It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting - mobile phone pic and a description of event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
First off please let me say a few things.

A) I know some folks (from reading the site) will slate the picture. I apologise in advance but the phone was all I had on me and in the circumstances its better than nothing.

B) I don't 'do' UFOs. I am an aweful sceptic when it comes to 'flying saucers' and all the related articles that go with it. However I will describe what I saw and admit it is totally unidentifiable to me when compared with any known technology.

C) Yes it has taken me three days to ponder over wether to write this up or not. The reason for this is to try and find a rational explanation (which I cannot) Also, the exif data is intact on the picture and shows time / date clearly.

On the 10th of Sept. around 1pm (UK time) I was walking with a friend from their home to the beach when my friend pointed out what looked to be a brightly lit airframe travelling towards the area of sky the sun was. We both remarked how it appeared to reflect with such an intensity that it must either be highly polish aluminium or some other metallic material and watched it for a minute. My phone rang and I answered, forgetting about the (what I believed to be) high flying aircraft and I walked onwards a small distance.

On shutting the phone down my friend again pointed out the 'aircraft' and said it was slowing down. I looked up and indeed as it approached the sun it was slowing to an almost halt. That is not the behaviour of an aircraft! I had on sunglasses and with shielding the sun from view was able to see it ground to an almost absolute halt and then move slowly sideways into the suns disk and vanished from view.

We waited 5 minutes and it didn't appear again so we walked away discussing it (and watching that area of the sky as we walked).

Then my friend noticed this 'aircraft' had edged out from the suns disk and was moving slowly forward - it then went so bright I couldn't believe what I was seeing, almost as if it was illuminated from within. My friend asked me to take a picture on the phone (and I admit I forget about the photo capability) as he wanted to show some people what we were looking at. I tried my best to mask the sun and get the craft in view and hence this picture.

The craft then accelerated and went behind the clouds remaining well lit until it disappeared from sight and as you can guess we haven't stopped talking about 'it'.

I again apologise about the poor picture, but i'd really like to hear if any one else has ever heard of / seen this type of behaviour in anything they have read / heard of. Hence why I have shared it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have cut out the section and arrowed in red the object as I anticipate a few people asking what they are looking for / at within the picture. Please excuse the hand!

edit on 13-9-2010 by Astr0 because: trying to get picture to show!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

yeah that second image isn't working for me... and you are right, I do not see anything in the first pic.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I hope its fixed. Yep I can see the picture now. As I said, it is a poor pic, but an old mobile phone is not the best item to be taking pictures of high up objects in the sky looking into the sun (even if the sun is shielded from view)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
not to be sarcastic, but you mean you noticed something unusual and didnt get out your tripod and hit the best quality zoom of hd for the clearest picture of cgi quality? For shame!

lol my apoligies, I couldn't help myself. I will not argue the fact that you saw something unusual to you. What it was??? Hard to say, wasnt there, and I probably wouldn't have known then either if I was. The point for me is, if I may ask is, how did it make you feel?

edit on 13-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: um er typos

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is this a hoax? Your finger just happens to cover the bottom of the picture leading up to the "ufo" ? Leaving open the possibility that you were covering something up that allowed for said object to be "flying" in the air, is a huge flaw in taking a picture of a "ufo". I'm on the fence, mainly because I dont wanna be the first ...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nice story but it looks like a small cloud.

Just like the small clouds right next to it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Is this a hoax? Your finger just happens to cover the bottom of the picture leading up to the "ufo" ? Leaving open the possibility that you were covering something up that allowed for said object to be "flying" in the air, is a huge flaw in taking a picture of a "ufo". I'm on the fence, mainly because I dont wanna be the first ...

Meh, according to the accopanying story, the hand would be blocking the sun.. My take is inconclusive, at best. All I can see if a cloud.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Sorry but I had to shield the sun out some how or else the image wouldn't of captured a thing!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I must agree with Chadwickus. The cloud next to it has the same lighting. I changed all the colors and contrast and tint and what have you, and your ufo and the cloud to right both show very similar characteristics,

good luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I highlighted in yellow what I believe you are looking at but it looks just like what I highlighted in red which looks just likes clouds IMHO.

I zoomed in close, it does show pixels close up like this, but still can see it is a cloud IMHO.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac87b5723327.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9/13/2010 by AlienCarnage because: clerification

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OP, I have to say you got one thing right, that you would be slated for the pictures

But seriously, it's impossible to make any real conclusion based upon the images, whatever it is, is being lit up by the sun but as said, it looks like a small cloud.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for all the thoughts folks (even if I disagree - it is after all the internet and to argue would be folly) and I will keep an open mind.

One thing is that its made me review my stone hard sceptic stance as nothing I have ever seen has ever made an impression ,like that did.

any one got a phone with a better camera?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OP,
you seen the object move, then become stationary, then go behind the clouds to then re appear.

If we look at the picture it just looks like a cloud to us. Does it look like anything else to you?

We did not witness the movement and unfortunately the movement is what is making you believe it could be a UFO?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Check out this vid posted on youtube
I really don't think this is a bird flying at that speed..

Peace and Love..

new topics

top topics

join