It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all the Coin like finds on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
An alien civilization that used a monetary system?

Ok now you're scaring me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is the link to the tiny coin inside of a rock or what the microscopic imager saw after the the rock was bored into by the rover. Spirit :: Microscopic Imager :: Sol 1434

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Its an optical illusion created by tool marks.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Pretty small coins, Zorgon. I know your smarter than this. It takes a pretty good leap to ignore much more probable explanations for this than to zero in on the least likely conclusion just for the sake of posting something don't ya think?

I would have to ignore much more mundane explanations that fit better before I decided to start a thread on it and claim it was martian currency. I know you better than this, or at least I thought I did.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
we have had really small coins in the past.

check out this link for small coins from way back.

dougsmith.ancients.info...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I would have to ignore much more mundane explanations that fit better before I decided to start a thread on it

Well heck... not much excitement around here lately and I like to give my favorite skeptics something to do with their time.

You know... YOU could always start a cool thread, say something about secret spaceships or something. Never know what might be in that closet of yours.

Besides people love a good anomaly thread... since the presenters are dropping like flies around here someone has to have a little fun... pretty soon ATS will be nothing but hardcore jaded debunkers who start posting counter argument threads like Phage did

And you REALLY expect to take seriously someone who says THIS is a tool mark?

And considering what you do for a living, I have to wonder why on Earth you even bother looking at these threads if they annoy you so much

BTW I did not say "Martian currency" I said "Coin like"

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Talk about small change!
Those tiny ones do come in at about 1/8"!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by erumisato

There are "coin-shaped" rocks on Earth, called Nummulites. Here's the kicker:

FOSSILS

I recall having circular features in some of my rock collection, in some shale. I also remember that they were identified as being a mineral deposit. But think about a geode......circular is a shape found all over the world, not just the biologicals.
I'll keep looking.......but I thought finding fossil examples first was cool.
Here's the site I first found, the pictures start about 2/3 of the way down the page.Nummulites

Wow! That is interesting. First time I have ever heard of Nummulites. If I was to break open a boulder and found those reddish rocks inside, I would be inclined to believe they were dinosaur steaks.

But I digress, I think Zorgon is smarter than this and is only doing this as his comeback skit on ATS.

Welcome back Zorgon. We've missed you!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

A recycled anomaly thread you mean.

Not exactly a tool mark in that one.

Gorevan told SPACE.com that the Spirit snapshots in question show a portion of a RAT brush mosaic, along with the actions of the rover's Mössbauer Spectrometer. That device carries out a detailed analysis of a rock once put flush into position on the object of interest.

"While I have not traced the precise path and geometry, it is suspected that the central 'fuzzy' patch is due to the Mössbauer placement onto a portion of the mosaic where brush bits had accumulated," Gorevan noted.

The Mössbauer contact plate picked up the brushed bits by a sticking action that Gorevan and others on the rover team have seen before. A related event happened earlier in the robot's mission, he explained.

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ha ha, yeah. You and me should join forces and do a secret space thread. That would trip some people out, lol.....but I don't know anything about secret space stuff.

Back to the thread, while we all know the Martian currency thing is lighthearted fun.....I do stumble when I see evidence of Martian fossils. Even hard for me to just blow that stuff off as pattern recognition and the like.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

I may need to apologize. You may be correct, that in fact it could be ancient Martian currency that could have been imbeded within the Martian strata during the long ago nuclear war that happened there against the Plaedians (Pleated Jeans), Vimana, or Annunaki.

Coins of such miniscule size have existed before:

The Vellichackram perhaps? Perhaps the Rosthchilds are more ancient than what we are told to believe....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cool thread...

She looks a bit like Bridget Jones

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83b980ba885e.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe it's some really intricate viral marketing for the next film "Bridget Jones, edge of the solar system"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Seems more likely a mix of Pareidolia and images edited to lead viewers towards a certain conclusion. That explanation is far more plausible than the objects being the ancient currency of a long lost Martian civilization that met a suitably Wagnerian Götterdämmerung in a war with other forgotten races, thus leaving Mars the hellish wasteland populated by the subtle ruins of their past greatness that we know today.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

We would have had more fun if you had posted the Martian Eels from the MarsAnomalyResearch website. For me that would be more intriguing. You have two objects that are strangely juxtoposed. Perhaps they are laying around to warm up a bit? Wouldn't you agree?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe9f9366782a.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that gets my imagination going....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

What about the sinister alien face that is immediately behind/next to her? I don't have photoshop on this machine so I can't highlight it. Just use your imagination.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is truly interesting and if it is true then Opportunity should confiscate each one of these "coins" and return to Earth. There may be a way to exam this coin through the use of x-rays to see what was possibly written on them.

This again is evidence of a past Mars civilization...that is long gone.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Seems more likely a mix of Pareidolia and images edited to lead viewers towards a certain conclusion. That explanation is far more plausible than the objects being the ancient currency of a long lost Martian civilization that met a suitably Wagnerian Götterdämmerung in a war with other forgotten races, thus leaving Mars the hellish wasteland populated by the subtle ruins of their past greatness that we know today.

It's definitely more plausible, but a lot less fun

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

This again is evidence of a past Mars civilization...that is long gone.

You simply can not state that if you read the evidence presented within this thread and understood it. This thread is a lighthearted joke, nothing more. The "coins" are anything but. In order for you to come to the conclusion they are anything but, you would have to decide to state what you stated based solely on your desire to believe in the least likely conclusion because it is the most exciting or interesting to you personally.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
We would have had more fun if you had posted the Martian Eels from the MarsAnomalyResearch website. For me that would be more intriguing.

Mike Singh already did the Critters on Mars...

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Kratos40
We would have had more fun if you had posted the Martian Eels from the MarsAnomalyResearch website. For me that would be more intriguing.

Mike Singh already did the Critters on Mars...

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zorgon,

Well there you go! Same anomalies, same answers! Prison life must have done a bit on you. Because you are not the same. It happens to my Borneo Babies, when they are "away" for fertilization.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
....the objects being the ancient currency of a long lost Martian civilization that met a suitably Wagnerian Götterdämmerung in a war with other forgotten races, thus leaving Mars the hellish wasteland populated by the subtle ruins of their past greatness that we know today.

Now THAT is more like it! I smell a story in that. I will have to pull out my notes from the Tibetans on that...

Take me a while though... its all in books, can't just cut and paste

So.... are you trying to say this house isn't REALLY watching me?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cb2446927d3.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join