It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa’s media rules muzzling federal scientists, say observers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Today is a good day as any for your rant, in fact everyday would be a good day. When are we in America and Canada going to wake up, not enough to have it out there on the Internet, needs to be in the mainstream which is the most difficult.

Your website is very interesting, still checking it out.

Thank you for posting Dave.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: line added

Thanks ;-) It's just my past but I am trying to help the families of the dead that were on the Helderberg to find closure and to know the possible reasons behind the Helderberg being destroyed. My CO who was Chief of CI was supposed to be on that plane with his wife. I had been working on a ring laser/plasma EMP cannon for use by Armscor in the Angolan theatre that used u239/p239 as a alpha/beta particle source. The materials for the project were enriched in NK and transported into Taiwan and then loaded onto the plane sans my CO and his wife but with an extra package of what appears to have been ammonium perchlorate mixed with aluminum oxide (extremely high temperature incendiary bomb with its own oxygen) and possibly iron oxide (as there was molten iron sputtering evidence). The perchlorate was supposed to be rocket fuel samples for SAMS for two other SA chemical companies, one of which I had dealings with from time to time. Anyway, everyone on the plane died and when our company got into weapons deals as a broker between the US and Saddam, I quit. I don't have a problem doing terrorists, however I won't be party to selling weapons to psychopathic megalomaniacs.

It is strange how life can place you in the most unusual and precarious positions. I never dreamed when I was younger and simply an engineer that I would end up designing weapons systems for military contractors and paramilitary organizations half way around the world, but such is life.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's just my past but I am trying to help the families of the dead that were on the Helderberg to find closure and to know the possible reasons behind the Helderberg being destroyed.

Bless you for trying to help these families find closure, I am sure you are a G-d sent to them.

Anyway, everyone on the plane died and when our company got into weapons deals as a broker between the US and Saddam, I quit. I don't have a problem doing terrorists, however I won't be party to selling weapons to psychopathic megalomaniacs.

Interesting that you said you wouldn't be a party to selling weapons to psychopathic megalomaniacs. My cousin was a Nuclear Physicists at Oak Ridge in the eighties and he was sent to Livermore Lab during the eighties to work on the Starwars Program, after seven months he quit, refused to work on that program and went back to Oak Ridge, he was a senior scientists there and had 25 scientists working under him, if memory serves he worked on Kirlian Photography at one point but that was not his main focus.. He eventually left and Oak Ridge and now runs a very successful business, he had enough of the war machine.

I realize we all have to make a living one way or another, but when it involves the war machine some like you and my cousin think twice.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I know Oak Ridges, but more Livermore and Los Almos. I worked with the "gatekeeper" for Los Almos and Livermore, he is/was at NYSU at Buffalo. Your brother probably knows who I am talking about, nobody got to work at those facilities unless they were approved by that individual. I had dinner at his house once, he seemed quite friendly on the surface but there was something really horribly wrong deep down inside of him. In 1996 I was involved with DARPA and the aforementioned "gatekeeper" on polarized fero-polymers (now classified as non-exportable technology) used in stealth coatings. You probably noticed the .lines on ATS about an Israeli company named Nanoflight allegedly creating such a stealth coating in 20009/10, uh huh...LOL. Seems that 1996/97 technology never seems to stay in the hands of who stole it first. I expect to see more soon.

It's good your brother got out of there, eventually he would have had to make choices that would not sit well as there are some things in life that all the chlorine bleach in the world won't wash off.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Just so you know, it was not my brother, it was my cousin who worked at Oak Ridge, I am sure he knows who the 'gatekeeper' is/was. I am glad and know he is glad he got out there, somethings are not just worth it. I would never talk about the great conversations I have had with him, trust is very important in my opinion, some secrets are worth keeping, not many but some.

Thanks for posting.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: sp

top topics

<< 1   >>

join