billing supervisor that released the info to me on billing, has since then been terminated for performance reasons.Im curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.

join