It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As most people know I am a Blue Lodge Mason, I have been a Mason for about a year and a half, so I am novice in mostthings masonic yet eagerly seek and try to get involved as much as possible.

Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis is an invitational only college, that I am very curious about. They do have a website yet it just names officers and gives a brief history. I know there are many Rosy Cross fraternities out there. I am only talking about the Masonic Society of the Rosy Cross. Do any other Masons know anything about this group? I am very facinated with rosicrucionism. Of course I would love to become a member There is a college here in Iowa. Although I know I can not ask to join being that it is invitational only.

So if any one is a frater, or knows more than the web site says please enlighten me! Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Let me help you out Brother.

Here is the website: SRICF. The Most Eminent Grand Master of Knights Templars, USA, is also the Supreme Magus of the SRICF.

Membership is by invitation only & predicated on regular mainstream Masonic affiliation as well as a profession of Christian faith. Membership was initially restricted to 36 members per College, but this was changed in 1908 by MW Thomas Shryock to 72 members per college. The See of the High Council is in Washington, D.C. The SRICF is in amity with the SRIS (Scotia) and the SRIA (Anglia) as well as the SRIC (Canada) and has helped the cause of Rosicruciana by empowering High Councils in their own sovereignty around the World. They are: the SRIL in Lusitania (Portugal), SRIG in Gallia (France) & the SRIR (Romania).

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker

So if any one is a frater, or knows more than the web site says please enlighten me! Thanks

The website basically sums it is. The Society is for the most part a research-oriented body. The meetings of the Society generally consist of members presenting academic papers on Masonic-related subjects. The degree rituals are based on Christian mysticism.

Those invited to join the Society are usually selected because of their interest in Masonic research, and also usually have a history of being Lodge orators on Masonic subjects.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I wish one was here in Idaho, but Idaho is not exactly a heavily populated area (Masonic and non-Masonic).

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I myself am a Rosicrucian. I would recommend that anyone interested in Rosicrucianism should read the Fama Fraternitatis and the Confessio Fraternitatis.

If anyone asked me what Rosicrucianism was, I would say its the use of Hermeticism, Spiritual Alchemy and esoteric Christianity to advance ones spiritual progression.

new topics

top topics

join