It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Teenager Banned From America For Life Over Obscene Obama Email

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything you read in The Sun,

It's Britains best selling tabloid newspaper, a newspaper that is heavily biased in elections, a newspaper accused of homophobia, a newspaper proved to be using photo manipulation and a newspaper that has used headlines such as:

STRAIGHT SEX CANNOT GIVE YOU AIDS – OFFICIAL
FREDDIE STARR ATE MY HAMSTER

They are a sensationalist tabloid paper and will print just about anything to sell copies. I therefore doubt that this lad has been banned from the USA for life he''s probably just sold his story to the paper!

(There premier league football coverage is great though)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

True, the Sun is just for laughs.
And the OP is taken from Fox's misreporting of the Sun, which is even worse.

People commenting prefer to ignore that there were threats made.

A Beds Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language. We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, 'Oh dear, it was me'."

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
To those that are asking where this guys right to "Free Speech" are, he did write this email while he was in the UK, and "free speech" over here isn't quite as free as it is in the US

From the wiki

UK law imposes a number of limitations on freedom of speech not found in some other jurisdictions. For example, its laws recognize the crimes of incitement to racial hatred and incitement to religious hatred. UK laws on defamation are also considered among the strictest in the Western world, imposing a high burden of proof on the defendant.

source

edit on 14-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Good old FOX news, leaving out the important part of the story to make Obama look like the 'big bad'!

Congratulations to those of you who just believe what FOX spews!
Even looking at the RAG that is the Sun, they state that the letter was threatening. And you take the drunk kid's word (even though he says he doesn't remember what he wrote!) just so you can blast Obama!

Good job, critical thinkers!

edit on 9/14/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Who's blaming Obama? It's the FBI that is responsible for this overreaction. Maybe those in Obama's Administration as well, but it is unlikely Obama even got to see the email himself!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

How about we see the contents of the email before jumping to Obama's defence? It's disappointing to see people take joy in saying bad things about the man, but it is also disappointing to see people jumping to his defence at any chance they get.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No one seems to bother the FBI could ask local cops in a sovereign state, ally or not, to check their citizens over vague threats sent by e-mail ...
I hope the full story is garbage. I really hope no one came to this house or that there is much more about it we are not told.
That he could have been banned from America is not what I am the more uncomfortable with.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
How about we see the contents of the email before jumping to Obama's defence? It's disappointing to see people take joy in saying bad things about the man, but it is also disappointing to see people jumping to his defence at any chance they get.

1. Where did I mention Obama?

2. Civilized people mostly adhere to the "innocent until proven guilty" notion.

3. Drunk teenagers who claim themselves to not know what they have written, and make unsupported claims about being banned from America, are hardly a solid basis for a smear campaign.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult" "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk." "the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm beside myself that this paragon of humanity now can't come to the U.S. Truly a travesty.

/Q

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join