It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all the Coin like finds on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Kratos40
We would have had more fun if you had posted the Martian Eels from the MarsAnomalyResearch website. For me that would be more intriguing.

Mike Singh already did the Critters on Mars...

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you decided, on your own boredom time, to post such drivel? Really Zorgon? Just become a lurker and chime in when it is necessary. I respect your intellect, but this is not the time to showcase it...if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Dang, I didn't even see the face looking right. I was looking at the evil-grin martian george washington.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c44ae365fdac.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Am I the only one seeing a "face" on this or is it just pareidolia?
Could be a face and something by the right side, like an arm....

Yes....
there is a face...lol kind of reminded me of Eyore...a bit of a high neck and antlers on top.

awesome, eh ? Or better yet...eventually when they are able to be identified....cool if they were from
Earth...would freak a lot a people out.

~holly

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83b980ba885e.jpg[/atsimg]

Great job... much better than my quick scribble

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Great job... much better than my quick scribble

Wow Zorgon,

The old age must be slipping on you. LOL! Really, how can you post such drivel, when we can't conclusively arrive to a scientific explanation to this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93123e687f7e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is pearedolia at its best...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df789c2ede67.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh my God..... Am I the only one that sees this ?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Zorgon never said this was martian money. He said they are commonly reffered to as "coins" and stated that he would continue to call them such as not to further confuse the issue. Some of you "skeptiks" should learn to read.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

No but I didn't want to mention it

Pareidolia is the famous cry you guys always use, but it never occurs to you that like the 'Nefertari' image we see it because its there :~P

This isn't in the science section, its in the alien/ufo section which all you uber skeptics have already ruled is all nonsense anyway... so what's your point?

I don't suppose YOU might consider doing a thread that meets your standards? Hmmm? No? Ah I see..

Well carry on then, you do seem to enjoying yourself

edit on 14-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

"While I have not traced the precise path and geometry, it is suspected that the central 'fuzzy' patch is due to the Mössbauer placement onto a portion of the mosaic where brush bits had accumulated," Gorevan noted.

"...it is SUSPECTED" can't these guys ever just say something for sure? Makes it only his opinion. problem is I have similar thingies in other images without the RAT holes... which I SUSPECT could be fossils..

But as you say.. wouldn't want to recycle that thread anymore

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, of course you do. With your in depth understanding of the equipment and technology used, your ideas are easily as valid as those of the scientists and engineers who designed, built, and use it.

But what the hell, it's the A&U board right? Who needs science?

edit on 9/14/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I see your point...

Way too often scientific "theories" are stated as "facts".

I often read the links and see things like, suspected, we believe, as far as we can tell, by past experience,
the list goes on...

A fact is a FACT and a theory is just that...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But what the hell, it's the A&U board right? Who needs science?

There you go...

I personally would like to see some science, but how many acceptable scientists study UFO's and Aliens? That Martian Fossil thread I did got a whole bunch of those applause thingamajigs but at the same time I ran 2 other anomaly threads as a test...

The good science thread got maybe 10 posts in 2 days while the other 2 threads with the 'wild' speculation got up to 15 pages, umpteen flags and stars and the whole swarm of debunkers

The debunker who challenged me to do a science based thread didn't even show up

So? What to do.... make more cool threads that no one visits? Or make a few more fun ones that lets skeptics like you rack up those stars?

I have 2 topics I am working on... they will be bigger than my NAVY one, but takes a lot of time to gather that much info... In fact it was those two topics that made me take a break. Not quite sure that ATS is the best place to present them yet

I have found that people like these threads... I know most ATSer are smart enough to judge for themselves, And besides if I didn't put something up, what ever would all you debunkers do with yourselves?

Mike Singh is gone, Internos is gone, Jkrog passed away... many others.. its getting thin on my side of the fence Ah well ... enough digression...

But I look at the topics on ATS lately... I find it hard to find something worth jumping in on

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

No but I didn't want to mention it

Pareidolia is the famous cry you guys always use, but it never occurs to you that like the 'Nefertari' image we see it because its there :~P

This isn't in the science section, its in the alien/ufo section which all you uber skeptics have already ruled is all nonsense anyway... so what's your point?

I don't suppose YOU might consider doing a thread that meets your standards? Hmmm? No? Ah I see..

Well carry on then, you do seem to enjoying yourself

edit on 14-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Actually I am enjoying myself...at your expense. But if you keep believing in such things such as Martian coins, Martian pyramids, and Martian Nasca Plain-like figures then you will be pigeon holed into the charlatan Hall of Fame.

Just saying...but I am enjoying this thread nonetheless.

Cheers,

Kratos40

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

then you will be pigeon holed into the charlatan Hall of Fame.

Works for me

There are some really interesting people in that list

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Cool thread...

She looks a bit like Bridget Jones

Maybe it's some really intricate viral marketing for the next film "Bridget Jones, edge of the solar system"

Holy crap... It's Sailor flippin' Moon!! The Sailor Moon mythology was all true!!! (I'm sorry I used to be a big fan of the show.. and that's all I see when I look at that >.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

They look blue to me, ever wonder where they got their name, apart from their shape of course.

Have you ever used auto fix on a martian landscape image - very beautiful
no advanced imaging or adding colour. Just one click of auto fix and you see the true colour of Mars ( using colour images from spirit and opportunity ) all you notice is that too much red has been added to the image originally.

Also in regard to the berries, how is it they appear to be growing or attached to the side of rocks??

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Also in regard to the berries, how is it they appear to be growing or attached to the side of rocks??

Well they are most likely weathering out of the softer sedimentary rock, but the ones on the stems... those are a true Martian mystery

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

you beat me to it ,looks like a gray,freaky... still dont think they're coins though.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Well they are most likely weathering out of the softer sedimentary rock, but the ones on the stems... those are a true Martian mystery

The blueberries on the stems, I've seen some of those.

Also, for hematite spheres, some of them sure do squish easily.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Think i will try" auto fix" on some Mars pictures myself, cheers for highlighting this.The high levels of "red" you mentioned also is interesting too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join