It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Bryant: Guilty or Unwilling pawn?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by CynicalM

Mate, he's locked up in the psychiatric ward at Risdon prison, don't know if insane is the word to use, but he certainly isn't of a normal mindset.

Yes, he apparently failed numerous psych evaluations, but I doubt any of us are in the right proffesion or have the right knowledge to make an evaluation on that.

He was, however, definently not a particularly bright inidvidual...IQ of 66

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

He's also not allowed much time to mingle...

We wouldn't want him talking now would we??

But why is he there in the first place?
How can he be found guilty and still be imprisoned as if he was insane??

Ohh, I know...Pleading guilty means the trial is shortened and all the evidence is not needed..

Ahhh, I get their point..We wouldn't want any questions raised to confict with the official story..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Mate, he's locked up in the psychiatric ward at Risdon prison, don't know if insane is the word to use, but he certainly isn't of a normal mindset.

Mate, insane or not, with the ability to shot like that he should be in Afghanistan helping out the SAS..

Hell, we could just leave him there to take out the Taliban on his own...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by Chadwickus

Mate, insane or not, with the ability to shot like that he should be in Afghanistan helping out the SAS..

Hell, we could just leave him there to take out the Taliban on his own...

Certainly would

But the fact is that it is highly unlikely that someone with the intelligence and tactical knowledge of Martin Bryant, would be able to achieve such a feat. A few years back an Israeli solider went insane and shot up a crowded street, with an AR-15. He wounded seven and killed nobody. How can someone who probably wouldve been involved in combat (given the state of Israel), not even accomplish anything close to what Bryant did?

That is why this entire incident still baffles me

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Very intersting read Oz. None of it sounds quite right and there are many questions that need answering.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OK so like weeks later I have a bit of time to finally answer some of the things you guys have pointed out. Now, I'm just going to copy and paste bits from your posts, quote them and write a reply under but I'm not going to bother with usernames, so if you have an issue with what I said...I hope you can remember if it's your post or not

Caveat: Just because I might not address a point doesn't necessarily mean I'm in agreement with it, it just means I might not have a thought on the matter. I'll also ask a few questions to clarify bits. Sometimes I'm quoting out of order so you'll have to forgive me for that.

OK and on with the show.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
1. The main one was how did a 19 year old man kill so many people with shots to the head, in such a short amount of time, with so few misses? In as little as 15 seconds, and no longer than 20 seconds, he killed 12 people, with most dying from head shots. Even military special forces, have not been able to recreate such a scenario in a short amount of time. [/QUOTE]

Do you have a link or reference to where and when military SF have recreated this event? If even military SF can't recreate it takes away some of the credibility of the Israeli SF theory.

[QUOTE]
2. I cant say for sure with this because Im not a complete gun nut, but with an AR-15, there would be a significant amount of recoil involved every time the weapon is fired. Almost all the people killed were shot with one bullet to the head. How does one maintain control of an assault rifle and kill 12 people in 15 seconds, with such a weapon?
[/QUOTE]

AR15s don't have a huge amount of recoil. There is a method of firing from the hip, I understand it's called point shooting but I've not had any formal military training on firearms nor would I consider myself an expert on shooting. However, shooting from the hip is not a military technique so far as I know. According to the wikipedia article on it (yes yes I know, wikipedia), most of the head shots were from inches away or from around 2 metres away. You don't need to be a crack shot to do that.

[QUOTE]
5. Bryants fingerprints were not found at the cafe where he ate lunch
[/QUOTE]

What did he eat? If he had just a wrapped sammie in gladwrap you won't find any prints. You won't find any prints on the furniture either, depending on what it's made of. Also, reference please.

[QUOTE]

4. None of the witnesses, could accurately identify Martin Bryant as the shooter
[/QUOTE]

Reference needed.

[QUOTE]

6. Martin Bryants mother and sister who visited him, claim their son was forced to plead guilty, otherwise "he would be responsible for their death".
[/QUOTE]

Families are usually the last people to believe their relatives are guilty of anything.

[QUOTE]

7. Their were two police officers within 11 kilometres of the shooting site. Both of these officers recieved an anonymous call sending them to an abandoned coal mine, in an isolated area west of the shooting, where there was allegedly a large stash of heroin. Shortly after they discovered that the heroin was in fact jars of soap powder, they recieved a phone call about the unfolding incident. But by this time, they were half an hour away, and got their only to be pinned down by gunfire from Bryant holding up in the seascape guesthouse.
[/QUOTE]

Probably coincidence. Joke calls happen ALL the time to Police.

[QUOTE]

8. Bryant had an IQ of 66. He actually outsmarted police by doubling back to where the rampage first strarted. How can a man with below normal intelligence think in such a tactical manner? Firther more, all the knowledge of weaponry and tactical manouvers he knew, had come from survival guides and military magazines
[/QUOTE]

IQ isn't the same as sheer cunning. I know some dumb buggers who are thick as two planks but could out-cun (whoo, made up a word!) lots of people.

[QUOTE]

Also, he used a few clips in the cafe..
They recovered the used clips and they all had "one" round left..
Usually the sign of a well trained soldier who doen't keep firing till he's empty..
[/QUOTE]

Professional soldiers don't do that, it's a waste of ammo. What they do do is leave one in the breech while they're reloading in case a threat pops up. Hence the magazine is empty but the breech is not.

[QUOTE]

It's much harder for one person to shoot a number of people dead than these stories would have us believe. Potential victims don't stay still, they run and hide. And shooting moving targets while you are moving means missing more often than not.
[/QUOTE]

Is answered by the next post:

[QUOTE]
He was also 'smart' enough to know to stand near the door when he began his rampage so as to ensure no-one could exit the cafe.
[/QUOTE]

It's a small, enclosed space. People will freeze. That's a fact.

[QUOTE]

1. In the months before the massacre, a specially built body-van was ordered and constructed which could hold 19 or more bodies. This van was used to remove the bodies from Port Arthur. Shortly after the event, the body of the van was removed, and the vehicle was sold!
[/QUOTE]
Reference needed that it was sold off.

[QUOTE]

3. One of the people in the Broad Arrow Cafe, the scene of the shooting, - Graham Collier, was shot in the neck at point blank range. He had the presence of mind to play dead. The killer stepped over him twice, so he got a good look at him. Graham survived and emphatically stated, "It was not Martin Bryant who shot me."
[/QUOTE]

So who was it then?

[QUOTE]

5. A number of foreigners, including Americans, were amongst the victims. There was never an autopsy on any one of them.
[/QUOTE]

Hardly relevant. What does the lack of autopsy indicate? It indicates nothing.

[QUOTE]
Black op by Israeli special forces

Next question?

[QUOTE]

Next question is, why would the Israelis do it? They'd get no benefit out of it.

[QUOTE]

There were apparently some Israeli specop guys on holiday in Australia at the time..

The kill count in the cafe was incredible yet later, the real Martin Bryant fired 250 shots from the house without hitting anyone. I actually wonder if he even fired a shot..But who knows?
[/QUOTE]

Australia is a big place, doesn't mean they were at Port Arthur, if it's true.
Re house firing. Shooting indoors at close range is far different to shooting outdoors at long range. If it really were an SF team, from whatever nation, way more people would be dead.

[QUOTE]

Who benefits?? How about a government that has just quelled any chance of effective resistance against it if it decides to impose much harsher draconian/tyrannical measures against it's own people.

If you don't believe in the planned World Government control agenda and the evil measures behind it from the same folk behind the 911 psyop campaign, then this 'theory' may sound a little 'out there'. However it should be known that Australia is a vital NWO strategic hub for now and especially for the future. There is much vested interest in it's 'New Age' role by the international power factions that currently manipulate and 'stage manage' world events such as 911 among many other terrorist acts.

[/QUOTE]

Blah blah blah, NWO wank wank. The criminals still have the guns, it doesn't lessen any chance of "resistance" to any other such rubbish.

[QUOTE]

Lastly, I questioned the Immediate, apparently knee-jerk, Government reaction of instantly placing Bans on the weapons mentioned in the OP, AND, placing a 40 year Moratorium Ban on the entire subject. Effectively stiffling any decent and official research into the events leading up to the day. [/QUOTE]

Governments are all about knee jerk reactions. If they weren't we'd call them sensible people and not politicos

[QUOTE]

But the fact is that it is highly unlikely that someone with the intelligence and tactical knowledge of Martin Bryant, would be able to achieve such a feat. A few years back an Israeli solider went insane and shot up a crowded street, with an AR-15. He wounded seven and killed nobody. How can someone who probably wouldve been involved in combat (given the state of Israel), not even accomplish anything close to what Bryant did?

[/QUOTE]

A street isn't the same as a crowded cafe with tables very close together. You could take a handful of peanuts, biff them and most are going to hit somebody.

I've probably got more, just let me do a bit of research first.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh I see my quotes didn't work. Never mind, you guys are smart enough to work it out

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

I've probably got more, just let me do a bit of research first.

No problems mate, I'm always open to more laughs...

BTW, the meatwagon was advertised on Ebay but don't expect me to link it for you..

Do your qwn research and maybe come back with a descent post instaed of what you have already supplied.

edit on 25-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Excuse me? I was pointing out obvious plot holes in people's posts. At least I'm providing something constructive. If you have issues with my points, type something up and debate me.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The evidence has been shown, you are obviously trying to derail what has already been pointed out.
Why dont you provide links for your multiple points??

I didn't notice any in your posts...So all you have is opinions with no links to proof..

I reject what is purely just your opinion...

edit on 25-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Derail huh? So if someone has an alternative opinion it's suddenly a derail? What a load of twaddle. At the end of the day everyone's post here is opinion. If you don't like it...bugger off.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

lol, nice work mate.

FACT is your post was huge with many points but ZERO proof...

So it was just a personel opinion, thats all...

Thats how the game works...

Post some credible links and I will debate you all you want, but there is no point just debating an opinion...

BTW, telling me to bugger off is kinda childish.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Luckily the TandC prevents me from using anything more adult.

No one else has presented any credible links either, just supposition and hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Luckily the TandC prevents me from using anything more adult

Any insult you could muster is just pixels on a screen......

But there are plently of articles about this subject on the net...

Saddly, I'm not here to research for you...

Again, post credible evidence and I'll debate you, regardless of your childish insults..

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sadly, this is the way we both spend our Saturday night

I'm not here to present evidence, I'm here to refute and question things that don't make sense.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

If it wasn't done just to de gun Australia I wonder if any of those killed inc the foreigners had an interesting history?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I'm not here to present evidence, I'm here to refute and question things that don't make sense.

Not here to present evidence???

Well then mate, you have joined the wrong site

And I might add, that is the most rediculous comment I have seen here in ages..Well done

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
*Shrug* You're what's wrong with this site- you can't or won't accept criticism or another thought on the matter.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
FACT is your post was huge with many points but ZERO proof...

So it was just a personel opinion, thats all...

Just like your post actually - all you have was also personal opinions, not backed up with fact!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Bryant did not have full blown autism. He had Asperger's Syndrome.
Aspergers does not have any relation to super-abilities. Aspies tend to be shy, gentle, sweet-natured and prefer to keep to themselves.

In fact, having Aspergers quite rules out being so proficient with a ranged weapon. One necessary criterion for a diagnosis of Aspergers is clumsiness, particularly lack of fine motor skills.

www.aspergers.com...

I would have to disagree. Aspergers Syndrome in notorious for social awkwardness and does not always lend itself to the sweet gentle type. I have two relatives with AS and crowds, noisy rooms, loud noises, are all things that make them violently angry. I cannot argue about the motor skills but my one cousin beats all his video games in a day or two. Not only is he really good with the controller, he has said again and again that he enjoys getting all his anger out in the video games because people make him so angry sometimes. He is 28. Just my 2.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join