It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all the Coin like finds on Mars?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by zorgon

Crap! They really do look like coins! That is awesome, Zorgon! Nice finds.

there doesnt have to be any on earth for there to be some on another planet. whats natural hear could be impossible elsewhere.

for example...saturn has rings...totally natural...but not here on earth.
some planets are solid some are made of gas..but no 2 planets are exactly the same...kinda like people.

i dont know what those things in the OP are but why cant they be natural...howd you know they arent?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If they're coins then the martians had to be like 12 inches tall. Little smurfs.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

This has been shown to not be the case even with earth items. Did you read the whole thread?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Well we never really know what she had in that diary of hers.This could be a new chapter maybe.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I know you have heard this so much by now but thank you for coming back and I will say you have some of the best threads on ATS and I for one enjoy them.

Please keep up the good work. No matter the size they look like coins to me. I think to many want to look at them and compare them to what we consider coins here on earth when we have no idea about what may have been on other planets. I for one cannot wait to see what you have coming up for us.It seems you have upset a few folks here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Geology.

It works in amazing ways.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
If they're coins then the martians had to be like 12 inches tall. Little smurfs.

Not necessarily, they might just have had really small pockets

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here's something that makes me doubt the artificiality of these 'coins' :- how come they are all lying in perfect parallel to the angle of the RAT grinder? Shouldn't there be a few at oblique angles, maybe with some interesting frayed edges?
How likely is it that if the RAT was cutting it's way through a coin in perfect horizontal alignment the torque wouldn't just dislodge the coin from the matrix holding it and send it flying off into the desert?
Why would anybody put a scowling ugly mug like that on a coin?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

They also have teeny parking meters. Takes only one mini mars penny to park a mothership. Not bad, really.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hi all.

Ive been coming to this site a while and amazed at the amount of work you guys do on these subjects. And theres so many diferrent areas here it can get overwhelming. .Im gonna admit straight out that I wont have any groundbreaking evidence for you guys but have often felt like chiming in from time to time.Keep fightin the good fight!

Im mainly fascinated by the ufos and what not but visit other topics too.Esp the use of occult symbols in popula music.

regarding the coloured coin....

So I dont know if this has been mentioned I know the face has, and I am aware people see the face of jesus in a slice of toast. pareidolia as one poster says. But Im gonna say theres two faces quite clearly there.I see cheek, bones,eye sockets,nose, mouth all in good defination, a three dimensional representaion of them.of two heads side by side.One human,one alien.on what looks like an old roman type coin. I have tried crudley to illustrate what Im lookig at but dont know how to post the pic. does anyone see the alien head too on the right.?

good thread by the way.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Typical human arrogance.

Not only did Martian aliens use currency, they used COINS.. metal ones.. with faces on them! I'm surprised we've not found an ATM yet.

It will be amusing if we ever find alien life, when we find perhaps that they never had the need to rely on money to separate, control and live better lives - or if they did use some barter system, it was using useful items or services.

But nooo.. they used quarters it seems.. with faces on them, just like we do. Aliens must be like us, because we are that amazing!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Am I the only one seeing a "face" on this or is it just pareidolia?
Could be a face and something by the right side, like an arm....

yes i noticed that also, this would be amazing if it is in fact ancient currency. But wouldn't nasa have kept this secret, or mentioned it in the description of the picture at least if they thought it was indeed a coin?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
looks like ancient Egyptian coins.seen that before somewhere

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
A former Martian president?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cb766adfa8e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

While I sit here like an idiot giving it away free so someone else can make money [ cough cough ATS cough)

So I get to suffer the abuse... but don't get the paycheck... hmmmm that "Hall of Fame" starting to look promising

After all I have 3 hungry Ferrets that need food

But look at all of your stars!!??

With regard to the charlatan issue, my posturing was admittedly more a defense of myself - for I simply cannot accept that I have so thoroughly enjoyed the work of a "charlatan"......

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

I saw a film about crabs here on Earth, coming up from under the sandy shore. They threw sand balls up and out of a hole on the beach. Then they would come up. That could explain all those blueberry's strewn about the surface, not to mention on "top" of some of the rocks.
ps is that Lennon?

Does this quartersized object has a hole in it? NASA took 22 pictures of it.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Tribble because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks for your post as it’s very well presented. I have to say that at one time, starting in the early 90’s with Hoagland I became fascinated with all the strange objects and structures that look man made on Mars.

Alas, that all changed in August, 2007. I took a white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon, all 188 miles from Glen Canyon Dam to almost the Hover Dam. It took a week and each day we camped along the Colorado River in the canyon. The trip changed my outlook profoundly.

Everyday I saw no less than 50 rock structures that from only ¼ mile away looked 100% man made. Some, right up close looked man made. Epic castles and pyramids with doors, windows, and columns. It was incredible. I said over and over again to my wife, if we saw this on ATS or Enterprise Mission taken from a satellite we would be totally convinced these were made by an ancient alien civilization.

Even just the small rocks up close looked completely alien at times. Just a lot of years of weird weathering and natural forces that made some of the most bizarre and unnatural formations I have ever seen.

After that I had to hang my head low in the realization that, with all due respect, if you want to see something in a bunch of rocks you will. It could be faces (I can’t count how many faces in rocks I saw even better than the Face On Mars), pyramids (tons of those), and other man made looking things. I want to believe but that trip shattered all my perspective on our ability to objectively judge what we are seeing in photographs of rocky places.

I don’t mean to be a downer, and I still have an open mind, but I am much more careful not to jump to any wild conclusions.

(I never have but always wanted to write a letter to Hoagland to tell him to do himself a favor and take that trip through the canyon via raft… it would rock his whole worldview of natural vs. alien made objects.)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I didn't know the Rover was coin operational:

Very nice research though!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
OMG
it's space pirate booty

*snort*

I do have to admit that they intriguing. But then, most things on an alien planet look intriguing to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I thought everybody understood that Martians gave up hard currency thousands of years before they were destroyed by the solar flare, and relied entirely on genetic scans for all economic transactions. And before then, they used small plastic "credit cards" with laser-etched holographic codes on them.

I haven't seen any credit cards lying around, and they might last even longer than a coin.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join