It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has no one tried this? A suggestion for the tech-headed ghost hunter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So I've watched, read, and done my own paranormal hunts - but there isn't -that- much in Alaska, sad to say. More UFO sightings than anything

Anyways - people almost universally agree that spiritual entities can, or do, draw energy from their surroundings, such as heat, or draining batteries.

So I did some research, and haven't seen anyone who's tried:

Using a device to broadcast wireless electricity, to essentially saturate a room or location with energy for a spirit to use in manifestation.

There are several ways to do this, some simple and low-power, others complicated and powerful. I've been tempted to work on such a unit, but wanted to hear other people's input on this.

Do you think spirits can utilize ambient energies? Do you think broadcasting large amounts (compared to ambient) of energy would be usable by spirits? Is it a workable theory in general? Has anyone ever tried this that you know of? If so what were their, or your, results?

Edit> here is someone who has tried something similar www.entities-r-us.com...

edit on 14-9-2010 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Can't remember what paranormal show I was watching, but some ghost hunting show did use a jacobs ladder or something of that sort. Granted I take all paranormal shows with a grain of salt as I think none actually portray real ghost hunting, but I have seen some that utilize devices that produce electricity to charge the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
if high emf levels cause people to become as sick as throwing up, wouldn't just saturating the area with electricity be harmful, if not worst?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's a definite cause for concern - but the pursuit of knowledge is worth some risk. This kind of experiment can easily be isolated for saftey, and EMF emission doesn't directly scale with electrical output. I'm not exactly sure what the ratio is, but the difference between what I'm proposing versus the example above, is the goal isn't to actually raise EMF levels, but actually broadcast usable energy - like Tesla's work.

I'm not an electrical engineer (fortunately I know one) so I'm still working out the implementation and possible dangers - but I think it's wholly worth a try.

Think of the possibilities! If it works, or if versions of it work, we could rapidly advance our knowledge in this field, and push it into mainstream acceptance. We could enable these spirits to actually manifest and share their experiences with us. There are, of course, some theoretical risks - "angry" spirits and the like, but it's already something hunters have to deal with occasionally, and this could yield ways to pacify or eliminate them.

I know this is interesting people, or at least it should be. I'm kind of surprised at the lack of response. Are people so set in trying to voodoo-witchcraft their way through this field and not approach it with new technology?

I mean no disrespect to the more spiritually tuned people, because I do believe there is a serious level of legitimacy, but our biggest opposition is the lack of proof that can't be easily doctored. I don't get why people are content to let their work be challenged because it was recorded with a digital camera or isn't observed real-time by other "legitimate" spectators. I don't know why TAPS (for example) goes as far as using a basic laser grid, but then depends on them visually watching it for changes versus setting up software and video capture to monitor it for them on a millisecond basis.

A bit of technological advance could yield big results. I'm interested in pursuing it, but would really appreciate the feedback of more experienced spiritualists and hunters to help develop the scope of what we should be aiming for.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SatansGift

I believe it was the Halloween special of Ghost Adventures on the travel channel.. If real the damn thing didnt even work. The guy talked it up like you would see ghosts standing around the machine, obviously no ghosts!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I seem to remember them using a Jacobs ladder on an episode of "most haunted live" too, but I can't find any reference to it at the moment

Edit:
I found a forum discussing the episode it was
MOST HAUNTED LIVE: Sat 10 Jan - Fri 16th Jan / 8pm to Midnight
The discussion on the thread isn't exactly scintillating though
link

edit on 14-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Firstly, I do believe in paranormal phenomena & have experienced some... but, having read the OP linked article, my feeling is that what we have here is either a fundamental misunderstanding of the principles of electro-magnetism or a scam. Still, I may be wrong.
If however the hypothesis that spirits can be 'energised' by broadcasting what is actually just a radio signal into a space is valid, then it ought to be possible to test without the effort &/or expense of making/buying a new gadget. We are surrounded by radio signals all the time, in particular, emanating from the mains wiring of our homes. So, a battery operated sound recorder used for evp experiments would suffice.
Simply run a series of experiments at various times etc. then turn the mains power off at the main circuit breaker & repeat the same experiments. If there is any significant difference in results, maybe we're onto something.
There is another problem with this whole idea tho, which is that by introducing a radio signal into an environment & then using recording equipment in it, unless the output of the signal is analysed & taken account of, or the recorder/s properly shielded, then a scientist would cry, rightly, "poor methodology!" Its worth considering if such phenomena occur more frequently around HT power lines also, since they give off a strong EM signal. For all we know there may be thousands, millions even, of spirits lurking around lonely pylons all over the countryside, desperately waiting for a storm to break something so they can haunt the repair crew!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I seem to remember TAPS doing something like this a couple years ago. It was some kind of behind the scenes thing I was watching. They don't "advertise" the fact that they use it on investigations because unlike EMF meters and IR thermometers, the item they were using poses a significant risk of physical harm. Accidental contact with the device can lead to a potentially fatal electrical shock.
Video Here

edit on 15-9-2010 by zombiemann because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join