It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dont mess with grampa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Arizona city-..gramps was babysitting his two grandkids when he heard things bump in the night..
he was confronted by two young thugs that had broken into his garage and shot them.
the criminals were prosecuted.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's good to hear a story where someone protecting their property wasn't prosecuted and the criminals were.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Good for Gramps, got link?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

it's on the phoenix news ..last week a 21year old killed a man who hit him on the head
with a wrench and stole his beer..
thats two things you cant mess with - grand kids and beer.

edit on 13-9-2010 by p51mustang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good story! Reminds me of this guy:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

And as a granny my self, not nessisarily in that order either!!! Whoot who!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
Arizona city-..gramps was babysitting his two grandkids when he heard things bump in the night..
he was confronted by two young thugs that had broken into his garage and shot them.
the criminals were prosecuted.

Is this a real story? I would love to read the link.

Before clapping your hands for grandpa we need to see the whole story. Did he give them a chance to surrender?

I always think about like this if I witnessed some punk breaking into my car that is parked in my driveway would I take the shot? NO, I would call the police. Is personal property worth someone's life? Not to me.

But if my family was in trouble I would do what I had to do. But only if it was life threatening.

But we hear grandpa protecting the grand kids and we assume the rest.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Subjective Truth because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If I could, I would buy the old man a complimentary laser scope, not that he needs it. It is really Nice to hear that he was not charged with anything, I am actually pretty surprised that he hasnt, considering our FUBAR judicial system has made a habit of persecuting the victim in these situations.

And just to add, as a reminder that age is not always a factor,

Both of my grandfathers were policemen,My fathers father is a very Spry 80 years old and as a guy who walked the beat from the mid 60's to the mid 80's, he really knows how to handle himself, hes six four 3 inches tall and about 220 lbs, I would bet on him taking out two young punks without the help of a firearm everytime....Heck I am in my mid thirties and everytime he shakes my hand I have to peel my fingers apart..

Beware punks looking for an easy victim in senior citizens sometimes you bite off more than you can chew.

~meathead

edit on 14-9-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Question is Subjective Truth: Is it worth your life to steal from someone? If we have a mentality that if someone steals from you and doesn't threaten you, he can get away with it, then we'll have a free for all. We need to stand up and make a statement that if you steal there's a damn good chance your gonna get killed...I understand where your coming from, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kill someone for stealing a folding chair that's laying in the back of my pickup but if someone breaks into my house/garage, they are not going to see the light of day again and I will see to it!!

new topics

top topics

join